The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any car audio experts (clint?) ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

Any car audio experts (clint?) ? Empty
PostSubject: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:45 am

So my car's 10 year old stock speakers sound like they are shot. I'd like to get some new speakers.

I want to know how to tell I'm getting the right kind (like are there one size fits all or something?) I've got the kind of speakers that are split up, like the one on the lower part of the door and a small one on the upper part.

But once I get them where is a good place to have them installed? Fry's maybe? Best Buy?
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

if you put in year/make/model and shit, it will tell you what you can use. sometimes they have outrageous prices, but sometimes you can get awesome deals--I bought my pioneer car stereo from them about 2 years ago at a good price.

no idea what to suggest as far as installation goes. my friend used to work at an audio store back home so he installed my stereo for me =)
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:55 am

Yeah I'm looking on amazon. I probably won't buy from Crutchfield but I'll check out the guidance dongle that's on there.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:07 am

yeah, that is what i initially did, positive i'd find better deals elsewhere. it just happened to work out that they had a really good deal on what i wanted.

glad i could semi-kinda-sorta help. =)
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:32 am

Doing a google search on it maybe I just won't do anything. Looks like a complicated process, at least for my car. Tongue
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:36 am

awww that is sad =(
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 7:19 am

Those are called, "component" speakers.

Doesn't matter a ton where you get them installed. Just research which ones you think are best for your budget and that fit into your compartments and find the place that has the best shelf price/installation cost combo. Lots of places are pretty competitive and offer free installs, "on most cars," but I doubt a 2000's Audi (I think that's what you drive) is anything particularly difficult. Just avoid a place that actually has any sort of reputation for shoddy installs, obviously.

And it's been a long time since I've paid attention to car audio, since it's been a long time since I've driven a car that needed aftermarket speakers Tongue So I can't tell you a whole lot on what's good these days. I'm assuming you just want some replacement speakers and don't want a "system," so things like subwoofers, crossovers and capacitors aren't things you're interested in. If that's the case, and if everything's the same since I was just out of high school, then Pioneer, Alpine, Boston Acoustics, and Diamond are good especially for the price. Stay away from Infinity, Sony, Lightning and especially "house brands". Sometimes just going with what the installer recommends is a good choice if you don't feel like doing lots of research/work.

There's also a chance that your wiring, connection or power supply are the problem, and not the speakers themselves. If you want to upgrade anyway, all those things should be checked. There's also a chance that all those things are fine but the installer will want to sell you on one or more of those things too, so that just goes back to making sure the place isn't sheisty.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:27 am

Well someone told me I'm missing a wire in the back so my back speakers don't work. I think if I got new speakers I could possibly get that wire. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Also from what I'm reading I'll need multiple amps and they'll need to rewire the car if I get a new system or something because the radio is tied in with the ignition and all this stuff.

Basically I haven't gotten a professional opinion yet. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:47 pm

If I had the money to fix my car up, I'd want to get one too. I know nothing of these things, either.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:56 pm

So now that Clint is around... ? Mischief
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:15 pm

You need a wire diagram. I'm a little burnt out from the workday but it sounds like the wiring in that car is complicated.

Speaker sizes here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:35 pm

I think I have 6.5 door speakers, 1 inch tweeters and 5.25 in the back.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:58 pm

All those sizes pretty mainstream and easy to find.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:00 am

I know. I put them on my wishlist on Amazon. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:29 am

Wishlists don't get shit done.

Unless you're an attention whore or something.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:48 pm

So I finally got some new speakers in. I did enough research to find out I needed 4 in the front and 1 inch tweeters and 6.5s in the back.

Went to Best Buy and the guy on Saturday couldn't put them in said I needed 200 dollars to do an amp bypass plus the additional cost to put the speakers in. Well the guy working today said I didn't need to do that so he put them in no problem. :p

Haven't heard them yet though since I was at work and gave my dad my car.

Loxx O))) wrote:
Wishlists don't get shit done.

Unless you're an attention whore or something.

I use my wishlist to help keep a list of things I want. I don't expect people to buy me things off it. It's just a list that I use to buy stuff off of at a later date.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:34 am

Cool beans
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any car audio experts (clint?) ?   Any car audio experts (clint?) ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any car audio experts (clint?) ?
Page 1 of 1