The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Mindless Self Indulgence concert

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

The Mindless Self Indulgence concert Empty
PostSubject: The Mindless Self Indulgence concert   The Mindless Self Indulgence concert I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:31 am

Going into it, I didn't care too much. MSI was a band that I wasn't crazy about and got tired of very easily. Still, I went to the concert.

The first band, Dearest Azazel [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], was alright. Nothing special. They were decent showmen and were entertaining. This is the point where I have to say that usually when I go to a concert I just stand and watch. Some times I'll get into a mosh pit. So at this point in the show I was standing off to one side just watching things. Nothing spectacular here.

Then Die So Fluid [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] came out. At first just the guitarist was on stage and he was playing something that was actually kind of interesting. I thought it would be promising. Wrong. Fucking horrible. Honestly, I kept thinking I'd rather die than sit and listen to that crap. And that bitch of a singer... She could hold a note... too bad she always held it perfectly out of tune. Also, she was a little prima donna apparently because she didn't do her own mic sound check (she also stood backstage while she did the sound check on her bass) so her mic was unbearably loud the whole time. I hate this band with a passion. I hope they break up soon.

Finally, it was time to wait for MSI. I managed to squeeze myself into the pit before they came out. Let me tell you, I have never seen a pit as crazy as this one. Before the first song ended I was trying to get the hell away from it. For a few songs, the pit was surging pushing people in the front, myself included, forward them pulling us back. Thankfully, that shit died down for the most part. These guys, though, are amazing live. Listening to their cds it's not all that impressive and doesn't really hold my attention, but it all sounded great live. They were all very charismatic and full of energy. Like I said, I'm usually one of the people that just stands there. This is the first concert where I've been one of those actively screaming the lyrics to the songs, throwing my hand in the air, and trying to reach out for the band. They were just incredible. People drool over LynZ and let me just say that pictures and videos don't do her justice. She is just amazingly drop dead gorgeous in person. I also didn't know she had a tattoo on her thigh... Speaking of LynZ, before "Never Wanted To Dance" I looked over to her side of the stage. She pulled her hair out of her face and locked gazes with me. At concerts I always see the band finding members of the audience and doing that, but it had never happened to me until then. It had to have lasted like 20-30 seconds while Jimmy was introducing the song. And yeah, as amazing as she was, most of my attention was on Jimmy. The guy is crazy likable on stage. Most of the time I was just trying to follow what he was doing. During one part he got these two fat girls up on stage and said "See what anorexia gets you? Nothing." The two girls proceeded to make out while on stage. There were really too many high points of Jimmy's stage antics to go into them all. The set list mainly consisted of You'll Rebel To Anything and If. I was a bit disappointed they didn't play "Pantyshot". Really though, amazing set and amazing performance. I will definitely see those guys again live. That performance made me an MSI fan.

After the show most of the people left, which surprised me. Jimmy came out on the stage again. He shook my hand, gave me a hug, and autographed some stuff for me. Steve Righ? disappeared right after the performance, but I got to speak to him briefly then. The drummer came out, don't know her name, but she overlooked a lot of people and only signed for a small group of people. LynZ was nowhere in sight. As I was leaving, Steve Righ? walked back through the doors of the venue and I stopped him. "Hey Steve, will you sign some stuff for me?" "Sure, man." He mentioned something about the show and I said "Yeah, it was my first MSI show." "Oh really? It would have been better if it wasn't so fucking hot."

True that. It was hot as fuck in that place. I felt like I was suffocating at the beginning of their set in the pit. For the little bit that I talked to Steve, he seemed like a really cool guy. Jimmy was pretty cool as well.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: The Mindless Self Indulgence concert   The Mindless Self Indulgence concert I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:17 am

I don't know which board to respond at Tongue I guess I'll respond here, since I've already started typing here. Or maybe I'll copy this post and paste it over at the Metal board Mischief]:

Anyways, that sounds really cool. I like how the fat girls made out Tongue
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Mindless Self Indulgence concert   The Mindless Self Indulgence concert I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:22 am

Also... when Jimmy was out after the show there was something that I thought was funny.

Girl: Jimmy can I have your tie?
Jimmy: No. Ask me again.
Girl: Can I have your tie?
Jimmy: No. *walks away*

I guess it's one of those "had to be there" kind of things.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Mindless Self Indulgence concert   The Mindless Self Indulgence concert I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Honestly, I'm in love with this band now...
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: The Mindless Self Indulgence concert   The Mindless Self Indulgence concert I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:48 pm

MSI's stuff is crazy and great.
Back to top Go down
TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne

Character sheet
Name: Cid
Experience Points: 0/100

PostSubject: Re: The Mindless Self Indulgence concert   The Mindless Self Indulgence concert I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:16 pm

Good shit.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Mindless Self Indulgence concert   The Mindless Self Indulgence concert I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:16 am

It certainly was.

Oh... and that back bend Lyn-Z does... she holds that position for a really long time. I watched some videos today on youtube from the show I was at. Never saw myself but one of the people was just a few people over from me.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Mindless Self Indulgence concert   The Mindless Self Indulgence concert I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 4:09 pm

On the realz, though... I've seriously fallen in love with them. I listen to them constantly... and now I'm just waiting to go see them again. At this rate they'll become my favorite band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mindless Self Indulgence concert   The Mindless Self Indulgence concert I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mindless Self Indulgence concert
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: