Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Preview of new Cynic album.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

Shrike

Preview of new Cynic album. Empty
PostSubject: Preview of new Cynic album.   Preview of new Cynic album. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:51 am

I knew it was just a matter of time before managed to get a sitar in there.

Tight as usual, and promises a tad more aggression than Re-Traced. That said, I hope to god they're not ditching Tymon's growls.

Seems fall 11 is getting crowded in terms of high-profile releases.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Preview of new Cynic album.   Preview of new Cynic album. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Tymon isn't in the band anymore.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Preview of new Cynic album.   Preview of new Cynic album. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:15 pm

Never cared about Cynic even a little bit but I actually kinda liked that little teaser. I imagine I'd go right back to not caring if I ever listened to the whole album though, which is probably something I'll never do lol.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Preview of new Cynic album.   Preview of new Cynic album. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Electroretard wrote:
Tymon isn't in the band anymore.

Fuck.

I've been kinda out of the loop since Re-Traced, which I liked, but didn't love (Traced in Air is one of my all time faves). Sad to hear he's gone. He was the perfect replacement for the lost growls, I didn't actually know they'd switched him at first.

Hopefully this EP is more along the lines of Wheels Within Wheels than the other tracks off of re-traced.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Preview of new Cynic album.   Preview of new Cynic album. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:28 pm

They technically didn't replace him. The official Cynic line up now is just Paul Masvidal and Sean Reinert.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Preview of new Cynic album.   Preview of new Cynic album. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:46 pm

I think you misread me. When I talked about replacement I was referring to Tymon replacing Tony Teegarden as death metal vocalist, and that I didn't actually notice from his vocals that it wasn't Tony anymore.

Besides that, Tymon's solo in The Unknown Guest might be my favorite not-Adrian Smith-solo ever.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Preview of new Cynic album.   Preview of new Cynic album. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:37 pm

ah okay. Yeah it's crazy how identical their screams are.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Preview of new Cynic album.   Preview of new Cynic album. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:56 pm

So it's not taking them like another decade before they release something?
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Preview of new Cynic album.   Preview of new Cynic album. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Sounds like it'll be boring as fuck just like Traced In Air was.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Preview of new Cynic album.   Preview of new Cynic album. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:40 pm

It's definitely very Cynic. And while I miss the growling, I was actually pleasantly surprised. Gives a much better impression than the teaser.

Reinert is his awesome self, and the track is a lot more energetic than Re-Traced, and towards the end gets pretty heavy, in a soft kind of way. The groove is simple, but the layered shit ontop of it keeps things interesting. I was afraid it'd be pure scifi wankery, but things are looking good.

And R_Z, work your way back from Re-Traced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preview of new Cynic album.   Preview of new Cynic album. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preview of new Cynic album.
Page 1 of 1