The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just a thread for myself... don't mind me...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Just a thread for myself... don't mind me... Empty
PostSubject: Just a thread for myself... don't mind me...   Just a thread for myself... don't mind me... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:06 pm

Alureon is a trojan and rootkit which is designed to steal data by intercepting a system's network traffic and searching it for usernames, passwords and credit card data. Microsoft has confirmed that Alureon is the cause of a series of Blue Screen of Death problems on Microsoft Windows systems which were triggered by Patch Tuesday update MS10-015. Microsoft will not install the patch on these systems. The Alureon rootkit was first seen in 2006. PCs usually get infected by manually downloading files, but it has been seen bundled with Internet Security 2010 as a drive by download. When the dropper is executed, it first hijacks spoolsv.exe to write a filesystem at the end of the disk, then it infects low level drivers such as atapi.sys. Alureon has also been known to redirect search engines to commit click fraud.

In November 2010, the press reported that the rootkit has evolved to the point that it is able to bypass the driver signing requirement of 64-bit editions of Windows 7 by subverting the master boot record.

Just some info I'm going to need in class tomorrow... and Office won't let me do anything.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Just a thread for myself... don't mind me...   Just a thread for myself... don't mind me... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:14 am

Sounds like a personal problem.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Just a thread for myself... don't mind me...   Just a thread for myself... don't mind me... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:01 am

yay homework
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a thread for myself... don't mind me...   Just a thread for myself... don't mind me... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a thread for myself... don't mind me...
Page 1 of 1