The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes Empty
PostSubject: So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes   So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:55 pm

I know I was a mess. And lately, as I said before, I've been trying to sort things out and get my priorities straight. So, I've started focusing on school, setting and achieving goals, cutting back on drinking, spending a lot less time online, etc...

So now, I've started to try to get myself in better shape. I used to drink nothing but tea and soda... Now I have like 1 or 2 cans of soda a day at the most. Mostly, I drink water now. I've started lifting weight periodically through the day. I don't want to get ripped or muscular... just get a little more muscle mass and get rid of some of the fat. I'm also starting to exercise every night with push-ups and sit-ups. This next week, I think I'm going to start walking for about an hour every day after school.

In total, it's not much... but it's a lot more than what I was doing so I'm hoping it will lead to some nice changes even if they are small. Like I said, I don't want to really be 'fit' I just want to lose some of the fat and be in better condition. Anyway, I suppose there is no real point in me posting this but I felt like talking about it.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes   So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 5:40 pm

that is a lot towards a healthier weight. i'm also trying to lose weight--unfortunately, i am having trouble finding a whole lot of time to exercise. however, i am making much better decisions with what and how much i eat.

i've lost about 9 pounds so far.

hopefully we will both be successful! kudos for all the positive changes you are making. =)
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes   So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Good luck to all the weight losers in this thread. The hardest part is to not quit.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes   So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Thanks, and yes... not giving up is the hardest part of it all. I've started several times in my life but I always give up. At the moment, I have someone now who will remind me to do my exercising and to keep up with everything. It's nice to have someone around for motivation and to keep you going.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes   So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Damn, one or two cans a day is cutting back for you? That really was a lot then.

The hardest part is the first part: making it a routine (don't know if that's what you others were saying). The first month or so basically. Weights aren't a terrible idea, but you should do light weights, only 2-4 days a week, and make sure you do it in conjunction with cardio. An hour walk is good, but it won't be long before a walk isn't enough and you just plateau (I know you said you're not trying to "get in shape" but instead just not be as fat basically). But short, light jogs (like a mile or so to start) are good but swimming or biking might be even better for low resistance on what are out or shape joints and limbs.

Oh wait, while typing that I just remembered you're not so good on a bike lol. Well, that might be reason enough to learn, and then that's just two birds with one stone.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes   So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:53 pm

It's so easy to give up. Just keep at it and you'll achieve what you set out to do. I need to start getting myself back into shape. I've let myself go a bit over the last few months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes   So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So... recently I've added weight loss to my life changes
Page 1 of 1