HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best Voivod album?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GROCERIES

GROCERIES

Title : sux

Best Voivod album? Empty
PostSubject: Best Voivod album?   Best Voivod album? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Never really sat down and listened to Voivod. Looking for a solid introduction album to their stuff to determine if I would like to listen to more of their stuff or not.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

Best Voivod album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Voivod album?   Best Voivod album? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:04 pm

Kind of depends. Dimension Hatross[/ii] and [i]Nothingface are typically regarded as their best. They both blend thrashiness with kind of the spacey prog feel they got known for, but I never really could get into them. I like War and Piain best, but it's their most thrashy album with pretty well no prog elements (mind you I haven't listened to Voivod in over a year so I might like hte other two more now).

After that, I can't help you much. General opinion tends to be that their self titled is pretty good, but I've never heard it. After that, opinions vary. I remember one big Voivod fan telling me that Killing Technology and Angel Rat were among their best, but I think he's the first person I've ever seen voice that sentiment. ROOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRR is supposed to be good too, but again, I've never heard it. For a good introduction, it's probably best to go with Nothingface and Dimenson Hatross.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

GROCERIES

Title : sux

Best Voivod album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Voivod album?   Best Voivod album? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Hm. I listened to Nothingface. It was alright. I think I was expecting some straight up thrash and wasn't expecting it to be like what it was at all. I'll probably listen to it again and have a better opinion on it after that.

I'll check out Dimension Hatross and War and Plain as well.

Thanks for the reply, man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best Voivod album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Voivod album?   Best Voivod album? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Voivod album?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: Music-
Jump to: