The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Academy Community Thread~

Go down 
+6
Cghost
Hollow_Viscus
X-pert74
Green_shoes
IAmHeavenSent
Loxx O)))
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:29 pm

I like what I've heard of Cancer Bats. Bring Me The Horizon sucks live from the videos I've seen, but I'm sure their set will be fun.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:31 pm

The guys voice from Cancer Bats doesn't get my attention. They may be rather good live. Most live videos tend to suck if you see them on youtube. I'm sure they'll be good but nowhere near as good as Trivium was live.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Speaking of BMTH, they finally fixed my order and I received my t-shirt I ordered two months ago. It looks nice... but now what the hell do I wear with a purple shirt?
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:47 pm

Black jeans?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:55 pm

I don't wear jeans... but still, to me purple doesn't look good with anything. Eh. Also, about the singer's voice... I guess you don't like hardcore that much do you?
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Black pants or shorts then? Its hard to match purple with other colours. Hardcore isn't big on my list. I've been trying to get into it but most bands in the hardcore scene just don't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:07 pm

I really like American Nightmare and Comeback Kid. CBK's vocalist is worse than Cancer Bats' but I got used to it.

I just put the shirt on and I've got some black cargo pants on. Meh. It's kind of a cool shirt, though. The severed zombie arms like they're clutching on to the chest with a bloody handprint on it. Not bad.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:11 pm

I don't mind Comeback Kid. I'll probably get more into hardcore once I invest some time and money into getting cds and listening to them.

I'll probably pick up a Bring Me The Horizon shirt tonight. They'll most likely be highly over priced.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:13 pm

I got mine for like $5 because it was a discount sale. You should try to pick up the Chelsea Smile shirt. It looks nice, I might get one.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Shirts at Trivium were $40 so I expect BMTH to sell theirs for the same pretty much. Nothing is ever cheap around here.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:18 pm

I doubt it. Trivium are a bunch of douchebags and they're apparently in league with Slipknot. I like Slipknot and all, but they're pretty money hungry as of late it seems. BMTH's merch on their website is less than $20 for shirts so I'd hope they would at least be around that at the shows. A lot of bands sell merch cheaper in person. Just depends on the bands and the tour. Bigger bands make other people charge more. Smaller bands or the ones who are relatively new try to give a decent price.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:22 pm

I haven't been to many big band concerts. Prior to Trivium the only one with bands that are well known was the Horse The Band one. Their shirts were $35. The price range for band shirts normally out here is around the $30 mark so paying an extra $10 isn't so bad. Trivium's hoodies were a rip off at $80.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:28 pm

That's just crazy. No shirt or hoodie is worth that much. My BMTH hoodie was $13. Freaking ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:44 pm

$50 is the going price out here for band hoodies.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:35 pm

The first hoodie I ever got was a Slipknot one I bought when I was a freshman in high school. I got it for like $50 at Hot Topic. I wouldn't pay over $40 for one now.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:19 pm

Last night was good. The Red Shore was great but the hardcore kids were dicks with their hardcore dancing shit was getting annoying. Only let down about The Red Shore was the constant breakdowns. One song had 3 or 4 breakdowns in it. 1 is too many most of the time for my liking.

Cancer Bats played for way too long. Their set was nearly as long as Bring Me The Horizon's. I ended up leaving the floor and went out back to the outdoor area and got a drink.

Bring Me The Horizon's set was good. A fair bit of the clean singing was replaced with screams. Suicide Season was nearly played in its entirety. Oli was a bit of a douche. Everyone was calling out for them to play Pray For Plagues and he went about how that song is so shit and they never play it and that Sydney was a bunch of cunts and they'd never play that song for us. Then after that he went on to announce that the next song was Pray For Plagues.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:58 pm

I think he can be amusing.

"Do you guys like nu-metal?"
everyone boos
"Well, this next song is a cover of a band called Slipknot."
everyone cheers
"Oh, so you do like nu-metal you fucking lying cunts."
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:34 pm

He might have his moments but he didn't have much to say between songs last night. The singer of Cancer Bats sang Death Breath with them. For once his voice didn't annoy me.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:18 pm

My computer got raped by a virus last night. Backed up all my cd data and reinstalled windows... About to check the jump drive now and hope everything is still in working order.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 6:40 pm

I hate windows.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:50 am

Me too. All my stuff for my cd is intact so I'm good.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Our internet was cut off Friday, and we just got it back today. It's nice to have it--I was tired of eating at Wendy's just to use the wi-fi.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:28 pm

That seems like it would be more expensive than the internet bill.

We've had a whopping 7 posts this week, woo.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:22 pm

we had a semester cable package--usually they send a letter telling us to renew before they cut it off. this year, they didn't... so we couldn't do anything about it till Monday.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:48 am

Having no internet access sucks. I'd be lost without the net.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Academy Community Thread~
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next