The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:46 pm

I guess it's just kinda ran by assholes that are full of themselves. Just think they're too cool for school to help out a noob or something. And yeah, maybe almost a little like freelance I guess, or maybe "on call with 3-5 days warning" lol.

That's another part about why I thought it sounded cool, though. Basically, from how it was explained to me, was you take what you can get (that's not to say take T.C. jobs though, I was still under the impression that they'd at least still be valet gigs) to start and always show up on time to jobs that you said you would. That would make you in good with the boss, so that you can have a little more control and say in jobs you want so that you could basically make your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want.

A friend of mine just started pizza delivery for Round Table and he's telling me it's cool, even for just starting out. He gets minimum wage plus $1.50 per delivery plus tips obviously. He likes it because he's not obligated to do much if he's not delivering, maybe fold some boxes in the back here and there, and when he's delivering he just gets to drive around and listen to music and collect decent tips. Making it sound good to me except for the part about how I have a low-mileage lease on a new car that I don't want to fuck up and rack up too many miles on.

Last edited by roughdraft_zero on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 12:46 am

Guys to full of themselves, reminds me of when I tried to get a job at Macy's. This was for the women's store and it was for cosmetics counter worker or something, but he also gave the option of doing anything else. So all of the applicants are women, and the person doing the interviews is a guy (of course).

So he seems like an asshole but only asks me two questions. He asks, "Can you work weekends," I tell him, "yes." The second question, "can you work overnights," I say, "I can do that." Then he tells me, "there's no place for you here." WTF? I felt it was as if he thought he was the queen bee or something and didn't want any other dudes encroaching on his territory.

All the other people got to go to a different department, they were all excited saying what they got. The dude even said I could work other departments but instead just outright rejects me. It was fucked up. I still can't believe that guy.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:12 am

When I was 19 that shit kinda happened to me with the men's shoe department at Nordstrom's (lol department stores). First interview went well and all and eventually ended up getting the second interview which also went well. I was told to expect the third interview to be more of an overview of the store and operation, almost like training, because I had done so well with the second interviewer and he also commented about how much praise I got from the first interviewer whom he trusts a lot. So I get there and it's just like he said, basically just walking the warehouse, finding out how inventory works and the shipping schedule, how to work with customers and the types who come in, selling strategies, etc.. Get done with all that and the girl giving me the tour says, "Well, hope it sounds interesting enough. Welcome aboard. Your meeting with the store manager is at the second floor customer service center."

I go up there and it's some Cruella Deville lookin bitch that clearly makes too much money who sits me down and grills the shit out of me, asking about my present job and if I would keep it, what kind of job it was, if I was still going to school full time, and what sales experience I had. It lasted all of two minutes though and then she says, "Thank you for your time but we're looking for somebody with more experience."

I was like, "Damn, woulda been a lot better if everybody was a bitch up front instead of super nice and leading me on and everything."
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:42 am

Yeah that sounds like a cock tease. At least mine was only on one visit. So far all my rejections have been one visit. Many of them are the, "I have some more interviews later today and I'll call you later" kind, and all of them involve me not getting a call.

I figure if they say that you automatically won't get the job and if you got the job they'll tell you on the spot. Tongue
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:54 am

I kinda learned a lesson from that first batch of state applications I sent in (five), where I just saw them posted and sent them in and heard nothing back and that was it. I don't even remember what departments they were for anymore. Since then though I've been making copies of the job posting and contact info and am finally gonna start doing that whole, "follow up and check to make sure you got my application and see how things are going" stuff that I've always been told to do but never bothered. I should call the "second wave" (another five) on Monday while also looking/applying for more.

I don't know why, but I actually kind of thought that sending out five apps was a lot and thought I was gonna get at least callbacks from all of them. I think part of it was the State employee who gave me advice made it sound TOO entry level to the point that she made me think I was the shit and that they'd be begging me to let them hire me. The other part was probably that I still had some decent money saved up and wasn't really starting to worry yet. Here I am now only two months later, receiving unemployment checks on the regular, and that savings account is cut in half Worried
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 3:45 pm

I feel your pain. Tongue
Luckily the amount of unemployment I get is around as much as I spend per month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne   Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Probably gettin uh'nuther jobbe agayne
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: