The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.


Surrender To All Life Beyond Form
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Electroretard

Electroretard

Posts : 2304
Age : 29
Location : Ohio
Title : post-post
Registered : 2011-01-18

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:48 pm

In my experience, the majority of apparent weirdos in the metal scene turn out to be pretty fuckin' normal dudes.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Posts : 19510
Age : 32
Location : In a galaxy far, far away...
Registered : 2008-05-06

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Rank: Sith Cadet
Experience Points: 25/100

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:10 am

Maybe I should have talked to Wolves in the Throne Room.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Shrike

Shrike

Posts : 956
Registered : 2011-01-19

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 10:39 am

Awkward anecdote:

I was talking to Austin Lunn at the WITTR gig in Gothenburg a few years ago and we were getting along nicely. So then Wolves-Nathan shows up and they start talking about the tour and the bands they've been with, labels and whatnot.

So now I'm in the combo of being A. somewhat star struck, and B. finding myself in a conversation where I have literally NOTHING to contribute with.

Fifthest wheel ever, regardless of how likeable any of them where.

And as for The Ocena thing, Lox was spot on, I was talking about Mike Pilat leaving in favor of Loic. And the new Ocean album is going to come out in two versions. One with some vocals which were added late in the process, as Loic had been sick for a while during recording, and one which is entirely instrumental.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Posts : 19510
Age : 32
Location : In a galaxy far, far away...
Registered : 2008-05-06

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Rank: Sith Cadet
Experience Points: 25/100

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:29 pm

I'll check out the new one. I felt the last two kind of fell short in the wake of Precambrian. I think they should have just called it quits. They're never going to come close to that quality ever again.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Electroretard

Electroretard

Posts : 2304
Age : 29
Location : Ohio
Title : post-post
Registered : 2011-01-18

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Shrike wrote:
Awkward anecdote:

I was talking to Austin Lunn at the WITTR gig in Gothenburg a few years ago and we were getting along nicely. So then Wolves-Nathan shows up and they start talking about the tour and the bands they've been with, labels and whatnot.

So now I'm in the combo of being A. somewhat star struck, and B. finding myself in a conversation where I have literally NOTHING to contribute with.

Fifthest wheel ever, regardless of how likeable any of them where.

And as for The Ocena thing, Lox was spot on, I was talking about Mike Pilat leaving in favor of Loic. And the new Ocean album is going to come out in two versions. One with some vocals which were added late in the process, as Loic had been sick for a while during recording, and one which is entirely instrumental.

haha is that when Lunn called me and asked if I knew you and we had a 3 second conversation?
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Posts : 1556
Title : J-Silky Smooth
Registered : 2009-07-15

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:19 am

Even with the all instrumental version, I'm still worried. The songwriting on the last two records has been weaker than usual, and I'm afraid it will grow even weaker as the band tries to attain a broader audience. I heard one song from the record already, and it kind of sucked.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Posts : 1556
Title : J-Silky Smooth
Registered : 2009-07-15

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 pm

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/04/08/the-ocean-collective-explore-every-imaginable-zone-with-pelagial/

Maybe it will be good? I don't know how much I trust MetalSucks though.....
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Posts : 2304
Age : 29
Location : Ohio
Title : post-post
Registered : 2011-01-18

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:59 pm

I don't get why ya'll like The Ocean. I think they're awful. They go back and forth between sounding like wanky bullshit and sounding like radio butt rock.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Posts : 1411
Title : Trolling Dick
Registered : 2011-01-26

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Electroretard wrote:
In my experience, the majority of apparent weirdos in the metal scene turn out to be pretty fuckin' normal dudes.

not that John Kerr guy, he is a fucking weirdo

and on topic, Neige clean vocals, holy fuck does he sound like an immense pussy.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Posts : 1556
Title : J-Silky Smooth
Registered : 2009-07-15

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:27 pm

http://www.spin.com/articles/the-ocean-bends-stream-instrumental-metal-opus-pelagial

The instrumental version of the album is the best thing since Precambrian. I'm actually impressed.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Posts : 1816
Age : 31
Location : Michigan - aka Hell on Earth
Title : The Mighty Masturbator
Registered : 2010-10-25

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Electroretard wrote:
I don't get why ya'll like The Ocean. I think they're awful. They go back and forth between sounding like wanky bullshit and sounding like radio butt rock.

I never liked them either.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

Posts : 956
Registered : 2011-01-19

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:40 am

Electroretard wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Awkward anecdote:

I was talking to Austin Lunn at the WITTR gig in Gothenburg a few years ago and we were getting along nicely. So then Wolves-Nathan shows up and they start talking about the tour and the bands they've been with, labels and whatnot.

So now I'm in the combo of being A. somewhat star struck, and B. finding myself in a conversation where I have literally NOTHING to contribute with.

Fifthest wheel ever, regardless of how likeable any of them where.

And as for The Ocena thing, Lox was spot on, I was talking about Mike Pilat leaving in favor of Loic. And the new Ocean album is going to come out in two versions. One with some vocals which were added late in the process, as Loic had been sick for a while during recording, and one which is entirely instrumental.

haha is that when Lunn called me and asked if I knew you and we had a 3 second conversation?

Same night, later (somewhat more drunken) moment, equally awkward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Black woman threatens to kill all whites in astonishing outburst
» Cat nystagmus
» A guest spotted in a hidden group forum
» Controlling the Chatbox: Group based access.
» automatically add tags when posting in a group

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: Music-
Jump to: