The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bought a bike today

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

Bought a bike today Empty
PostSubject: Bought a bike today   Bought a bike today I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Craigslist was getting so tiring, finding something that looked mildly feasible and then calling or meeting up always proved to be a disaster; you know, finding out the "real story" about the bike (included different parts, wasn't actually being sold as complete, more busted up than advertised, shady person in general, etc.). Then started to look at shops, saying maybe buying new is necessary since the used market's so terrible right now. But for as crappy as the used bikes I was looking at were, the new ones were yeah, new, but of course way out of my price range and for things that weren't even close to worth it. I had a little shimmer of hope finding some places that were selling closeout models from a year or two back, but finding something in the right size, style and sizeable enough discount was never even close. I thought the search was going to be endless, but I got pretty lucky today. Found a place that had more than a few bikes with good components, solid frames, true tires, and at a good price. So I finally went for it. I suppose if I had continued the search, I may have found something better and/or cheaper, but I was getting pretty sick of looking and just wanted to get on the road, and this thing is in perfect road-ready condition out the door and priced very fair. There's definitely some work I want to do with it, but at least there's nothing that I have to do immediately and I can just finally fucking get out there.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Bought a bike today   Bought a bike today I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:58 pm

I got a new bike two weeks ago. Luckily I have a friend who builds them out of parts he gets in his spare time. Got a really good road bike for only 90 bucks.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Bought a bike today   Bought a bike today I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:19 pm

My friend who builds and flips bikes went with me. He originally said he wanted to build one for me, but he's strapped for cash, has a three year-old and another on the way, and is recovering from open heart surgery lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bought a bike today   Bought a bike today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bought a bike today
Page 1 of 1