Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Lords of Chaos coming next month Empty
PostSubject: Lords of Chaos coming next month   Lords of Chaos coming next month I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 4:48 pm

Looks terrible.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Lords of Chaos coming next month   Lords of Chaos coming next month I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 5:27 pm

Yup, looks awful. Still wanna see it though.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lords of Chaos coming next month   Lords of Chaos coming next month I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 6:02 pm

Yeah, I'm still going to see it. I just wasn't expecting it to look like a teen drama.

-I might look like a typical teenager but I created the most legendary black metal band, Mayhem!

-You guys suck!
Mom, can you make her leave?

-I thought you were true Norwegian black metal.
I invented it.
Now you turn your back on it.

Get the fuck out. May as well have cast Michael Cera as Euronymous.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Lords of Chaos coming next month   Lords of Chaos coming next month I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 8:57 pm

Yeah, the trailer looks like they fucked it up and made it pretty cringey. Also, they clearly did their best to oversimplify the characters and make Euronymous look like the relatable kid just in over his head and Varg the monster. Sure, maybe the latter isn't a difficult stretch, but Euronymous was no angel either.

I guess it was "too risky" to make a movie about two unrelatable/kind of asshole characters trying to kill each other.

Will I watch it? Probably.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lords of Chaos coming next month   Lords of Chaos coming next month I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 9:08 pm

But that's what is so interesting about the black metal scene back then. There were no good guys. They were all scumbags. It should just be a dark and gritty crime movie. Something with the feel of a Cannibal Holocaust where you walk away thinking 'Man, I fucking hate people.' Also, it looks like they're combining members in the scene. Was that Euronymous stabbing the guy on the trail? Or Varg? Because that should be Faust, right? Or Jon from Dissection?
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Lords of Chaos coming next month   Lords of Chaos coming next month I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 10:54 pm

I cringe every time the actor who plays Varg opens his mouth in that trailer. I definitely think there is a way to make a really good, raw version of this story. They really messed up with the direction they're taking this movie in.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Lords of Chaos coming next month   Lords of Chaos coming next month I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 11:15 pm

Yes, it should be Faust. If you look at its imdb page, Faust is one of the characters in this. He's the only character from Emperor in this. For people in this, it's mainly just all of the guys from early Mayhem (including a lot of the early members that were only in Mayhem for 5 minutes), Varg, Snorre from Thorns (at least they kept him in), and Fenriz. Fenriz is way down the list of characters, though, so he's probably a minor part. No Attila, though.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lords of Chaos coming next month   Lords of Chaos coming next month I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:22 am

No Attila is weird since they're obviously covering De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. Unless they claim Dead killed himself after the album was finished... which is weird to people familiar with Mayhem but maybe makes sense to wider audiences.

Fenriz... how will he factor in? It looked like the Euronymous character was the one standing in the crowd infatuated by the band playing. When in reality that would have been Fenriz. Unless I just mistook Fenriz's actor for Rory.

Maybe Fenriz is just one of the lackies hanging out in the basement. Which, honestly, is how I think he actually factored into the whole scene. A fanboy that kind of outlived everyone to become the legend.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lords of Chaos coming next month   Lords of Chaos coming next month I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:23 am

I'll add that I don't mean that as a knock to Fenriz. He seems to be a cool guy and Darkthrone is legendary in their own right... but they really only come third in the scene behind Mayhem and Burzum as far as legend status goes.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Lords of Chaos coming next month   Lords of Chaos coming next month I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 2:50 am

Wait Atilla isn't in this? That's super weird.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Lords of Chaos coming next month   Lords of Chaos coming next month I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 3:44 pm

The scene with Varg joining Mayhem makes it appear like they would be covering something about De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, but maybe they make him join Mayhem a little earlier in the timeline. Maybe it's their excuse for why Varg stayed around and they probably say next to nothing about Burzum.

Then they probably just completely drop any focus on the music after Dead kills himself, and they'll just show a clusterfuck of infighting, the Faust Murder, church burnings, and then the murder of Euronymous. With Fenriz hanging around in the background.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lords of Chaos coming next month   Lords of Chaos coming next month I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 pm

Just finished watching the movie.

It was entertaining, actually. Some of the stuff they get right, some of it's not. My biggest complaint is how they depict Varg. And, surprisingly, they use Mayhem's music in the movie. Anyway, worth a watch. If you're a fan of Burzum good portions are kind of annoying, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lords of Chaos coming next month   Lords of Chaos coming next month I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lords of Chaos coming next month
Page 1 of 1