The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm such a hoarder

Go down 
+3
Green_shoes
jeffnogo
Abnormal Freak
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:51 am

I'm trying to get rid of a bunch of CDs I haven't touched in years, and I picked out quite a lot of 'em—had maybe 150 or something. Well, over the past couple days, I've thought about my decisions some more, and I've one by one picked the box down to a little under 50, ha. I'm pathetic.

I don't know why I wanna hold on to so many. I never listen to 'em, and I could always just play the files on my pyooter or iPood if I so choose, but for some reason I just can't bear to part with them. I suppose it's 'cos I once was fond of 'em, and I still think the music's good, just not something I've been interested to listen to. "But that could change," I think. Pah!

All I know is, considering how feckin' weird I am with getting rid of stuff, I'm not gonna bring in as much. I don't need a bunch of stuff cluttering space, and all that money going toward something that goes largely unused or being the "flavor of the day" (that is, my taste of the moment, not necessarily what's popular).

Another thing is knowing I'd likely only get about two bucks per CD, and I paid a lot more and took good care of 'em. I guess the condition of the items and knowing I wouldn't get much back kind of makes me cling to them. They are MIIIIIINE.

Anyone else here a faggot-retarded hoarder like I am?
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:32 am

Yeah, I'm a major hoarder when it comes to CDs and sort of with DVDs.

Most of the CDs I have that I really don't care for are gifts, and I just can't bring myself to sell CDs that are gifts for some reason.

Lots of albums that I don't listen to are things that I used to really like but not anymore (e.g. old CoF), and I still feel a connection to them even though I'd be surprised if I ever listen to them again.

There's only one CD I would happily sell but just haven't bothered to, my one Arch Enemy album. Fuck that album.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:35 am

Now that I'm working I find that I buy far too much. I've been buying cds constantly and I barely listen to most of them more than once and then I forget that I even own them.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:37 am

I guess that nostalgia I guess ya'd call it of remembering when you were really into an album is another big thing that keeps me from selling. But man, I feel that with almost everything I bought—there aren't a whole lot of albums I've picked up that I either didn't like at all or didn't like for at least a few months.

Ugh, I gotta go with my gut and just get rid of (most of) the things I don't absolutely love. There's no sense in keeping hold of the rest, considering the stuff I love love love I don't even make enough time for. Fuuuuudge. I can't back down. Gotta just pick out the excess that I likely won't ever even look at again and stick with what I know I like a lot.

Trouble is, that eliminates a whole ton of metal from my collection (probably the majority of it) since I haven't been too into it for a few years. I always worry that I'll get rid of it all, and then one day I get really into the genre again and yearn to have those CDs. It's a tough call.

I've also got this problem of selling something that I guess you'd say is part of a set. Like my KMFDM CDs, which are pretty uniform in design. I have one I dislike, but it feels weird to sell that one 'cos then I have all the albums up to and including WWIII except the one just before it, so there's that gap there. Just feels naked somehow. I hate that feeling.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:04 am

Yeah, I have that issue as well with sets. I can't see myself getting rid of the "shitty album" from bands that I have everything from. I'm too much of a completist.

I can sometimes avoid buying it initially, if I'm fully convinced it is shitty before I get it, but even then I have an urge to just say "fuck it" and get it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:22 am

I've been trimming down my stuff actually. I've gotten games on steam and then sold off my Xbox version. I have some CDs I could get rid of but haven't put much thought into that yet. I've gotten rid of CDs in the past but regretted it because later I liked it and wanted to listen to it. :p
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:02 pm

Yes, movies, games, music, books to a lesser degree. I figure the endgame is whenever I'm finally settled they can fill up the walls of some basement rec room or something. Until then I'll put up with the pain in the ass of having to move them all every few years or so

The only trimming I've ever done is picking out the DVDs in my collection that I didn't care for (mostly cheap blind buys) and giving them away.

Last edited by jthefrank on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:04 pm

...also I'm pretty sure its just a part of my psyche. As a young kid I hoarded sports cards. And I still have ever video game magazine I've ever owned
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:34 am

I used to hoard stuff but am now the complete opposite. I do have 3 cars but besides that, not a lot of anything.

I do need to sell my CDs and some games (not on virtual console) from years past. I don't touch them anymore.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:49 am

What games are you considering selling, Clint? I do prefer owning cartridges so I may wanna buy some NES, SNES, or Genesis stuff off you if that's what you want to sell.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm going back and forth between selling my Nile albums or not. Aaaarrrrggghhhh...
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:51 pm

I'll have to get up a list. Probably only half a dozen games, and about a dozen dvd's.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:25 am

List them right now gad damn it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm such a hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm such a hoarder   I'm such a hoarder I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm such a hoarder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: