The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who buys this shit? Who thinks this is even art?

Go down 
+5
jeffnogo
Electroretard
IAmHeavenSent
tuggernuts
After_The_Barrel_Roll
9 posters
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

Who buys this shit?  Who thinks this is even art? Empty
PostSubject: Who buys this shit? Who thinks this is even art?   Who buys this shit?  Who thinks this is even art? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipsters have ruined everything
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Who buys this shit? Who thinks this is even art?   Who buys this shit?  Who thinks this is even art? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:45 pm

I don't get it? People really pay that much for retarded looking shit?
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Who buys this shit? Who thinks this is even art?   Who buys this shit?  Who thinks this is even art? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:27 pm

i certainly don't "get" art.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Who buys this shit? Who thinks this is even art?   Who buys this shit?  Who thinks this is even art? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:14 am

wut
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Who buys this shit? Who thinks this is even art?   Who buys this shit?  Who thinks this is even art? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:18 am

Shit like this and most other modern art I hate.

I heard someone recently describe modern art in an ingenious way. He said it's all a huge The Emperor's New Clothes sham. Some people go on about how genius it is, for whatever questionable reason, and so everyone else convinces themselves that maybe they just don't see it because they're stupid or don't understand art. They then feel the need to lie to themselves and everyone else about how great this shit is, because if they don't they fear people will think they're stupid.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Who buys this shit? Who thinks this is even art?   Who buys this shit?  Who thinks this is even art? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 2:45 am

I'm all for their original demonstration of buying every single item in a store, no matter whether it was for the purpose of "saving" a store in financial trouble or just being goofballs wasting a bunch of money. I doubt that one month's worth of sales in a day is actually going to save any struggling bodega for a long period of time, and I also like the latter reason better, but whatever.

But yeah...actually just throwing the items into a gallery and then calling it art is 10x more stupid than any batbrained shitting on a flag while shaving your own head piece of shit performance art or any bullshit conjuration that Andy Warhol's faggot ass ever did. Then when you add in the fact that this is a shared "piece" where they actually brainstormed on it and also named one of the artists as "creative director", then scoured for a specific location (and one that was actually far enough away that they had to fly to it), and to top it all off, are flipping a coke can upside down, giving it a name, and trying to sell it for hundreds of dollars. These idiots need to get a fucking job or develop severe heroin addictions.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Who buys this shit? Who thinks this is even art?   Who buys this shit?  Who thinks this is even art? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:58 am

P. T. Barnum would have been proud
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

PostSubject: Re: Who buys this shit? Who thinks this is even art?   Who buys this shit?  Who thinks this is even art? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:48 pm

I got a box of Camel filters right now but the box is all gay. Marlboro at least has kept their original box over these years.

I wouldn't pay that much for that stuff especially since the Bic and Marb's still look the same now.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: Who buys this shit? Who thinks this is even art?   Who buys this shit?  Who thinks this is even art? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:28 am

It's not my thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who buys this shit? Who thinks this is even art?   Who buys this shit?  Who thinks this is even art? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who buys this shit? Who thinks this is even art?
Page 1 of 1