The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IGN banned me again for something

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

IGN banned me again for something Empty
PostSubject: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:50 pm

I honestly have no idea what the fuck for. The first time was within the last year, I forget when though, and it was for using a homophobic slur or just otherwise swearing I think. I think it was in like the Community Thread or The Vestibule--you know, some place where it's commonplace and mostly accepted except for when some self-righteous mod with a fucked sense of priority and authority feels the need to swing his e-gavel.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:19 am

I'd bet the reason they give is for trolling in the Chuck thread.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:55 am

Yeah my bet is on the chuck thread. Seeing as Madchad probably likes Death he'd most likely see it.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:39 am

How can you get banned for trolling a thread that's spam in the first place, when you're pointing out that's it's spam and shouldn't exist? Also, why wouldn't AbnormalFreak be banned for his more extensive trolling, or Respawned himself for instigating the whole thing? There's dozens of more threads every month of even sillier topics with worse users saying worse, more inflammatory and off-topic things. I've always said enough things saying that madchad was cool and fair enough.

The ONLY way that I was banned for that thread that would make sense to me would be if Respawned's bitch ass, or somebody on his behalf (whatever insane individual that may be), actually reported me. No matter what though, if that's really the case, IGN and the mod that felt like doing something can fuck off for their inconsistent and arbitrary favoritism and definition/enforcement of their own rules.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:47 am

Also, Loxx, when you said this:

To the posts about these threads being pointless... I generally only contribute to threads about Jon Nödtveidt.

/pointless post

was that you being ironic, or making some sort of joke? Cuz whatever it was you were saying, it went just completely over my head. And yes I know who Jon is before you start there.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 am

It's so awesome that Jon Nodtveidt died.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:57 am

I thought it was both ironic and a joke. I was just pointing out that I usually only post in threads about him. And that was just a useless post to make because it was unnecessary of me to say.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:38 pm

It's a general practice on most Metal forums I've been to to create a thread saying "RIP *insert musician here* when the day of their death comes around. The IGN Metal board is the first place I've seen where most people complained that it was spam.

As for if that had to do with roughdraft's banning, I can't say. None of his posts have been edited in there, so I have a feeling it's not why he got banned. I can't imagine why you'd get banned though roughdraft; I think you're a good poster Not Talking
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:57 pm

I've been banned plenty of times with no edits to my posts.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Maybe, but until roughdraft gets a response to his unban request, we won't be able to know for sure. If it turns out that's what his ban is for though, then that would be lame
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:14 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
I thought it was both ironic and a joke. I was just pointing out that I usually only post in threads about him. And that was just a useless post to make because it was unnecessary of me to say.
But not only is that pointless, it's also untrue. So I still don't understand the irony/humor of it.

X-pert74 wrote:
It's a general practice on most Metal forums I've been to to create a thread saying "RIP *insert musician here* when the day of their death comes around. The IGN Metal board is the first place I've seen where most people complained that it was spam.

As for if that had to do with roughdraft's banning, I can't say. None of his posts have been edited in there, so I have a feeling it's not why he got banned. I can't imagine why you'd get banned though roughdraft; I think you're a good poster Not Talking

It's news when it happens, it's annoying clutter when you just remind people of something that happened before with nothing else actually happening.

X-pert74 wrote:
Maybe, but until roughdraft gets a response to his unban request, we won't be able to know for sure. If it turns out that's what his ban is for though, then that would be lame

Still banned, and still no response to my unban request. This is silly. I was honestly trying to make the boards a better place by saying how stupid that thread was to ever come into existence. Even people not commenting on the validity of my complaints had nothing of value to say, just as I had described. The ridiculous part is that not only were none of my posts edited, nor those belonging to any other users', but no mod ever posted a single thing in the thread itself--about anything. And it's obviously just turned into a shitpile of a thread since, and it's still not locked. Not only that, but Abnormal's posts were more inflammatory, and he then continued to make that spam thread mocking the original, which then was locked, but he himself still isn't banned. Not that I want him to be banned, but if my posts in the Chuck thread really are the reason I was banned, that's fucking ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:27 pm

How is it untrue?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:44 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
How is it untrue?
First of all, how often are there Jon Notgonnalookhowtospellhisname threads? Not terribly often. And you're not the biggest spammer, sure, but you're a pretty prevalent poster. Therefore, how could you possibly "only contribute to threads about Jon" ?

Yeah, I still don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:46 pm

To the RIP *insert musician here* threads.

I assumed that was implied.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:00 am

Never picked up on that...and now that you've clarified everything, I still don't see any irony or humor lol. Except that you made me laugh for putting me through that many hoops to figure out what the fuck it was you were talking about to still not have anything at the end of the tunnel.

lol
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 2:49 am

It was for trolling, and it was 24 hours (though it obviously turned into more than that, because it's IGN). I don't know if it was madchad, but the one who e-mailed me back signed something other than 'madchad' so I don't know, even if that does mean anything. If it somehow was madchad, then that'd be extra fucking ridiculous since now ANOTHER spam mock-thread is on the front page, and includes a post/edit by madchad, but no warnings or locks on the thread.

As long as I hear nothing else about it, I'm over it. If info comes my way about it again I'll probably get annoyed again. But otherwise it doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:30 am

That's just the mod that unbanned you or replied to your request. They're not usually the ones that actually ban you.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:52 am

Yeah, I don't have much experience with getting banned and all.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:20 pm

Then you haven't lived.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IGN banned me again for something   IGN banned me again for something I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IGN banned me again for something
Page 1 of 1