The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine

Go down 
+7
Shrike
Hollow_Viscus
After_The_Barrel_Roll
tuggernuts
Ancient Rune
Abnormal Freak
roughdraft_zero
11 posters
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine Empty
PostSubject: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:34 pm

It was weird. When I became conscious of it I was like, "Wait, this is more 'jokey' than just some dumb internet post." Then I kind of kept rolling with it and actually tried to keep up with the whole make jokes instead of just have a stream of conscious thought nonsense. So I finished it. It's like a legitimate "bit", but now I don't want to post it cuz it feels like something I want more people to read and think is funny, like it shouldn't be some small little quip to share with eleven people on the internet who don't care. And I've never written comedy before and had anybody read or judge it, so I feel too self-conscious to release it to you judgmental, fiercely-opinionated lame-os.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:38 pm

It's OK. Post it. It probably sucks as much as Seinfeld stand-up but that's fine.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:39 pm

you did post your drawings, and that was brave, but you had a bunch so clearly had "practice" if you want to call it that. Plus I thought they were good. You may think it's good, but I'm still too scared lol.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:43 pm

I still gotta scan and post mu Fantasdick! drawings. It's an idea for a comic that someday I may not be too lazy to actually write and draw. Not like it'd actually take much to do, I'm just a bum.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:52 pm

POST IT YOU SPINELESS DICK!!
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:53 pm

BUT IT'S BECAUSE I'M A SPINELESS DICK THAT I CAN NOT
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:59 pm

well you could post it to facebook so more people can read it, OH WAIT YOU DONT FUCKING HAVE ONE.

Jeff posted his hot bitch now FUCKING POST YOUR COMEDY OR ABS WILL SHIT ON YOUR FACE
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:05 pm

I may shit on your face even if you do. FYI. And beat off on Varg's at the same time.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:17 pm

My expectations for it to actually be good are very low.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Ancient Rune wrote:
well you could post it to facebook so more people can read it, OH WAIT YOU DONT FUCKING HAVE ONE.

Jeff posted his hot bitch now FUCKING POST YOUR COMEDY OR ABS WILL SHIT ON YOUR FACE

I really don't think I'm gonna post it, to be honest. Maybe. While I still am deciding I will offer compensation that is actually much better than whatever bullshit "creative writing" I could shit out, in the form of a picture of a big-titted Lady Batman, who is my many-times mentioned should-be lady. I wanted to post the picture before, when Abz posted some thread where the body was something like, "SO HEREZ A PIC OF A BIG-BOOBED LADY IN A BATMAN COSTUME" which indeed featured a picture of a woman with big tits in a Batman costume and I was gonna be like, "OH YEAH WELL HERE'S THE ONE I WILL BE BANGING SHORTLY" but I stopped cuz I thought about Facebook backtracing (which I still don't really know what that is, or how to do it, or how to stop it, butt-fucking-whatever lol) and I didn't wanna show her face even though she's wearing a mask lol. It wasn't until about three minutes ago that I remembered to myself, "Wait, you already showed a picture of a close-up of her face in that Two Kids One Hall thread where she was with Scott Thompson and Kevin McDonald, you dumbshit" lol.

SO HERE:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:20 pm

tuggernuts wrote:

They very well should be, and you'll probably never see it, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:21 pm

And before Rune goes crazy: YES I KNOW SHE'S NOT EVEN FAT I'M SORRY
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:28 pm

tuggernuts wrote:

yea he likes Louis C.K. so I know he doesnt know funny

AND SHE HAS FAT IT JUST IN A PLACE WHERE IT SHOULD BE
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:34 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:

no fat?
no thank you

m i rite?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:42 pm

WOULD BANG

And saved pic to my hard drive.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:22 pm

I have mixed feelings about this thread.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Ancient Rune wrote:
tuggernuts wrote:

yea he likes Louis C.K. so I know he doesnt know funny

AND SHE HAS FAT IT JUST IN A PLACE WHERE IT SHOULD BE

Louis C.K. not funny? lol now you funny.

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
roughdraft_zero wrote:

no fat?
no thank you

m i rite?

Yeah you know I'd say that's usually right but dis one right here got me in spite of weighing less than me lol.

Abnormal Freak wrote:
WOULD BANG

And saved pic to my hard drive.

I would expect no less from you.

Hollow_Viscus wrote:

Explain.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:58 am

Just save it somewhere, take a look at it in a week. Find out what works, what doesn't, re-work it. Work it until you've got like 4 minutes, then youtube under false name with an animated video.

profit?
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:19 pm

I imagine I'd feel similarly if I wrote or recorded a song of my singing... would NEVER post it on here. You guys are dicks.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:40 pm

IAmHeavenSent wrote:
I imagine I'd feel similarly if I wrote or recorded a song of my singing... would NEVER post it on here. You guys are dicks.

you are a woman no one cares what you think or your singing, we just want newdz.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:45 pm

this thread sucks
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:13 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:

Hollow_Viscus wrote:

Explain.

Disappointed you're acting cuntish as you'd usually post anything on your mind funny or not.

The girl ups the stock in the thread though.

IAmHeavenSent wrote:

I'd like to hear your singing. Go on youtube and sing some Jordin Sparks songs. Batting

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This song in particular. Whistling
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:54 am

"cuntish" lol

still thinkin about it though.

lol "cuntish"
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:26 am

I'd like to see it, but I understand if you don't want to share it with us.

Writing stand-up material is fucking hard as hell. I took a comedy class last fall, and we had to do stand-up twice. The first time I got a good reception, but the second time wasn't as well-received. I was also really nervous and not really prepared the second time.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 6:26 pm

I've roughly written a few stand-up routines in my head, but this was like 6 or 7 years ago and I can't remember the details anymore. Some of it had potential, but I soon ran out of ideas for new material and writing it is only half of the battle, being able to deliver it well is just as hard/important.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine   So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I was writing a new topic, and after like ten sentences I realized I was writing a stand-up comedy routine
Page 1 of 1