The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book

Go down 
+7
GROCERIES
Abnormal Freak
jeffnogo
RespawnedDemon
roughdraft_zero
IAmHeavenSent
Loxx O)))
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 5:16 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
GROCERIES wrote:
roughdraft_zero wrote:
Use it to your advantage and tutor a broad that chooses to show her gratitude sexually, like I did that one time.

GO ON...........
I'm pretty sure I've told this story a few times, so I'll shorten it:

In elementary statistics class at a CC about five years ago. The instructor is old and senile, teaches the book verbatim, and is hard to understand his speech as well as his handwriting. Students with questions are told to read the book or "Just use the calculator," and no real help or guidance is ever really given. Half the people drop the class or are failing after the first of four tests. By the time the second test is given, the class size is about 15 from the original 40. We're handed back our second tests (midterms) and the girl next to me (who I'd pretty much been eyeing since the class started lol) has like a 35 or something and asks all the people around her their scores, very few of them even with passing grades. Lastly she asks me my score, and I show her my 95. She asks how I did it, and I say that I just know the calculator well. She says I'm going to tutor her, and I do. We spend time in the math center before class once a week together doing homework, and then also a few days at my house redoing quiz and test problems and just getting her to use the calculator better, but that mostly just turned into bullshitting around, just kickin it. She gets Bs on the rest of her tests and ends up with a C in the class. The class ends, and I ask her what she's doing for New Year's. We decide to combine forces for New Year's celebrations, but some family stuff came up for her so she took me out to a club a few days after New Year's. Then we banged several times for a few weeks. The end.

You should have banged her on top of the schoolwork you guys had to do.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Oh... something else to add... Maybe I said this already? I don't know... Group presentations for Systems Analysis? My fucking group didn't do ANYTHING. They didn't even read the chapter. One guy doesn't even have the god damn book for the class.

I had to give them the fucking parts for our presentation tomorrow. Plain The test is TOMORROW. Our presentation is TOMORROW. What the fuck is wrong with these people? If they do this shit again next week, I'm telling the teacher I'm presenting my shit solo. I'm doing all the damn work anyway.

And I did all the work myself ahead of time in anticipation that these fuck tards wouldn't do their part and my grade isn't going to suffer because of their shit.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:13 pm

THAT is why i hate group work.

In a class last semester, we had 4 people to a group. one member of my group was a starter on the football team, so I assume he was accustomed to people doing all the work for him. So. We covered his ass, as best we could. He didn't even fucking show up on the day of the presentation. We actually kind of preferred that, though. I just covered his ONE slide (of 15) because I'd written his script anyway.

I do appreciate when teachers give each member a different grade based on group members' evaluations. However, I'm rarely man enough to write on those things that people did nothing and deserve an awful grade. The aforementioned situation is an exception to that rule, though. I BUTCHERED him on that evaluation.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:39 pm

Yeah, I don't really wanna fuck up their chances at completing the class... I just don't want to do the damn work for them.

And did any of you just tell me to ignore them? Or was that my girlfriend?

Anyway, I had my headphones on and my iPod was sitting in front of me on my desk. I was enjoying Weakling's Dead As Dreams. So that's kind of a "Hey, don't bother me. I'm blocking you people out." kind of thing, yeah? Apparently not... People will still touch me or wave their hands in front of me to get my attention.

Jeeeeesus. Some of these people that I'm helping WRITE DOWN what I'm telling them. Then they'll ask the next time we have class and write it down again. Instead of bugging me, why the hell can't they just look at their notes? It's ridiculous. And someone people will ask me how to do stuff that's on the test. Like... the command code they're asking me for is actually a question on the test. I just kind of look at them and say "I can't tell you that. It's on the test." And sometimes I tell them it's in their notes... but no, I still get the same question 5 minutes later.

Yep... this is going to be my bitching thread.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Oh yeah... I keep my notes for the class in a wordpad document on the computer. The guy that sits right beside me was doing the same. He checked and saw that they got deleted on his computer today. So I open mine up and tell him to just copy those. You know, just being a nice guy. Basically, my notes are just command lines and order of operations type stuff. Exactly the kind of thing we have on tests... and he doesn't want to copy them? I... just don't know.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Dont wait till next time do it now, really FUCK THEM let their asses fail for not doing shit

I was a slacker in school and even I didnt pull that shit

If they cant do any work themselves they are going to fail anyway and have no business in the class or getting a job requiring them to use what the class teaches.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:46 pm

I should. I just hate being a bad guy in real life. Well, maybe it's more because I have to sit next to them and see them every day. I feel really uncomfortable in social situations and doing something like that would make me feel even worse about being around people.

I was a slacker in high school and college up until this point. And now that I've decided this is where I want to be with my career, I'm trying to take charge of things and do this right. The one thing I truly hope is that when everyone leaves school that none of these people ever make more money than me. That would piss me off a great deal.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:18 am

yaaaaaay being an introvert in an extrovert's world.

at least that is what this said to me.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:59 am

Pretty much. Until I actually got a job programming. Then I'd be off to myself doing my own thing.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:52 am

I did that on my third midterm in probability theory. Didn't study and got a 95 or something. Only missed a half mark because I fucked up some algebra.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:36 pm

Okay. So one guy did some work. He did his question that he was supposed to, then he offered to do another one that I didn't complete. So basically, we both did two pages each.

Then I gave the group our schedule for next week. Read the chapter this week, Monday we assign parts, Tuesday we put our parts together so it's mostly done, then Wednesday we do the final bit as a group project.

We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:07 pm

So... I'm already in a bad mood today. Apparently I forgot to set my alarm last night... then my brother didn't bother waking me up when I was already late for class. I'm lost on this fucking work we're supposed to be doing right now... we're getting no help or guidance. So I'm pissed off with this programming stuff.

Yesterday, no one but me had done anything with this week's group project. If those cock suckers haven't done anything yet... I'm going solo. I'm tired of this shit.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Greeeat. One of the guys just left before our meeting started.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book   Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Took a test I didn't study for or really even look at the book
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2