The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joey Jordison: Coke Fiend

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Joey Jordison:  Coke Fiend Empty
PostSubject: Joey Jordison: Coke Fiend   Joey Jordison:  Coke Fiend I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:26 am

In the next Kerrang! magazine, SLIPKNOT drummer Joey Jordison speaks frankly about his long-running, and very private, battle with drug addiction for the first time.

"I realized I had a problem with narcotics when I realized that I wasn't just hurting myself, I was hurting the people around me," Jordison told Kerrang! "I had a real moment of clarity last year. My girlfriend at the time, a girl who I thought I was gonna be with forever, cheated on me and I went on a three-week coke binge. I actually wrote some of the riffs for the new album ['All Hope Is Gone'] around that time, which is the only good thing to come out of it. But I just wasn't having fun anymore and my family knew it.

"My sister, Annie, kept trying to call me but I didn't want to speak to anyone. The phone was off the hook," he continued. "I didn't answer my door, the lights were off, and I was just fucking ragingly pissed off all the time. So she sent me a picture of my nephew. He was trying to play drums and he was wearing one of my old masks. And so I called her and she put him on the phone and he said 'I love you, uncle Joey,' and I was like 'Fuck it, I'm done. This is fucking stupid.' I realized I was basically fucking dying. It took that to make me realize what was really important in my life and that I'd done a lot of mean things to people."

Jordison also told Kerrang! that he's already bought his own grave.

"It's over down on Second Avenue [in SLIPKNOT's home town of Des Moines, Iowa]," he said. "That's what being in SLIPKNOT does to you."
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: Joey Jordison: Coke Fiend   Joey Jordison:  Coke Fiend I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:16 am

Its always good to admit that you have a problem. Congrats go to Joey for getting clean.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: Joey Jordison: Coke Fiend   Joey Jordison:  Coke Fiend I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:51 am

Good for him ^_^
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: Joey Jordison: Coke Fiend   Joey Jordison:  Coke Fiend I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:44 pm

maybe that's why he's such a crappy drummer
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Joey Jordison: Coke Fiend   Joey Jordison:  Coke Fiend I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Cghost wrote:
maybe that's why he's such a crappy drummer

Because he's straight or because he was on coke?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Joey Jordison: Coke Fiend   Joey Jordison:  Coke Fiend I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:22 pm

Nothing crappy about his drumming. What he does, he does well.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joey Jordison: Coke Fiend   Joey Jordison:  Coke Fiend I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joey Jordison: Coke Fiend
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: