The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas

Go down 
+2
Abnormal Freak
Loxx O)))
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas Empty
PostSubject: Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas   Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:35 am

Jack talks about how he's dead... and then he gets shot down while he's trying to be Santa Clause. But you know he can't die because he's already dead. And then I was thinking about how there was Halloweentown that spreads fear and all that ish for Halloween. There is joy and cheer from Christmasland and so on. Then I thought about what if all these people died and they were given the choice of whether they wanted to bring fear or joy to people's hearts and thats how they were placed. Then I started thinking about religion and having the same thing happen. When you die you're asked if you want to bring joy or fear to people... and you would instinctively answer the one you wanted most. And if you say fear... that means you'll be tortured for all eternity until you can genuinely say you wish you bring joy to people. And I just thought about that. How insanely fucked up is that? A person is tortured for eternity because of the way they instinctively think or feel? And I think I helped absolutely affirm the fact that I can in no way believe in religion. That's some of the most insane and terrible way of doing things I've ever heard of. And all this rubbish about God not wanting people to hurt or suffer but he has to. That's fucking bullshit.

/pointless religion rant
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas   Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:29 am

Man... I could totally type a ten-page response to this, ha ha, but I won't.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas   Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:43 am

And you'd have to end it with "/pointless religion rant" just like mieb did, and you'd both be right.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas   Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Man... I could totally type a ten-page response to this, ha ha, but I won't.
I'm not saying what came to my thoughts is exactly what any certain religion believes... it was a stream of consciousness type thing. But I still come to the conclusion either way... torturing someone for all eternity because of their instinctive responses is just insane. And I don't think something that is supposed to be full of love and loving all it's creations would do such a thing. It's just one more aspect that makes me think religion can not be true. It's not trying to discredit anyone that believes in religions. That's all fine. We all have our own opinions... I just think I've affirmed the fact that I could never believe any religion to be true. It's something I've been on the fence on for years... but as time as gone on, I've been leaning more to the side of there being no possibility of me ever having any faith in it.
Back to top Go down
Iangorge
VIP
Iangorge

PostSubject: Re: Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas   Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 12:27 pm

Good point. I stopped believing in religion after coming to the realization that it was most likely created to distill order under fear. I came to this realization back when I was studying the religion and whatnot of the renaissance era in history class. The Catholic church and it's hatred and will to dismantle any form of non-Catholic party kind of made me think, and once I got to thinking, I just didn't stop.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas   Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:03 pm

i haven't seen nightmare before christmas in years!!
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas   Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm

Same here. I love it. I shall get myself a copy.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas   Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:01 pm

i remember liking it, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas   Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:26 pm

It's a pretty good movie...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas   Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange thing happened while watching Nightmare Before Christmas
Page 1 of 1