The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My newest focal point of concentrated hatred

Go down 
+5
Abnormal Freak
Electroretard
After_The_Barrel_Roll
Cghost21
roughdraft_zero
9 posters
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

My newest focal point of concentrated hatred Empty
PostSubject: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 4:25 pm

is people who fucking say "Cheers" all the time.

Fuck I hate them so much.

I'm not talking about a group of people who take more than an average number of opportunities to make toasts and clang glasses with everybody next to them every time they go out, but rather a much more annoying group who like to use the phrase as a substitute for every single greeting and salutation that they instead should be uttering. These people have stricken from their vocabulary words and phrases like, "hello," "goodbye," "thank you," "you're welcome" and "I agree" in favor of one universal word to remind every person they interact with that they'd rather be getting drunk, cuz what else is there in life worth doing? Every time I hear it, I cringe and internally replace the word with an image of an upheld glass and the words, "Hear hear! To pervasive functioning alcoholism socially accepted by my peers and you too whether you like it or not but fuck you cuz I'm a raging xenophobe with no consideration or acknowledgment to the culture or lifestyle of others!"

Working at a hotel that gets a fair share of foreigners I hear this shit all the time, namely from guests coming from Canada, the UK, Australia and Germany. Not to say that I'm singling them out, cuz I still hear it from local douchebros at shitty sports bars or dorks that watch the BBC, read Tolkien and play FPS eight hours a day. If anything, it's getting worse and becoming more widespread, and there's at least a small portion of these clowns that say it because they know it's more prominent "across the pond" and think it makes them multicultural. FUCK it's annoying though. I've had conversations with people where "cheers" was said more times than there were sentences, like it served as punctuation. It's gotten so pervasively cliche that I have an instinctual reaction to quiver and scowl even when it's used correctly, like, during an actual moment of cheers.

So, unless you're in a fucking bar or at a fucking party, with a fucking person you're fucking talking to, and have something to fucking celebrate and are holding your fucking glasses up to each other, "cheers" is not something you should fucking say.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 4:42 pm

blah blah blah blah
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 5:09 pm

chairs
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:21 pm

lol i say cheers all the time.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 8:26 pm

It's a shitty word even when celebrating something and clinking glasses.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 8:34 pm

^Pretty sure I said cheers to you when we met, lol
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 9:41 pm

You probably did. :o
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 9:54 pm

I don't really have any thoughts about "Cheers", but online, I've really found it annoying when people say "doe" in place of "though".
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 10:04 pm

it can be funny doe
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:03 am

^^ Case in point

Electroretard wrote:
lol i say cheers all the time.
Then you are annoying all the time.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 7:13 am

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 2:25 pm

I feel sorry for you that you let something so small and meaningless bother you so much.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 5:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My newest focal point of concentrated hatred   My newest focal point of concentrated hatred I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My newest focal point of concentrated hatred
Page 1 of 1