The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

crack open a bear

Go down 
+13
dcbesc
jthefrank
Shrike
roughdraft_zero
tuggernuts
Clinton70
Hollow_Viscus
Electroretard
IAmHeavenSent
Cghost21
Green_shoes
Loxx O)))
After_The_Barrel_Roll
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

crack open a bear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:46 am

Electroretard wrote:
I toured Dogfish Head a few months ago. Shit was epic. Best brewery.

What do they brew anyway? I've heard the name before but never seen it in stores.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:37 am

Cghost21 wrote:
IAmHeavenSent wrote:
Lately, I drink Merlot if I'm drinking wine, Bacardi Rum if liquor, Long Island Ice Teas or Margaritas for mixed drinks, and Blue Moon or whatever is offered to me for beer.

I've been drinking red wine lately. I try to drink a glass a day. If you can get Yellowtail down there, I suggest their Chiraz. It's fantastic.

Drank half a bottle of moscato because my friend brought it over... way too sweet. I don't drink a glass a day, but if i'm drinking, 50-75% of the time, it'd be red wine because I always drink with Eric. We gravitate toward Merlot. Will have to look into Chiraz--never tried it.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:35 am

Speaking of wine, I've never had a nice glass of white wine.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:43 am

Cghost21 wrote:
Electroretard wrote:
I toured Dogfish Head a few months ago. Shit was epic. Best brewery.

What do they brew anyway? I've heard the name before but never seen it in stores.

They're famous for their 60 and 90 Minute IPAs. They also have a really popular "ancient ales" series, where they find ancient recipes for beer and try to recreate them.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:53 pm

IAmHeavenSent wrote:
Cghost21 wrote:
IAmHeavenSent wrote:
Lately, I drink Merlot if I'm drinking wine, Bacardi Rum if liquor, Long Island Ice Teas or Margaritas for mixed drinks, and Blue Moon or whatever is offered to me for beer.

I've been drinking red wine lately. I try to drink a glass a day. If you can get Yellowtail down there, I suggest their Chiraz. It's fantastic.

Drank half a bottle of moscato because my friend brought it over... way too sweet. I don't drink a glass a day, but if i'm drinking, 50-75% of the time, it'd be red wine because I always drink with Eric. We gravitate toward Merlot. Will have to look into Chiraz--never tried it.

I actually had a Merlot the other day that I really liked. I think it was the first one I really liked. I've never had Moscato before.

60 and 90 minute IPA? Is that just the name of the beer?

I should keep an eye out for some of hteir stuff here, sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Yep. The time indicates how long the beers were "hopped". So for 60 or 90 minutes, they continuously add hops to the brew. The 90 Minute is one of the most well balanced beers I've tasted.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:40 pm

I wouldn't mind trying it, IPA's are probably my favourite beer. I've had quite a few good ones, but I don't think that any BCL here offers those in store. I'll check the next time I"m there, but I'm not counting on it. I guess I could probably order some in but it'd probbaly be expensive as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Actually I've gotta go on a beer run one day here. HAven't done one in a while, and the last time two of my fucking bottles exploded because my friend is an idiot and left them outside. Never got to try my huckleberry stout Sad
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:14 pm

you guys like Lagunitas IPA?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:19 pm

Never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:06 pm

I like everything Lagunita's I've tried.

New Belgium came out with a pretty super solid seasonal pale ale called Mighty Arrow. Most people (pussies) I know that cry about how they don't like pale ale's say that they're too bitter and hoppy. This one sacrifices the integrity of most of those trademarked pale ale characteristics in exchange for a strange sweetness. A fine beer, in my book.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:32 pm

I don't usually go for pale ales because I find a lot of them taste watered down.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:42 pm

do you remember any that you've tried?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Okanagan Springs is the big one that sticks out. I've tried a few others, but I can't remember any off the top of my head. I think Cannery has one I tried, and some other brewery. I didn't like any of them enough to pursue others.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:57 pm

My brother LOVES Lagunita's. The Brown Shugga beer especially.

I mainly stick to wheat beers and lagers. Oberon will always be my fav. beer.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:10 am

Cghost21 wrote:
I actually had a Merlot the other day that I really liked. I think it was the first one I really liked. I've never had Moscato before.

If you prefer dry wines, Moscato is not for you. I like sweet wines and dry wines, so I can sometimes have a taste for Moscato--which is good since it is what all my female friends drink.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:47 am

I wouldn't be surprised if I'd like it just because I'm not into really bitter wine. THe sweet stuff is usually good, buyt nothing I'd drink a lot of.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Notice a theme yet?

Right now I'm mostly drinking Swedish/local beers, though.

My current favourite is this one:

It's one of the few lagers I drink, but it packs one hell of a punch. It's not watered down in the least. Summery, kinda peppery vibe, with lots of roundness to it. If you ever come across it I really recommend you get a bottle.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:35 pm

lol hwere did you get that Thelonius Monk beer? I want a bottle just to have it.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:46 pm

Get a Westy 12 and I'll be impressed.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 4:48 am

Cghost21 wrote:
lol hwere did you get that Thelonius Monk beer? I want a bottle just to have it.

Same place I get all my beer:

Alcohol-monopoly sucks, but Systembolaget has one hell of a selection, and they'll order in anything they don't have in storage.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:30 am

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:54 pm

I'll have to try and order it in here
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:01 pm

Went to Trader Joe's today. Saw what Chad's icon is all about...how long does one of those bottles last you? It came in a strange container and was kinda pricey. Picked up some simpler times lager (6.2%, 3 bucks for a 6 pack). Good deal or great deal?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:06 pm

A bottle of Glenfiddich? I rarely drink at home so I don't know, usually a fairly long time. Depends on how much I want to drink at home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: crack open a bear   crack open a bear - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

crack open a bear
Page 2 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next