The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.

Go down 
+9
Cghost21
roughdraft_zero
GROCERIES
Loxx O)))
Clinton70
Ancient Rune
jeffnogo
tuggernuts
Hollow_Viscus
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. Empty
PostSubject: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:25 am

Forbes released their list for most miserable cities CA has 8 cities on the list and 5 in the top ten. Laugh

20. Bakersfield, CA
19. Jacksonville, FL
18. Salinas, CA
17. Fresno, CA
16. Washington, DC
15. Detroit, MI
14. Youngstown, OH
13. Fort Lauderdale, FL
12. Toledo, OH
11. Flint, MI
10. Cleveland, OH
9. Vallejo, CA
8. West Palm Beach, FL
7. Chicago, IL
6. Memphis, TN
5. Sacramento CA
4. Modesto, CA
3. Merced, CA
2. Miami, FL
1. Stockton, CA
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. Empty
PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:28 am

Kind of surprised that Flint and Detroit aren't higher.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:26 am

I wouldn't have expected Fort Lauderdale to be on there. Also, it's kind of amusing to see Chicago on there. It's not the greatest place, but I wouldn't know why it would be so much more miserable than most places.

The CA thing is interesting, though, as a recent article I read said that Mission Viejo, CA is the happiest place in the US.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:41 am

That list fucking sucks, Detroit and Cleveland are the two shitiest cities in America so not having them at the top makes it complete bullshit

Oh and where the hell is Los Angeles. As for Mission Viejo, CA being the happiest place in the US, is because its full of fucking potheads, of course they are going to be fucking happy.

Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:27 am

Not sure why chicago (maybe traffic and shit and highway system lol) and memphis are on there. Mem is always a good time.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:40 am

Memphis has a lot of slums and such.

It's a pretty rat ass town, you can go there for entertainment like concerts or Beale Street... but you don't want to live there.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:44 am

New Orleans is shit too
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Definitely.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
GROCERIES

GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:13 pm

No cities from Texas? We the best mayne. We deed eet.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:09 pm

That's because people in Texas are so fucking deluded.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:26 pm

only five minutes outside of #5, fuck yeah, make 'em say Uhhhhhh.

List is pretty funny for how depressing it should be. I always looked at the bottom of Northern California to sort of be the start of a descending ladder to the most depressing and shitty places. It starts with Galt and Wilton, then further south and further shittier there's Lodi, then Stockton, then Modesto, then Turlock, then Merced, then Fresno, each all shittier than the last, and the capper for the most desolate, dried out crusty asshole of a town, is Bakersfield.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:56 pm

I knew someone that lived in Fresno. He said it was awesome. Mind you his parents were millionaires and he was probably the most stuck up cock stain I've ever met.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:12 pm

I don't know how Fresno would be tolerable even if you had money. But even if you somehow found it liveable, you should just use that money to get the fuck out of Fresno.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:04 pm

Any place in Central California is not awesome. It's like a rest stop for the good cities. Tongue
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:43 pm

jeffnogo wrote:

I am deeply offended.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:26 am

^^And gay.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:45 pm

jeffnogo wrote:

he has a point

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fred Durst Society of the Humanities and Arts, yea who didnt know that shit was going to win a poll in a landslide

Now that I think about it this is a fucking perfect name for waste management system
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Compared to the rest of the place, Austin isn't that bad.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 5:35 pm

They clearly didn't even consider MS. Too much misery to pinpoint cities.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:41 am

I live in California, but all those Californian cities I've never been to.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:29 am

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
Forbes released their list for most miserable cities CA has 8 cities on the list and 5 in the top ten. Laugh

20. Bakersfield, CA
19. Jacksonville, FL
18. Salinas, CA
17. Fresno, CA
16. Washington, DC
15. Detroit, MI
14. Youngstown, OH
13. Fort Lauderdale, FL
12. Toledo, OH
11. Flint, MI
10. Cleveland, OH
9. Vallejo, CA
8. West Palm Beach, FL
7. Chicago, IL
6. Memphis, TN
5. Sacramento CA
4. Modesto, CA

3. Merced, CA
2. Miami, FL
1. Stockton, CA

been to the bolded areas and I can easily say Chicago was the most depressing... I was in the gay district supposedly (was on vacation, picked hotel close to wrigley field/metro/kumas) but it was so cold and windy...cigarettes were 3 bucks a pack more than over in cali (not a smoker, but I just checked). Modesto has a pretty big gang/crew problem so I guess it can be pretty miserable if you get mugged or killed
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:15 pm

I loved Chicago when I was there earlier this week.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 3:59 pm

wtf are you talking about Chicago is awesome. One of my favorite places I've ever visited.
Back to top Go down
NightTimeMirror

NightTimeMirror

Title : you know what time it is

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:49 pm

Ancient Rune wrote:
Oh and where the hell is Los Angeles.
wat
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:44 pm

like I said I was in the gay district. For all I know there are nicer parts of Chicago. Can't base SF on the tenderloin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.   California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

California takes the cake when it comes to America's most miserable cities.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next