The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gotta move AGAIN

Go down 
+7
Electroretard
X-pert74
GROCERIES
Hollow_Viscus
jeffnogo
tuggernuts
roughdraft_zero
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:30 pm

I like the first one better, as well. I'd totally live there.

I'm so happy I don't live somewhere that expensive--and I was bitching about my rent going up to $475 a month!!!
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:24 am

If I were in San Francisco, a place near-identical to that would probably be like $2,400/month, and the Bay Area (maybe not San Francisco specifically) is where I want to be eventually.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:46 am

gooooosh. i have a feeling that when i finally get the fuck out of MS, affordable living might be the only thing i miss.

i have a looooot of room in a 2-bedroom townhouse for $475/month.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:13 am

You basically pay for the weather and view here.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:50 am

Im still setting in to my place. Just got my net but still gotta get the directv up, plus need a television stand, a couch, and a office/computer desk.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:07 am

Can't fucking sleep. Not really tired in the first place, then I'm also just laying in bed for an hour contemplating new furniture to get and how to arrange it in that apartment lol. I'm definitely turning in an application for it today.

Not entirely sure if I'll qualify, though. I know most places, whether they tell you or not, require that you make between two and a half to three times the rent. This place doesn't tell you, or at least they haven't told me yet, so I'm not all that sure on what they're going to require. If it's the 3x the rent bracket, I actually would probably qualify, just barely, but the problem there is that approximately two-fifths of my wages are taken home as cash tips. I only make $9/hour on paper, and I don't know if they'd accept me from just telling them that I also get tips, even though I could also prove that I take home tips (either by them checking with my boss or bringing in a bank statement showing that I regularly make two cash deposits per month). Hopefully my awesome credit score and tenant history count for a lot with them though...maybe even like other complexes where they have move-in specials or can lower the deposit if you look good on paper. This is a smaller, local property management company though, so I kinda doubt they do shit like that. They certainly haven't advertised anything like that that I know of.

Clinton70 wrote:
Im still setting in to my place. Just got my net but still gotta get the directv up, plus need a television stand, a couch, and a office/computer desk.

Right dere witchoo purty soon.

I, for the most part, only have bedroom stuff and a few kitchen things. Basically my entire living room needs to be invented still except for my stereo setup. Hoping to find a good deal on a new tv and couch then shop thrift stores for a dining room table and coffee table and other odds and ends. There's a chance that I'll think money's too tight and pass on the tv altogether though, at least to start. Though there's this box store called RC Willey (don't know if anybody else has heard of them) that my friends have shopped at and they say they have an awesome setup for getting a new place and furnishing it. They have a cool selection and wide range (in terms of styles as well as prices) of furniture and also electronics, including even a clearance room, and if you set up a credit card through them they have zero percent financing on your first purchase for 6 to 12 months, depending on how much you buy and what they qualify your credit as. If I could pull off a new couch and tv for $1500ish or less combined, but also pay it off over the course of a year without paying any interest, I'd be fucking stoked. They do free delivery, too.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:47 pm

Just...got...

approved. Move-in day is the 30th. I give them my deposit check on Monday.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:58 pm

Awesome dude.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:22 pm

Cool beans man.

Went to the thrift stores today to look for furniture. Cool retro stuff but concerned if the shit has bed bugs or whatnot. Wasn't in a buying mood anyway. Couple days or so, I'll go with a better mood and bottle of fantastik/paper towels or something lol.

Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Yeah, I'm the same for both bugs as well as cushions being worn and being uncomfortable and not having a long enough life. But furniture with no cloth and that I don't plan to SIT ON is great to get second hand I think. A weathered as fuck but still sturdy dining room table can be an awesome thing. Got lots of time to look now that I know everything is all in order.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm talkin bout wood furniture. Sofa's are almost a no for me unless i can suck the hell of it with my shop vac before leaving the store. Deals on couches here didn't seem that good though. One place did have a "new" (not sure if they is lyin') pluuuuush leather couch for $550. wtf?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:38 pm

yuuuuuup.

i no likes lethah. slippery, not too comfortable, cold when it's cold, hot when it's hot. gimme cloth all day. except for microfiber. shit sucks so bad. hate it worse than leather.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:46 pm

I like my parents couch, I think it's curdoroy. Would fit better than leather in my 81 year old house. I'm trying to keep the house old fashioned (besides the modern shit like updated plumbing, electric, furnace/AC, high def tv) to remind me of my old ass house I grew up in.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:10 pm

i still need to pick up my love seat from Grenada. I don't really like it (except that it is FREE). it's some fake leather stuff. I. Just. Don't. Like. It.

Congrats, R_Z!!! That is exciting!
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:29 pm

Signed the lease and turned in my deposit today.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:16 pm

I loved my microfiber couch. It was comfortable as fuck, but I had to sell it for almost nothing about a week ago.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:21 pm

I seriously wouldn't take even a brand new microfiber couch for free for any other reason than to sell it. They're so god damn uncomfortable. Feel like cheap pajamas lol.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Maybe you only have experience with cheap microfiber.

As for moving. Finally finished it yesterday. I was up for about 23 hours straight packing and cleaning my apartment before I finally just said "fuck it, good enough" and left.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Starting packing today. Probably could/should have earlier, but was pretty busy with fun stuff over the weekend and really, don't have a ton of things. DVDs and CDs and records, a small closet's worth of clothes (the clothes in my dresser drawers can just stay in the drawers and I'll take the drawers themselves out of the dresser then put 'em back in after movin the dresser itself nawmean), like a third of a kitchen, my desk chair and desk that comes apart into two pieces, my stereo...not much else. At least not any other big stuff. Don't have any couches/tables, so yeah I gotta get that stuff but at least it makes the move easy. I gave my mattress away yesterday, so yeah also have to get one of those. Sucks that I'm tryin to get one now, a week before Labor Day weekend which is likely to have lots of good sales, but the places I'm most likely to end up gettin one from has I think like a 3-month price guarantee, so if whatever I get does go on sale I think I can get it price-matched.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotta move AGAIN   Gotta move AGAIN - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gotta move AGAIN
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: