The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Definitive Guide to what I do.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

Definitive Guide to what I do. Empty
PostSubject: Definitive Guide to what I do.   Definitive Guide to what I do. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:20 pm

Loxx wanted an explanation of what I do, and so here it is.

I work at Callaway Golf in the embroidery department. We digitize logos and names to put on golf bags, hats, and towels. We've also now branched out to doing shirts.

Sales reps send us logos which we send off to get digitized. They used to digitize the files there but now they don't. I don't know why, maybe an increased volume of logos. The artwork is converted into dst files. DST files are files that the sewing machines can read that have the programmed design on them. I check the files for errors. Also we have proof sheets that show the colors of the logo, what order it's sewn in, and what the logo looks like. DST files have no color information so the machine operators need a proof sheet to know what colors and what order to put them in for the logo to appear correctly. I also correct the proof sheets and pick colors for the logos (sometimes the logos that come back don't have good colors.)

If the logo is already in the system I build the proof sheet myself. This involves putting the DST in an embroidery program assigning the colors to the logo (which are based off the thread colors we have in stock) and I take a screenshot of the logo and paste it into excel and do this for all the different color bags. There are 3 types of colors we do. We do matching artwork so the logo will look how the artwork looks. Another request is match accents, so we match the colors of the bag and assign them to the logo. The third doesn't happen much but it's tone on tone and yeah just matching the material color.

So when that's all said and done we put these logos on the server, we have a program that assigns them a number so we give the number to the rep. When the rep releases the order they put the number on it so when we output the logo we know what logo to use.

We make names there too, which I've done some of. Don't know if you ever saw that thing I posted on facebook where I did Harry Connick Jr.'s name on his golf bag and it was on Ellen! OMG!

But yeah that's what I do. tl;dr for some of you probably. Tongue
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Guide to what I do.   Definitive Guide to what I do. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:29 pm

iiiiiiiiiiiii read it.

the oprah thing is way cool.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Guide to what I do.   Definitive Guide to what I do. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:32 pm

IAmHeavenSent wrote:
iiiiiiiiiiiii read it.

yay!

IAmHeavenSent wrote:
the oprah thing is way cool.

Raised Brow
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Guide to what I do.   Definitive Guide to what I do. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:39 pm

lmao that is hilarious. i don't even know how i did that. for one thing, ellen is WAY COOLER than oprah. for another, i really DID read it.

fuh-give me?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Guide to what I do.   Definitive Guide to what I do. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:50 pm

I normally don't forgive so easily but I'll give you a pass this time.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Guide to what I do.   Definitive Guide to what I do. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:27 pm

i'll be forever grateful... and of course, now i owe you!
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Guide to what I do.   Definitive Guide to what I do. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:37 pm

sounds like a cool gig.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Guide to what I do.   Definitive Guide to what I do. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:49 am

I park cars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Guide to what I do.   Definitive Guide to what I do. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Definitive Guide to what I do.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: