Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for Empty
PostSubject: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 9:09 pm

Finally going to get a damn album out. So, second full length will hopefully be out in time for the 8 year anniversary of the first. The album is entirely demoed out. Now it's just a matter of finding the time to do final recording and mixing. It's a mixture of doom and ambient so really going back to what the first full length was but better, in my opinion. Anyway... Run time is roughly 42 minutes or so and it will be called Adrift... And here is the track list:

Into The Void
Adrift...
Empty Gaze
Death in the Expanse
Approaching The End
Point of No Return
Mourning

And the next album is also somewhat in the works with half the songs having been demoed. So, just an update to post for anyone that cares or that even comes here anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 9:35 pm

I don't check in that much anymore here, but I guess I had good timing today. This sounds pretty cool. I always tended to like your past work.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 9:45 pm

That really is some timing, ha. Well, glad you enjoyed my early stuff. I'd definitely say it leans more that direction. Roughdraft heard at least one demo from this album and had a positive response.

If you ever want to hear one of the demos I'd be more than happy to get opinions.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Stoked. Timeline? End of the year/early next year?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Hopefully early next year. I've got a lot of time off in December so hopefully I can bang out the recording then. Mixing shouldn't be too tough to make time for since I could take my computer to work to do stuff on breaks and what not.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 10:54 pm

Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for Adrift10

A little preemptive thing I put together tonight.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 12:39 am

Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for 20181210
Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for 20181211

Don't mind my shitty setup and monitor. It is beginning, woo!
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Hell of a first day. Got drums programmed in the first couple hours. Get my guitar tuned and start kind of rehearsing songs and relearning them. Finally get to recording guitars... where is my mic? No fucking clue. My daughter likes to take it and play with it. I look all around the house and can't find it. Fuck it. I drive 30 minutes to the closest music store, they're closed. I go another 15-20 minutes out of town to one that is open. Grab a sure SM57 and mic stand. I'm out $150. Get back home about 45 minutes later. Set the new mic up. It sounds fucking beautiful. I spend the next few hours recording guitars.

I've used one of these in a studio before, but never at home. That SM57 is fucking beautiful. I almost feel like I don't have to mix with it. I try to go for a live sound when I mix and as I was layering guitars it sounded exactly what I hear in the room. Obviously I have to master and adjust levels, but man... this mic is going to make recording so much easier for me.

All in all, great start despite the set backs. Today was honestly the most fun I've ever had recording.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 6:45 pm

Sweet. Bet that's gonna come through in the sound of the recordings, too.

Dig the cover art, too.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 8:30 pm

Speaking of the art, did I ever even say what the concept of it is about? My daughter was talking one morning about the stars and space. And after we had dropped her off I just started thinking about things on the way to work. But, basically, it's about the idea of dying and then your consciousness just drifting through space forever. How you'd eventually go crazy just floating for billions of years and being around for so long that the universe expanded to the point of no stars being visible anymore. Just floating in a black void hoping you get ripped apart by a black hole so you can die... pretty bleak but, admittedly, the album isn't that heavy outside of a few points. Flirts a lot with floaty sounds and ambient music. Just kind of ebbs and flows
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 1:39 am

Pretty cool concept. I'm glad it's going fairly smoothly so far, other than the disappearing mic.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 1:53 am

Disappearing mic was a blessing.  Things sound so much better with this new one.  It will no doubt be the best sounding Lance of Longinus album.  I'm looking forward to being able to share it.  And if things go as smoothly as they did the first day, it will definitely be out by February/March.  My biggest concern right now is getting art finalized and things manufactured.  Sometimes that proves to be a bigger problem than actually making the damn thing.

Edit: Actually, considering what you've done for a living I'm glad you approve Jeff, ha.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 4:50 pm

3 of the 5 songs with guitars should be done by the time I'm done today. The 2 tracks I'm working on today actually take up about half the run time. Making good progress, I think. Still have tomorrow and Monday to myself so the other 2 should be pretty easy and then vocals at a later date once I'm comfortable with the mix and have all that settled.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 5:09 am

The first time I've done an album sampler.  Mostly unmixed, unmastered, just raw recordings.  I guess it gives an idea of how the whole will sound.

Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 6:49 pm

I liked this and what you sent me. Sampler sounds even cooler, probably because it had a bit more variance. Cleans sounded really good. The distorted guitars sounded too...fast. Wanted heavier and slower, but--might feel differently when it's all finished and put together. Good foundation though.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 1:37 am

I dunno, man.  I feel like this is some of the slowest and heaviest I've done for Lance... but yeah, context matters and this was just a little taste of a few riffs.  Not to get too ahead of myself but over the last year or two I worked off and on with a different project.  Never spoken about it or anything but it was heavily inspired by Munn and Elu of the Nine.  And it was basically sessions of me standing in a dark room, putting a click track on for like 13 minutes and just doing slow droning riffs.  I don't know if or when I'll get around to finishing that because it was always an on a whim project.  But it would probably satisfy what you feel this is lacking.  Hell, might even be why it's lacking here.

I did just finish listening to the demo thus far.  And it's shaping up nicely.  The drums are mostly done.  Few guitar things that need to be worked on.  Then just mastering the whole thing and getting levels right.  Oh... vocals.  I always forget about that but those are missing still.  I do have a defined theme and idea so it should be pretty easy once I get a good mix to write lyrics and start planning vocals.   Overall, I'd say I'm still on track to having this out in the next few months.  Really pleased with how it sounds right now.

Another thing I mentioned about  Lance is that I've already got the next album pretty much lined up.  The way this is working reminds me a bit of The Ocean back in the day.  Adrift is the lighter side of what could almost be a double album.  There is a lot of ambience here and pretty melodies... the next thing lined up is more straight forward doom/sludge with a bit of black metal thrown in.  That album will be called Mississippi Is Burning and will be the end for Lance of Longinus.  The project ran it's course and always held me up because I had specific ideas for it.  So once the next album is done it will literally be all the songs ever written for Lance of Longinus.  Hell, the oldest song from Adrift was written back in like 2005.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 3:14 am

Sounds pretty slow and heavy to me. I'm looking forward to more.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 6:04 pm

Did some testing with mic setups for vocals. Right now I'm liking through my chorus and verb pedal into a practice amp with gain on like 2/3 With more verb there.

Sounds about like how MSW has his setup for Hell so that's cool.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 3:21 am

Well, I'm down to listening to a mixed version of the album without vocals and a few pickups on guitar needed. I'm pretty pleased with it all. I really do think without a doubt this one and Mississippi Is Burning will be my favorite Lance of Longinus albums. It's finally the songs I wrote for it in the way it was meant to be. If people don't like it, that sucks I guess... but yeah, I think I'm going to be really happy, personally.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 1:46 am

Here's a roughdraft for you

All hope abandon
Everyone must enter the void
Endless torture
Meaningless life
Far from anything I ever loved
Lost in an abyss

Black is my world now
Gods, I cannot find
Only loneliness
My life, it is removed from me

I no longer remember what I once was
An empty shell
Not even a husk
Alone, I am left

If god is real, just answer the call
Something, anything
I need this closure
Something sure, something pure, a real end
I can't go on, I pray for death

Kill me
I want to die
No one deserves this
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 12:20 am

I've seen the light die
Nothing lives here
Death in the expanse
Voids are pure
This is absolute

Voids, nothing
Absence pure
Hate, death
Drifting alone

Forever drifting
Solace not found
Death in the expanse
This I see
This I desire

Solace, hatred
Comfort, silence
Ending
Ripped and torn
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:41 am

Recording vocals tomorrow...

------

Now I try to take a look at my life
And I can't remember the life I had
When I try to mourn I can't feel anything
I don't remember who I once was
Now I lose control

Mourning what once was
Remembering this existence
Knowing I can never find it

Black is the void
Now it's home
Never know her
Never know them
Lost and adrift
In this void
When it turns to shit
We'll soon turn to dust
None of this ever mattered
I hate him for this
Allowing me to feel
Only to lose
God is not real
And this is pure hate
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 3:05 am

Who will save your soul
From what is coming
God is not there
God does not care

Who will save your soul
From what is coming
Who will listen to you now
All your empty thoughts and prayers

Who does that help now
Nothing solved
Absent words
No actions

You're the problem
Not the answer
Fuck your faith
It solves nothing
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 3:24 pm

Jesus I won't be able to talk after all this. I've gotta say... all this black metal shit is effecting my ability to maintain lows. I've coughed and gagged numerous time trying to do low growls. Currently I'm barely able to do the highs.

Roughdraft, you said you like it when I hold out words and it's long screams... God damn this album is basically nothing but that. I plan to post a song or 2 tonight with vocals to gauge the progress. I've already posted the lyrics so I'm sure you guys are smart enough to figure out which song is which.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 5:54 pm

I posted the lyrics on facebook and I got the suicide prevention screen.  I guess this a depressing album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for   Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lance of Longinus update... that no one asked for
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next