The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Going to see Dark Castle tonight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Going to see Dark Castle tonight Empty
PostSubject: Going to see Dark Castle tonight   Going to see Dark Castle tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Leaving in like an hour and a half. It's at a bar so there is no doubt that I'll get to meet the band. Can't wait. Going to be so fucking awesome seeing them live. May ask my mom if she'll let me borrow her camera to take some pics. All I've got is a webcam built into my laptop. I guess it would be cool to take a picture with them to post. Or get their autograph... Dunno, that seems hella lame asking for an autograph, though. Was going to wear a Dark Castle shirt but again thought it was hella lame. Don't want to come across as obsessed superfan or some shit.

Yeah... anyway... going to be a fun night. Will post impressions later and pics if I get them.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Dark Castle tonight   Going to see Dark Castle tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:11 pm

How was it?

I don't see why people where the bands shirt to a concert. You obviously listen to them if you're there at the show.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Dark Castle tonight   Going to see Dark Castle tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:28 pm

I haven't left for it yet. Tongue

I guess you just wear the shirt because you feel like showing support. And even if you're at a show, it doesn't mean you like all the bands playing. I've sit through really shitty bands to see the one band I'd come for before.

I think if I had a show and someone wore an m1:35 shirt or something it would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Dark Castle tonight   Going to see Dark Castle tonight I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Thats true. I've stood through shitty bands sets if there isn't a decent smokers area for me to hang out at. I normally wear a shirt or singlet of whatever I grab from my wardrobe.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Dark Castle tonight   Going to see Dark Castle tonight I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:18 am

Hell of a night. On my way there, I almost got into a wreck. Anyway...

As usual, I arrived early. First band to show up was The Atlas Moth. I chat with members of the band for a bit at the bar. Before Dark Castle even shows up, the drummer from TAM is telling about how on the previous night Stevie (Dark Castle's guitar player) punched some guy in the throat because he kept heckling them and called her a bitch. The whole story was pretty funny, though. So Dark Castle show up after a while and I go to talk to Stevie and Rob. Some of the coolest people I have ever met. They are incredibly nice and said they remembered me from talking on myspace. I even gave Rob copies of my two cds because he said he liked that kind of music (I asked). Stevie even told me she had been listening to my music on myspace the day before and that she liked it.

And after chatting with The Atlas Moth and Dark Castle for hours, the show finally started... around 2 or 3 hours late. First band to play was a local band called Blackblood Division. Stevie told me that their drummer was actually the drummer from Thorr's Hammer. That surprised the hell out of me. Anyway, they were a black metal band and were pretty good. I liked the way their guitar player was dressed. He had blood all over his arms and he wore a bloody sack over his head that reminded me of Bloody Panda. But yeah, pretty good band. As everyone knows, I'm not a huge black metal fan so their set seemed to go on for a bit too long.

Then came Across Tundras. They were a Pelican-ish band. Pretty good music, but they also seemed to go on for too long. Their bass player was really good, though. Chatted with him some as well and he was a cool guy. The band was nothing spectacular but they were good at what they did.

And then another local band called Supercollider. Very meh. I guess their music was okay but I wasn't very interested at all. I just sat down in a chair during their set and walked out of the building when they continued to play after I was tired of hearing them. (Later on that night Stevie commented that she thought I was passing out because I was tired during that set)

And then... The Atlas Moth. Fucking amazing. The first thing that came to mind when they set up and started playing was The Ocean. Really talented musicians and their music is great. They put on a good show. The crowd, though, sucked. A bunch of people acting like retards. This was at a bar, mind you... so the band was on the floor with all of us. And the people in front, for some reason, felt like they had to be in the band's faces the whole time and the kept hitting their vocalists mic stand. Once it hit him in the mouth and he walked away for a minute. Then later on when they did it again, he just took the mic of the stand, grabbed the guy by the back of the head that kept hitting it and continued to do his vocals while he was holding the guy. Honestly, I thought the guy was pissed and might have wanted to hurt him haha... but he just laughed after he angrily set his guitar down and slammed on his effects pedals. So I don't know... He might have been pissed and was playing it off or he was just fucking around. Aside from the douchey crowd, great set.

And the band I went for... Dark Castle. My god. Rob's drum set his huge. Not as in lots of pieces, his drums are just fucking massive. He uses a marching bass drum for his kick, a normal kick for his floor tom, and a floor tom for his mid tom. Stevie had the back wall lined with amps. This two piece band was the loudest band that night. The douchey crowd almost ruined their set for me, though. At the beginning, I was standing at the front. But those douchebags just kept pushing passed me or pulling their friends up from behind me. And just like with The Atlas Moth, people kept hitting Stevie's mic or falling over onto their set up. They had to restart one song three times. Then Stevie threatened to kick everyone's ass and stop playing if they didn't back up. She was just joking around in reference to the night previously... but I'm not sure how many people knew what she was getting at. But they were really tight. Great, great live band. After they were done Stevie commented that it was the sloppiest they've ever played and it still sounded almost identical to the cd. My one real complaint about their set was that I didn't get to hear "Flight Beyond".

Talked to Stevie a bit after the show before I left. She said that I should play some shows as m1:35. This was after I said that they should tour somewhat close to the area again soon... so I'm not sure if she meant I should play with them or what. Those two in Dark Castle were really cool, though. I gave them my two cds and Rob gave me Stevie's solo album and a sticker in return. Then after the show I went to buy a t-shirt from them and I had to give Stevie the money because she didn't seem like she was going to take it from me, haha. Then she asked me if there was any of their other merch that I wanted for free. Really great guys. I'm glad I got to see them live and meet them. Meeting them and seeing how nice they are makes me appreciate their music a lot more. They're really sincere people who are just loving what they are doing and putting everything into it. I'm looking forward to seeing them again.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Dark Castle tonight   Going to see Dark Castle tonight I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 6:07 pm

Sounds like it was a good night. I need to listen to Dark Castle again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Dark Castle tonight   Going to see Dark Castle tonight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to see Dark Castle tonight
Page 1 of 1