The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne Empty
PostSubject: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:16 am

Enterprise sucks, and is draining my life away. It's not going anywhere either, you have to be a good salesperson to even be eligible for promotion, and I'm not even close and don't want to be. Had an interview today for a warehouse job. Basically, it's a natural and organic foods distributor and:

+ It's mostly physical work I don't have to think much about.
+ I'd work on the floor as a "picker" (taking product from its home location to be packed on pallets for distribution). Only thing that sucks here is there are strict quotas.
+ No more suit and tie. In fact, I can wear anything I want so long as it's safe (no open-toed shoes) and inoffensive. T-shirts/sweatshirts, shorts and hats are even cool with them.
+ Pays $0.40 more per hour than I'm making now, though it's only a 40-hour week and I'm used to 50+, so it's still a pay-cut.
+ Four ten-hour days. Guaranteed three days off per week, including every Saturday.
+ Raises, promotions and transfers are all easier and sooner to come by than Enterprise, too.
+ It's not a terrible company like Enterprise, whose primary goals are to:
A) gouge the customer as much as possible without them knowing
B) strive to keep the customer in the dark as much as possible to piss them off as little as possible, as opposed to trying to make them as happy as possible
C) give as little to their employees while still appearing like a noble and admirable company ("Hey, we bought you Little Ceasar's, so don't clock out for your lunch even though you didn't
get more than a minute to sit down and eat your cheap, cold pizza, which we know is illegal.")

I'm pretty yeah about it.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:35 am

Speaking of warehouse jobs I recently saw where they assemble all of Callaway's clubs. It was like entering the mothership.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:14 am

Final paycheck came in the mail today. Was about $600 bigger than average (and came a week earlier than normal, obviously because I quit lol) because of my paid time off I never used and for holiday pay that was calculated in. Gonna deposit it tomorrow. Might actually get another "final" paycheck because I think I made pay-out for my sales figures. Wouldn't be more than $200 and would likely take 1-4 weeks to show up, but it'd still be cool to get, especially since it'll obviously be a while before my new job's paychecks start to roll in.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:22 am

Your new job sounds better. Pretty decent hours and three days off a week would be sweet. If the pay cut is too major at least you could look for part time work to do in your three days off.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:02 am

Probably gettin fired now lol. I really don't want to, I like the job I have. I just suck at it though, can't make the quota. I keep gettin conflicting information about transferring departments, though. I've asked during the interview as well as the training week, and now most recently during the last two "meetings" ("get better or get fired" but nicer lol) about transferring, and if it's necessary to have seniority or just a plus. Before the final day comes, which would be in a month or less, I'm gonna have to schedule my own for real meeting about this and I think apply for a department transfer.

If that doesn't go through...I've never been fired from a job before, ever. Almost curiously excited about how it might feel. Also never been on unemployment, which I'm ashamed to admit is also strangely intriguing. Really don't know what I'd do about money though, cuz that wouldn't be enough by itself. My bills each month, not even including gas or food, are $1350.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:28 pm

If you get fired you don't get unemployment.

But sucks you'll get fired from your dream job. Sad
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:49 am

They actually consider it getting "let go" for not passing the probationary period. My friend was "let go" for the exact same reason I'm likely to be and he's getting his gubmint cheeze.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Ah. Congrats then.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:37 pm

yup. just got shitcanned today.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:46 pm

I just had an interview with some marketing firm. I don't know what they do exactly but I'd possibly be down if I got hired. The biggest problem is they are 30 miles away in one direction so that's a hell of a trip to and from work every day.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:50 pm

That, or more, is what tons of people do everyday...for 40-60K+ per year though, lol.

I mailed four more state apps today, and bought some tux shirts and ties for the valet thing.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 9:26 pm

They were supposed to call today if I got the job. Didn't get a call so I guess I didn't get the job. :p
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:49 pm

That was actually the parameter of employment? Call on exactly Friday and you got the job?

Call them on Monday anyway. Can't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Well I had the interview today, after the interview she said she'd call between 4:30 and 5:30 after she reviewed all the resumes and picked people.

This isn't the first time someone told me that and I didn't get a call, so I'm pretty sure I didn't get the job. I don't really mind because the commute kind of sucks. I just need to apply for jobs so I can keep getting unemployment. Tongue
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:36 pm

EDD was hassling me at first, asking for employment search logs and even making me go to two group meetings and two one-on-one meetings in addition to the regular stuff of registering online and uploading a profile and resume. Then they fucked up my first three checks. Ever since then though they've taken it easy on me, not even asking for employment search logs or anything. Guess they realized they were giving me a hard time lol.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 2:35 pm

Ugh, I'm starting to really dislike what may or may not be my "boss". That's what's frustrating: I can't tell if I'm ever actually going to work for these people or not.

My first experience with them was my friend who works for them telling me to drop in there at 11:00 a.m. to talk to the boss. I do that, and it just feels weird immediately. The "office" is so dilapidated and barren, it looks like it was hastily halfway emptied in a robbery years back and then nothing happened after. Felt like I was going to be an unaware victim in a SAW movie.

