The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Academy Community Thread~

Go down 
+13
Abnormal Freak
IAmHeavenSent
roughdraft_zero
Green_shoes
Shrike
Ancient Rune
After_The_Barrel_Roll
Hollow_Viscus
Electroretard
Cghost21
Loxx O)))
jeffnogo
X-pert74
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

~Academy Community Thread~ Empty
PostSubject: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:41 pm

You are false and bitter!
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:57 pm

The Oldboy trailer looked interesting. Maybe some of you know, but Oldboy is my favorite movie of all time. Easily. Also, I don't have an outright hatred for remakes likes most people do. Sure, will it be better? Not likely, but it won't destroy the original and make it unavailable.

Either way, there are two interesting differences from the trailer that catch my attention. Spoiler alert of course: While he's still in his cell, he's watching a video of a girl that they say is his daughter. This never happened in the original, and maybe in the movie she's a paid actor to portray his daughter. Either way, searching for a fake daughter that he thinks he knows could add an interesting twist. Also, it looks like he just outright kills the Samwell L Jackson character when he finds the "hotel", but maybe the trailer just makes you think that when he actually doesn't kill him. Killing off a character played by Jackson earlier than they did in the original wouldn't make sense. It wouldn't be that much of a role then for such a major actor.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Maybe he just wanted to be involved?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:03 am

I guess that is always a possibility, but that would pretty much destroy the entire point of the story. It would probably take more balls to try to change that than to try and get your average American audiences to handle the story as is.

I'm also curious to see how they handled the ambiguous ending of the original.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:28 am

Electroretard wrote:
Avocados are bullshit

You're a fag if you don't like guacamole
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:42 am

I like guac. I just hate avocados. For instance, a sandwich with avocado on it is fucking disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 1:04 am

That is acceptable
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 1:12 am

jeffnogo wrote:
I guess that is always a possibility, but that would pretty much destroy the entire point of the story.  It would probably take more balls to try to change that than to try and get your average American audiences to handle the story as is.

I'm also curious to see how they handled the ambiguous ending of the original.

Well it is directed by Spike Lee. The guy who was QQing over the use of the word "nigger" in Django. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the ending. Tongue 

The movie to me just looks so American and although it is a trailer I don't feel the same vibe and atmosphere as the original.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 3:24 am

Sandwiches with avocado are fucking delicious.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Sandwiches with avocado are so common in Chile. Mashed up avocado is almost as common of a condiment here as ketchup and mustard.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Honestly I think the main reason I hate non-gauc'd avocado is because the first time I ever had it I was super hung over lol
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Avocado is good, guac is better. Just smash up the avocado, add a really small amount of lime or fresh squeezed lemon juice and spread it on your sandwich. Really good in BLTs
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:14 pm

That sounds like shitty guac
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 10:21 pm

NIGGERS BE RIOTING
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Avocados are awesome. The only problem is they go from hard-unripe-inedible-green-stuff to foodstuff-of-the-gods to brown-putrid-filth in like a second.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:42 am

So hot in my house last night. No air conditioning. Couldn't sleep. Just slammed two rockstars. Today is going to be interesting.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:38 pm

Cghost I strongly recommend picking up a bottle of Lagavulin 16. I know it's the most popular Islay malt so you've probably had it before, but just in case you haven't. It's super good. Not worth the full price probably, but it sold really fucking well over the holiday season at BevMo for over 100$ shipped
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 pm

I've never had it because I rarely have the leftover funds to spend $100 on a bottle of scotch. That's what it was in Calgary anyway. It's probably even more expensive here in Ontario.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:28 am

I have yet to open my bottles of Laphroaig 10 and QC, but so far Laga 16 my favorite islay malt. Ardbeg 10 is pretty good as well, but I'd say they're pretty different once you get past the smoke in each.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:25 am

I saw The Devil Wears Prada open for A Day To Remember the other night. Their performance was really good and the two new songs they played sounded pretty good. I like the new direction that they're taking. Nothing against their clean singer but their style is getting so much better now that they aren't using him in every song and now that they are focusing on a more metal sound they're getting faster and more aggressive.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:53 am

Varg arrested.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:12 pm

I've had Ardberg, it's good. Bowmore 12(I think, maybe it was 14) is pretty good too. Don't buy Smokehead, that's terrible.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Today was my first day as Manager (my manager is on vacation for two weeks). Would have good well, but my merchandiser called and said that she thought something was wrong with our inventory. She wanted me to look over it again. Pain in the ass, but whatever. I had it done in less than an hour. I talk to her again and tell her that everything is looking correct on our end. She tells me to just forward all of our paperwork to the assistant manager to see if he can find anything wrong. Fair enough. She wasn't even mad that I didn't find anything. Then I make the mistake of taking the paperwork to the main office and telling the store owner what was going on and that he should give the paperwork to the assistant. Nope... he wants to sit down with me right then and do it again. So he keeps getting called to do stuff so I'm sitting in his office for like 30 minutes slowly going back through what I've already done twice at this point. Blah, blah, blah. So I go back to work because he says we're not making any progress because we're both busy (well him and my department). About 20 minutes before I'm scheduled to leave he calls me back into his office to finish it. I haven't finished all of my orders and I still need to write next week's schedule... So, another 30 minutes gets wasted doing the same shit AGAIN. So, I leave almost an hour late barely getting my orders done (and actually forgetting to order a very important section of stuff) and not being able to finish the schedule. Fuuuucking great.

Cliffs:
One of my bosses sets me behind at work, I'm cool about it.
My head boss makes me sit and redo the same shit over and over again forcing me to not get any actual work done.
My first day as Manager fucking sucked.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:39 pm

Sounds better than wearing a hair-net while slathering mayo on crusty bread for imbeciles. What do they pay you?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:21 pm

I don't ever do that anyway. I do the ordering and throw freight most of the time. Right now I'm still making $9.29/hour. Once I get bumped up to manager it's like $15+. They haven't given me assistant manager yet because I just took my Food Safety II test yesterday. It got scheduled for like a month after I requested to take it. So, blah.

I think I also forgot to include the fact that one of my best employees put in his 2 weeks notice today. So that means I have to train another douchebag. I swear, I hate the new hires. They're fucking drug addicts that just want a little cash. Fuck them. I don't have a say in who gets hired at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Academy Community Thread~
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next