The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you follow any religion?

Go down 
+11
X-pert74
Sordid Dream
Tubbz
Green_shoes
Dead on Arrival
Regenesis
Cghost
IAmHeavenSent
HULK
TheNamelessOne
Loxx O)))
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 5:10 pm

I tend to feel that way, too.... I am not one to force my beliefs on others (i think I used to)... If someone asks me, I'll tell them, but I'm not one to stand on a corner and profess 'my' truths, etc... I'm all for peace of mind and happiness for people... Even if they might only be naively happy, at least they are happy.

eh, it sucks being forcefed anything, hence the "force" in the word.
Back to top Go down
Sordid Dream

Sordid Dream

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 5:49 pm

that is true lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sordiddream
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:26 am

No, I don't. I've been an atheist for as long as I can remember. I've never felt like pursuing any religion such as Christianity, Judaism, etc. Sometimes I've found stuff such as Satanism, Nihilism, and other beliefs such as that to be interesting, but I still feel most comfortable calling myself an atheist.
Back to top Go down
krischance0303

krischance0303

Character sheet
Name: Aimie
Experience Points: 0/100

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 7:08 pm

<<<< bapticostal.

i can do all things in christ who strengthens me.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 3:23 am

lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:03 pm

Agnostic Atheist (with a touch of LaVeyan philosophies)
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:20 pm

I didn't realize you could be both.....

I'd always thought that an atheist believes God does not exist, and an agnostic believes it's impossible to know whether God exists because it cannot be proven.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:27 pm

It means I actually don't believe there is a God, but i'm not completely sure.
Back to top Go down
Iangorge
VIP
Iangorge

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:50 pm

I used to be Methodist, but I stopped believing in that shit. I just don't think devoting myself to anyone or thing that I don't know exists is worth the bullshit. I am Nihilist.

Last edited by CannibalCorpse93 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CnC6

CnC6

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FUCK THAT SHIT
Back to top Go down
-Orange9mm-

-Orange9mm-

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Fiendish Chick wrote:
Agnostic Atheist (with a touch of buddhist philosophies)
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:20 pm

I find the idea of calling oneself "agnostic atheist" to be quite contradictory. With agnostic beliefs you do not deny or confirm the idea of a higher being to be considered a god. With atheism you deny it's existence. You can't really be both.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
-Orange9mm-

-Orange9mm-

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:37 pm

m1:35 wrote:
I find the idea of calling oneself "agnostic atheist" to be quite contradictory. With agnostic beliefs you do not deny or confirm the idea of a higher being to be considered a god. With atheism you deny it's existence. You can't really be both.

That's actually a common misconception. The way I view it there; Gnosticism and Agnosticism, both serve as an axis on how you place yourself ideaologically, while you have your actual set of beliefs such as atheism or theism. Agnostic atheism, sometimes called weak atheism refers to the belief that you feel that there is no "god" or higher power but also don't deny that we have no way of confirming this and that it would be foolish to say or do so. As opposed to let's say strong atheism or strong theism where one claims they have knowledge as opposed to (a)gnosticism, whether that be atheism or theism. The agnostic theist example would perhaps be one like yourself you believe in a higher power, but don't claim you fully know, or adhere to a single viewing of which. Of course the spiral goes deeper that both atheism and theism, and the basic grid I'm going by might be a bit simplistic. The term atheism can actually have multiple meanings (even being as basic as lacking a belief in god, or irreligion), whether it be a sekptic like Carl Sagan (who could be put under the term agnostic atheist moreso) or let's say one like (insert vesti atheist here who goes by the traditional "rejectionion" or gnostic/strong form). Theism as a clump term ican also mean a number of different thing and tends to be divided or clumped together with deism, pandeism, pantheism, etc. Pure agnosticism usually is put in the context of not leaning one way or another, or not knowing for sure. I simple use the term agnostic atheism as a way of shwoing people which way I lean ideologically. I don't care if people label me agnostic, either. I just switch the terms back and forth. I just live my life by this quote:

I am an agnostic; I do not pretend to know what many ignorant men are sure of. "
-Clarence Darrow

...the atheist thing is an optional add-on, that helps people understand more of my beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:48 pm

So... you're saying you're not sure but you're further on the side of "there porbably isn't anything there." And you simply add atheist so people won't get the misconception that you might be slightly optimistic, or at least idealistic, in believing that there is something?
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
-Orange9mm-

-Orange9mm-

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:55 pm

m1:35 wrote:
So... you're saying you're not sure but you're further on the side of "there porbably isn't anything there." And you simply add atheist so people won't get the misconception that you might be slightly optimistic, or at least idealistic, in believing that there is something?

Well, I'm not sure I'd put it that way. I just think naturalism is the most likely correct conclusion. Like I said atheism can mean a number of different things, depending on you view it, to the point of agnosticism and atheism being interchangable in certain instances. I basically may use the term atheist, in some senarios where one may not be as familar with what agnosticism means, so agnostic atheism, just works to serve some practical purposes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:52 am

I worship the Easter bunny! albino
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you follow any religion?   Do you follow any religion? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you follow any religion?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2