The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

Shrike

How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet? Empty
PostSubject: How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet?   How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:47 am

Just to deny iheartradio any hits for their awful audio-watermarking, here's a Youtube rip.

My reaction is this. Instrumentally, it's vintage Sabbath. It could easily have fit on Sabbath Bloody Sabbath or Vol. 4 without much effort, and I'm perfectly fine with that. When they got back together I didn't want a revolutionary Sabbath, I wanted the Sabbath I grew up with.

As for Ozzy's vocals, which were always gonna be the make or break-factor, I'm fine with them. They have that godawful filter that he's used for the past 15-20 years, but the delivery is pretty solid and I'm really liking the vocal melody (what little there is).

I have no way to be objective about this, since Sabbath was essentially my first favorite band. I listened the shit out of everything Black Sabbath album with Ozzy on it in during my teen years. That said, I really was prepared to be disappointed. But so far I'm okay with this, and with a better quality rip, I'm thinking I could grow to love this.

Still wondering how Ozzy's gonna fare live.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet?   How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:21 pm

No one cares because sabbath fucking sucks
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet?   How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:22 pm

I wanted to post about this but for some reason I couldn't get on the site yesterday. I'm so psyched for the new Sabbath album Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet?   How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:34 pm

That riff in the last 2 minutes or so is fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet?   How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 2:13 pm

I prefer the chorus riff, to be honest, but yeah, it's a good one. I think Geezer's bass work to the finishing riff is pretty kickass though.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet?   How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Pretty solid. You won't find a bigger fan than I of needlessly long songs, but I did think it was a little too drawn out.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet?   How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 3:11 pm

I was going to say Respawned would have been most likely to have posted it and say "Fucking awesome!!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet?   How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 3:11 pm

Should honestly just cut the first 4 minutes or so. The ending of the song is fine, but there is no reason for this to be 9 minutes long.

And honestly, I think what my friend sums this up pretty well:

"Imagine this song was not written/performed by Black Sabbath, but some local band at a bar or something. Would you care?"

Unfortunately, no. I wouldn't. The only reason anyone cares about this is because it's Tony Iommi, Ozzy, and Geezer.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet?   How is there not a thread about the new Sabbath track yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Video in the OP is dead

Here's a new one