HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brutal Assault Festival

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

Brutal Assault Festival Empty
PostSubject: Brutal Assault Festival   Brutal Assault Festival I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 12:59 am

Hey guys, I'm finally going to Europe to see my first real metal festival. Just bought tickets today. Which of these bands should I absolutely not miss?

https://brutalassault.cz/en/line-up

I'm most excited for Emperor, The Ocean, Anathema, Destruction, Hypocrisy, and the Diablo Swing Orchestra.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Assault Festival   Brutal Assault Festival I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 4:08 am

Listening to Mgla properly for the first time right now. Holy shit they're great.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Assault Festival   Brutal Assault Festival I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 5:01 am

Damn, that's quite the lineup.

I would seriously recommend checking out Batushka, Saor, and Zuriaake. Also, if you somehow don't already know Taake, you should, they're great live as well.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Assault Festival   Brutal Assault Festival I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 12:26 pm

I already listen to Batushka and Saor and am really psyched to see both. Never heard of Zuriaake though. I'll check them out. And after all the controversy with Taake recently, I don't know if I wanna sit through their set.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Assault Festival   Brutal Assault Festival I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 12:50 pm

With Heart Towards None and Exercises In Futility are two of my favorite albums ever.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Assault Festival   Brutal Assault Festival I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 5:46 pm

Well then, get onto Zuriaake. Black metal with well-integrated Chinese folk music.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Assault Festival   Brutal Assault Festival I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 6:15 pm

When you say the part about Chinese folk music something went off in my head. It may have been a different band but there was a black metal band I found one day that fits that description and I listened to all their stuff in one day. It was good.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Assault Festival   Brutal Assault Festival I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 6:40 pm

They're the best and most well known of the small number of bands that do that.  Unless you're thinking of Chthonic, who also mix a lot of BM with chinese folk.  They're fun, but not great, because they mix it with the more gothic/generic variant of black metal.

EDIT: Listening to some of these bands again, I should note that the Chinese influence on Zuriaake's first album is much stronger. It's not as strong on their second album, but it's still a great album.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Assault Festival   Brutal Assault Festival I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 1:09 am

Loxx O))) wrote:
With Heart Towards None and Exercises In Futility are two of my favorite albums ever.

I've been listening to Exercises in Futility a lot. Haven't even made it to any of their other albums yet. Yeah, Mgla is great. Reminds me a lot of Dissection.

I also really like Kriegsmachine. The album they released last year is phenomenal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Assault Festival   Brutal Assault Festival I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brutal Assault Festival
Page 1 of 1