The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

concerning death

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

concerning death Empty
PostSubject: concerning death   concerning death I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:08 pm

If pondering this question, it is only worthwhile if one is thinking of someone they genuinely love and care about. When it comes to chosen person's death, would you prefer:
a) to know in advance [doctor tells you that the person has x weeks or y months left to live] or
b) to have it come as a surprise--sounds too up-beat--or shock [one day he/she is with you, the next day he/she is not]?

just something that's been on my mind.
Back to top Go down
Dead on Arrival

Dead on Arrival

Character sheet
Name: Aerynn

concerning death Empty
PostSubject: Re: concerning death   concerning death I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:32 pm

I would like to know in advance.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

concerning death Empty
PostSubject: Re: concerning death   concerning death I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:42 pm

Knowing things like that in advance kind of defeats the purpose of living and being human.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Dead on Arrival

Dead on Arrival

Character sheet
Name: Aerynn

concerning death Empty
PostSubject: Re: concerning death   concerning death I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 6:44 pm

If someone I loved and cared about was going to die, and the doctors knew it, I would like to know about it. I would want to get everything that he/she wants to do, done, and try to make them happy. I would be very upset either way just because someone I cared about died, but I don't think it would be as bad if I knew ahead of time. That way I could prepare myself.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

concerning death Empty
PostSubject: Re: concerning death   concerning death I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:02 am

personally, i've not come up with my own answer. at first, i thought it would be easier to know in advance, but then EVERY time i was with that person i'd likely be thinking "oh my gosh, i only have _____ left with them. i can't lose them. i don't know what i will do without them"

on the flip-side, while my mom was in pain and in a bit of a weakened state her last week or so of life, i had gotten past my fear of her death (with encouragement from doctors) and enjoyed, laughed, loved, joked with my mom even the day she died... if i'd have known she was going to die that weekend, i'd have been crying and upset the whole time and wasted my last hours with her....

this is probably one of those lose-lose situations (actually, i know it is because you lose somone)... but it doesn't have a 'right' answer.

that's why i just wondered how everyone else felt.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

concerning death Empty
PostSubject: Re: concerning death   concerning death I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:40 am

A surprise/shock. Whoever i fall in love with i would spend each day with them and treat everyday like our last together. Knowing in advance would make the time from that day to the day of their death a struggle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

concerning death Empty
PostSubject: Re: concerning death   concerning death I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

concerning death
Page 1 of 1