The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak? Empty
PostSubject: Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak?   Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:57 am

How do you get rid of the bodies?
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
possybending
VIP
possybending

Title : Inspecteur

Character sheet
Name: Possy
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak?   Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:46 pm

As long as they aren't the Return of the Living Dead zombies, relatively easy if officials act fast and people stay safely in their homes and don't do anything to increase the infected population.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak?   Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:13 pm

How do you get rid of the bodies, though? Reading World War Z... I'm just trying to assume things while recalling different movies. In Return of the Living Dead, the virus or whatever lives on after the zombie has been incapacitated. That means burial or burning is out of the question. They both lead to ground contamination that can cause more zombies. I guess you could incinerate the corpses... with no exhaust somehow... and then keep all the ashes locked in some type of vault praying no one ever opens it or it never rusts, etc... It seems pretty futile and that the whole thing would never end.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak?   Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:42 pm

you have way too much time on your hands
Back to top Go down
~Pure Insanity~

~Pure Insanity~

Title : twisted most of the time

PostSubject: Re: Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak?   Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:12 pm

lol no shit
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP
possybending

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak?   Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:17 pm

Like I said, it all depends of the zombies, which ultimately are relatively easy unless it's the Return of the Living Dead zombies, which wont happen because those zombies are so impossible to exist (impossible to kill without incineration, control of severed limbs, able to think/speak/plan, hunger for only brains, still can keep normal motion and look like a human perfectly). A part of one of these (outside the impossible to kill without incineration or the control of severed limbs) could happen, but not combined. If it were them though, humanity is fucked and the only safe-haven, Nukes, would still lead to continual outbreak, though luckily these zombies are impossible to exist for numerous reasons.

If it's the Quarantine "zombies" or the 28 Days Later infected, it's then not so easy as you'll not only have to kill former humans but animals as well, but as long as you Quarantine the area, block water supply, kill any flying wildlife and send numerous small but heavily armed groups to rescue any survivors with air support. Then, when it seems pointless to continue rescue efforts, nuke.

It's relatively easy with Romero's zombies (even the runners) because the infection (I believe it to be but it really is up to interpretation) stays to just humans and is only passed on through bites or contact with blood on wounds. Quaratine the area, send in armored vehicles with troops around them and take on the swarm as you rescue victims. Then, Nuke.

This is all very dependent of course to the level of the outbreak (and I'm considering Level 2 to Early Level 3 Outbreaks), but as long as it's not in the middle to later stages of a level 3 outbreak, it should be ok. If it reaches the Middle to Later stages of a Level 3 outbreak, or worst, a Level 4, it depends on the lucky government that not infected's access to Nuclear weaponry and how far along the outbreak is on a global level. Like said, if it's the Return of the Living Dead's Zombies, humanity is basically fucked, but otherwise, it just goes to the area infected and the nuclear capabilities of those un-infected.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak?   Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:19 am

Yeah... because it really takes more than a few seconds for a thought to pop in my head while I'm reading a book.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP
possybending

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak?   Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:43 am

Read the Official Zombie Survival guide, since you seem to have zombies on the mind.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak?   Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:43 am

I'm probably going to buy it when I get paid tomorrow. It's on my watched items on ebay.

That and Darkly Dreaming Dexter.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak?   Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:25 pm

Loxxikus wrote:
How do you get rid of the bodies?

If only Hitler were still alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak?   Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would it be possible to truly end a zombie outbreak?
Page 1 of 1