So I see some guy after standing at the front desk for a few minutes and the guy tells me that, "You missed training. It starts at 10:15." I was like, "Oh, my friend who works here said to just drop in at this time so I could see if you were even hiring in the first place and ask some questions about the job." Then he asked me if I already filled out the application and brought my DMV driving history report. I was like, "Uhhh...no." Then he told me to talk to the secretary about getting that stuff and come back next week with all those things. I was thinking to myself, "Well, yeah, ok. But what about those questions I had for you?" but I didn't ask that, because there was one more pertinent question at that time to ask while he was walking away from me, like, "Uh, so, where is the secretary?" Turns out she wasn't in the building, and the place she was supposed to be was RIGHT IN FRONT OF WHERE WE WERE STANDING. He told me to talk to somebody who should have been in front of my face, didn't tell me that, and walked away until I called him back. I eventually got the papers and left.

So I come back the next week with all the papers and find out that it really is just turning in the papers and then watching a 100-minute training video. There's no interview, not even a quiz or Q&A after the video. The video finished and nobody came in to get me and the other guy who were watching it. We eventually had to leave the "training room" and find the dude and tell him the video was over. Then he just said to call, "In the morning" the next week and see if he had any work for us. I asked some questions before he could walk away again though, as he was clearly ready to leave and ignore us again. So I got some info on what kind of attire to get and where to get it.

So I called this Monday morning at 10:00 a.m., and he tells me rather angrily, "If you're looking for work you need to call between 11:00 a.m. and noon." I'm about ready to freak, just thinking, "Why the fuck weren't you specific about that if it mattered? All you told me was to 'Call me in the morning,'" so I called a little before the supposed weekly training starts. It's what made sense to me.

So I call back, and he says he's got something for me on Saturday. I'm like, "Great, anything else possibly before that as well?" He says he's busy and has to go and to call back at 3:00 p.m., so I do. No answer. In fact, his phone is turned off. I call again a few minutes later, it actually rings this time, but only once and back to voice mail. I leave a message. I send him a text message about fifteen minutes later, because that's what his voicemail suggested, and my friend even said that that's sometimes the only way you can get him in a conversation. He sends me a text message at 6:30 p.m. telling me to call Wednesday morning at 11:00.

So here we are. I call. he answers. He asks for my full name and phone number. WTF? He's seen my application papers, had two conversations with me in person, talked with me on the phone a few times, and sent a couple text messages back and forth on his iPHONE with CONTACT LISTS and CALLER ID. HOW THE FUCK DOES HE NOT KNOW MY NAME OR PHONE NUMBER!? Then, when asking about work before Saturday, the whole reason I called in the first place, he says, "Well, I'll call you by Friday if I need you on Saturday." I fucking thought I was calling for more work than Saturday. Nope. Calling to see if I can get work on Saturday period.

fuck. I'm gonna be pissed if I only get random, infrequent lightweight gigs and have to jaw so much with this idiot. I'll be even more pissed if they don't want to have me work at all, wasting time and gas and the fifty bucks to buy the USED and NONREFUNDABLE tuxedo work attire.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Yeah sounds pretty shitty. But did your friend have to go though all this too? She should have warned you.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:27 pm

I know my friend does lots of drugs and I'm pretty sure this guy does too, that's why I think they get along. All she's ever said about him is how cool he is, just mentioning that starting out is hard but once you're "in" it's cool. Didn't specifically mention anything about the hiring process, just how it was for the first few jobs or so.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Well I guess since he didn't ask for a drug test he probably does them himself. You should do some research into the place and see if the place is legit or just a drug front or some scam that you'll see revealed on the 6 o'clock news. Tongue
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:07 pm

I know they're legit as a valet company can be, and I don't think they're shady exactly (like how I thought of Enterprise and Aftermath-the cleaner job), but I guess they just might be sheisty. They're clearly very small and are just interested in making money, which is all I want to do. That's what I figured before though, too, and what was attractive about it: low-key, low pressure work with a decent schedule and decent pay.

Although,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:21 pm

Don't you work for tips if your a Valet?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:42 pm

yeah, and?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:57 pm

So I wonder how the company makes money.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:34 pm

The venues/events pay them to be there and/or there's a valet fee, usually $3-10 to park. Plus they do other stuff like limo service and traffic control.

Which brings me to a phone call I received this afternoon...fucker calls me and asks again about me being available on Saturday. I tell him yes. He tells me the time and the place and what to wear and to get there early for stuff like a staff meeting about the day and etc.. I say Okay cool, thank you and I'll see you there. Then before he hangs up he slips this one in on me: "Oh and by the way this isn't a valet job it's traffic control this time. See you there."

I almost flipped out. Traffic control only pays $10.00/hour and there's obviously no tips. I'm starting to fucking hate this guy and maybe even this company.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:25 pm

Well it doesn't sound very organized, more like freelance work so if you quit it sounds pretty easy to do. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: