The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off

Go down 
+6
Hollow_Viscus
Electroretard
jthefrank
X-pert74
roughdraft_zero
Loxx O)))
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off Empty
PostSubject: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:41 pm

He made a comment on facebook about how my work schedule made it hard for our group to play D&D. #1 he's the guy that says we're going to play on what day at what time. #2 I've missed games before because I couldn't make it and other people played my character. #3 he NEVER fucking has shit ready before hand. We'll get there and he's like 'Okay, you guys met with this person and he's agreed to give you these items... but I need to roll for them to find out what they are' We waste like 2 hours EVERY game because this guy doesn't fucking plan the loot and campaign before we get there. Everytime we go into a new room, we all roll initiative and then he stops us and says 'Oh wait, I guess I need to roll initiative for the enemies and for their health, give me a minute.'

Bro. Really? I'm hurting our group from playing? Your fucking campaigns are only 2 hours of gameplay with 2-3 hours of you doing shit you should have done before we met. You're the fucking dungeon master.

I know. I'm ranting. No one gives a shit. It just kind of irked me that this guy fucking said I'm the reason our group can't meet more often. I can do a 3 hour game ANY day of the week at any time. No, I can't make your fucking 7 hour long games when it's mostly you figuring out what the fuck we're supposed to be doing.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:48 pm

"You're the fucking dungeon master."

Funniest sentence ever in the history of the internet.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:49 pm

He really should be getting his campaign worked out ahead of time. Ideally he should roll up what might appear at any given moment prior to you guys getting there. Or at least he should roll up what might appear during the places you guys are most likely to explore, so as to cut down on unnecessary downtime.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:53 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:

IDUNNOWHY

But yeah, Kurt. That's exactly what the fuck he should be doing. Worst part is he's getting the fucking dungeons and the story online... He's not making up the entire campaign himself, so why doesn't he have time to do this shit? We meet once a week.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:04 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:

To be honest... I was talking to my assistant manager at work (who is a really cool fucking guy) and we were talking about how I play D&D with guys in our department. And I said 'Yeah, well, ***** is the dungeon master' This guy just starts walking away laughing and he starts crying. He comes back and he says 'I just fucking lost it when you said that ***** was the dungeon master'
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Just drive out here and play Descent with us instead
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 pm

My astro department likes to play Munchkin. It's like DnD for retards.

It's fun because it requires zero set up and it only takes like an hour to play.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:43 pm

jthefrank wrote:
Where exactly do you live? I know I live close to the Montana border.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:22 pm

Bozeman
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:51 pm

Nah, brah. That's 7 hours away.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:39 am

That's not too long, just about as far as it takes to drive from here to San Francisco.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:53 am

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
That's not too long, just about as far as it takes to drive from here to San Francisco.
Too long to drive for a 3 hour game.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:57 am

Hollow_Viscus wrote:

That would be a really fucking long time
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:17 am

Loxx O))) wrote:
Hollow_Viscus wrote:
Too long to drive for a 3 hour game.

Plan to stay longer than 3 hours. Tongue

whoa 8k!
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:18 am

You could make a six month trip out of it, so you could have time to finish up an entire campaign while you're there.

EDIT: Happy 8K Bluge!
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:11 am

jthefrank wrote:

Only if you mean LANning up to play the PC game.
Otherwize,

ur dum
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:23 am

D&D is fun. My friends and I play once every couple weeks.

Munchkin is fun too, but far different. And those games can last for fucking ever if everyone is fucking each other over all the time, which we tend to do.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:07 am

I can't say I condone this thread or its contents.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:46 am

Don't knock it til you try it.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 12:20 pm

tuggernuts wrote:
D&D is fun. My friends and I play once every couple weeks.

Munchkin is fun too, but far different. And those games can last for fucking ever if everyone is fucking each other over all the time, which we tend to do.
Yeah... especially if you're drinking and therefore cheating easier. Preventing the win can go on forever.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:43 pm

I played Munchkin with a friend once.... It was just me & him, and you could tell he loved the game, and I tried... but I'm not great at strategy, so I didn't make it very fun for him... We also played a game called illuminati or something which seemed similar. Not my thing, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:33 pm

tuggernuts wrote:
Don't knock it til you try it.

I barely have the patience anymore to sit down and do math let alone try and play some six hour long roleplaying game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off   The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The guy DM'ing my D&D games kind of pissed me off
Page 1 of 1