The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you follow any religion?

Go down 
+11
X-pert74
Sordid Dream
Tubbz
Green_shoes
Dead on Arrival
Regenesis
Cghost
IAmHeavenSent
HULK
TheNamelessOne
Loxx O)))
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Do you follow any religion? Empty
PostSubject: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:01 pm

I believe in God, but I don't practice or follow any particular religion. I just believe that there is a God entity... but I don't worship it. At this point in my life, I'm just doing what I want and living how I want to live. Maybe later in life I'll find some type of religion that I can really believe in... at the moment I'm good without one.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne

Character sheet
Name: Cid
Experience Points: 0/100

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:44 am

No.
Back to top Go down
HULK

HULK

Character sheet
Name: Rika

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:18 am

I've recently gotten interested in buddhism. Not the worshiping buddha part but the tranquility and inner-peace part.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:18 am

Become a Jedi. Wink
Back to top Go down
HULK

HULK

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:24 am

.............. Haha. Oh wow that made me think. But that's not a real religion. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:28 am

Actually, the force does exist. It's something that is known as the "God Particle" or something similar. The only difference is that we have no control over it... that we know.
Back to top Go down
HULK

HULK

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:34 am

Oh.. Hrm. I knew the Jedi mind trick really existed but I never thought past that....
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:35 am

And how do you think that is real?
Back to top Go down
HULK

HULK

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:37 am

Because you can really do it. It may be called something other then 'Jedi' mind trick, but its easy to make people believe what you want them to believe.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:38 am

Meh... but a Jedi mind trick is simply telling someone something and they say it and briefly follow it. Hypnotism and stuff like that isn't really the same thing.
Back to top Go down
HULK

HULK

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:41 am

Well I don't mean hypnotism.... Hrm. Have you ever seen How to Deal? There's a scene in that movie that shows that it really can be done.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:45 am

Don't know if I've ever even heard of it.
Back to top Go down
HULK

HULK

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:40 am

Oh... Hrm. I'm going to go find that scene on youtube just so you can see it.
Back to top Go down
HULK

HULK

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know if it's before that or if this is it or what. (Remember. No sound.) But anyways, they're both coming from the councilor's office, the guy says he usually just has to use the Jedi mind trick on the councilor. He then attempts to ask the girl out by using it. And it works, it just takes nearly the whole movie to actually see that it works.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:10 am

to answer the original question (because I've been away and didn't catch it originally)

i follow my own version of Christianity, I suppose. I'll never, ever find a denomination I agree with 100%, so i just pick and choose what I think it most right and do what I think I should do....

Lately my faith has been tested ( times 39838383983) and actually strengthened.... I cannot be angry at a God that doesn't exist....
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:18 am

You could be angry at a god that does exist.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:21 am

That's my point.... I became angry with God and started questioning religion, etc.... Then i realized that I couldn't be angry with something that doesn't exist.

I'm still rather angry with him, but he can handle my anger.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:48 am

I follow communistic separatism of the mind and cheddar.
Back to top Go down
Regenesis

Title : Great

Character sheet
Name: Dwight
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 11:13 pm

nope
Back to top Go down
Dead on Arrival

Dead on Arrival

Character sheet
Name: Aerynn

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:18 pm

No, I don't. I used to try...but I lost all faith. And I don't see myself following any religion any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:58 pm

I should follow a more moral path in life but we all have our vices that we fall to.
Back to top Go down
Tubbz

Tubbz

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 7:17 am

Loxxikus wrote:
Actually, the force does exist. It's something that is known as the "God Particle" or something similar. The only difference is that we have no control over it... that we know.
"DEAR FUCKING GOD, CHUCK! YOUR MIDICHLOREAN COUNT IS PHENOMENAL!!!"

btw, I'm Methodist, beotch
Back to top Go down
Sordid Dream

Sordid Dream

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 4:57 pm

I don't follow a religion, I just believe that people should believe what they truly believe to be real, not just following someone else's idea blindly.

I was forced to go through this CCD crap because I was raised Catholic, and all it ended up doing was distancing me from the religion so much that I only remained in it to make my mom happy (she would be crushed if I didn't). Immediately afterwards I told her I had my own views and they did not co-inside with hers. She was upset but understood.

I personally believe that "God" was purely invented to make people feel better. To give them hope in hard times. On the occasions that things would work out "it was God's power", and the excuse for when things don't work out is "God works in mysterious ways".

I have no intentions of influencing anyone to follow with my beliefs, as that would put me at the same level as the people I turned away from for that reason, and thus a hypocrite. I just feel that if god didn't want us to believe what we wanted and to think for ourselves that he would not have given us the ability to do so. If he was to, in fact, exist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sordiddream
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 5:01 pm

i think it's pretty cool that you went through with something you didn't want to do just for your mom. (that's probably makes me rather lame)
lol at "co-inside"
i've, at times, thought the same about God--that it was an idea invented to make people feel better... even if that's true, and of course i don't know if it is, who cares if it works for some people? this world is pretty shitty, and whatever works, works.
Back to top Go down
Sordid Dream

Sordid Dream

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 5:03 pm

I agree, which is why I will not be the one to put down other's beliefs. Even if I do not share the same sentiment, if it works for someone and helps them get through a rough time, I don't think they should be told it's wrong.

At the same time, I hate being forcefed someone else's beliefs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sordiddream
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you follow any religion?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next