The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bands that are laughed at because they have one song which the general public thinks is stupid/crappy, but are actually really good bands.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

Bands that are laughed at because they have one song which the general public thinks is stupid/crappy, but are actually really good bands. Empty
PostSubject: Bands that are laughed at because they have one song which the general public thinks is stupid/crappy, but are actually really good bands.   Bands that are laughed at because they have one song which the general public thinks is stupid/crappy, but are actually really good bands. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:31 am

I'm not talking about the people who actually know what's up, music freaks like many of us are. I'm talking about people who only casually listen to music and retrieve it from places like the radio, MTV and Napster/KaZaa. They make fun of these bands because they are "one-hit wonders" whose hits were off-kilter or strange, or tragically suffered from overplay and severe aging. Bands and songs such as:

Dinosaur Jr. and "Feel the Pain"

The B-52s and "Love Shack"

Crash Test Dummies and "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm"

Devo and "Whip It"

Joan Osborne and "One of Us"

Blind Melon and "No Rain"

The Flaming Lips and "She Don't Use Jelly"

Q Lazzarus and "Goodbye Horses" (this one's a little different, because as far as I can tell there was never a proper album, if even another song besides this one ever recorded. But still, this song is generally laughed at because of the context from which it draws. But for real, you're fucking stupid if you don't recognize that this is a legitimately fantastic song).