The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Church tomorrow

Go down 
+5
Abnormal Freak
tuggernuts
IAmHeavenSent
Hollow_Viscus
Loxx O)))
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:05 am

I'm a sad fucking panda... So, I'm agnostic but I really don't care for religion. I rarely ever go to church for any reason. Last weekend my dad sent me a text message talking about what an honor it would be for him if I showed up at church with them this Sunday... Blah, blah, blah. Rather lengthy text. So I thought if it really meant that much to him, I'll go.

And you know what? A few days ago I found out this church is having this contest type shit. Whichever section of the church is full of people gets a free rib meal. Man... I was fucking offended. He went on this little mini speech about honoring him by coming with him and it was all for some stupid fucking free meal? Jesus. That would have been cool. I don't like going to church, but I would have gone if he really just wanted me to go with him this once. But then I find out he's using me for some church contest? Ugh...

I'm still going out of respect but this makes me really not want to go tomorrow. Fucking bullshit.

Really, it's not the churches fault. I just hate being deceived like that.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:13 am

You don't want any ribs?
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 2:20 am

that is pretty gay. fo'real.

but in the name of God or love or whatever you want, if they get the free meal, YOU BETTER FUCKING GET SOME RIBS.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:42 am

Wow thats a bunch of bullshit. I wouldn't go if I were you.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:34 am

Yowch. Pretty lame. :\

YOU CAN COME TO CHURCH WITH ME, LOXXISNUGGLES. Hugs
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:03 pm

I can burn it down for you, ive done it 4 times before
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:16 pm

I went. It was strange. They really were treating it all like a game... ushering people into their sections and stuff. And it was a pentecostal church, btw. Lots of raised arms and yelling and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:00 pm

You should have just said you're a member of First Priority.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:13 pm

I like how the whole point of church is completely abandoned to fill seats--all to win a contest of free food. Sounds about right for Mississippi & Christianity today.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:15 pm

yeah so did you get any of dem ribs?

I'd say some free ribs would be a good enough trade if you weren't planning to sleep in and didn't have anything else to do for an hour, false propositions be damned.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:43 pm

An hour? More like 2 and a half.

And... it went like this... the section I was in did get it. But then someone that is a member of the church owns a car dealership and offered to pay for food for the rest. And it didn't even go down today. It's for March 5th... and they gave us tickets so we can get in the door that night.

Blah... and people were asking me if I was coming back and what not. It was awkward. Lots of touching and shaking of hands... ah...
Back to top Go down
NightTimeMirror

NightTimeMirror

Title : you know what time it is

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:30 pm

I know were all vber-gr1m religion bashers here, but in all honesty, 99% of the people you'll meet at mass on Sunday are good folks. and while most of the mythology is laughable, there's a lot of good stuff to take away from Christianity.

fucking hell, listen to me. brb gotta sacrifice a virgin real quick.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Most of the people that talked to me that I know... yeah, they were nice. Do they ever act like that towards me outside of a church? No.

That's one problem I have with it. Everyone acts all prim and proper and puts on this act... but then they'll be a complete douche to you when you see them elsewhere. I'm not saying that's everyone... but it happens a lot around here. People just like to have the title of Christian or whatever and not actually live up to those standards. The religions themselves I've got no problem with. I don't believe it, but whatever. It's all these hypocrites that I've got the problem with. But this is all another argument.
Back to top Go down
NightTimeMirror

NightTimeMirror

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:47 pm

IMO thats kind of the point of church. People are standoffish and mistrustful by nature like any animal. Church is one of those communal things that brings them together, like sporting events or movies. You'll meet and chat with people who would never even look at you on the street, because you're sharing something powerful.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Doesn't religion teach you to be like that all the time... not just on Sundays?
Back to top Go down
NightTimeMirror

NightTimeMirror

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:05 pm

I can change almost anything...but I cant change human nature.

- Dr. Manhattan
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:11 pm

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots.

-Jeebus
Back to top Go down
NightTimeMirror

NightTimeMirror

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm too drunk...to taste this chicken.

- Colonel Sanders
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Church burnings and all these things are, of course, things that I support 100 percent and it should have been done much more and will be done much more in the future. We have to remove every trace from what Christianity and the Semitic roots have to offer this world.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oops wrong persona

Last edited by Ancient Rune on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NightTimeMirror

NightTimeMirror

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:06 pm

I used to watch that documentary all the time in high school. Gaahl is one interesting motherfucker...or rather, fatherfucker.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:23 pm

He's not gay. He just doesn't discriminate. Or do I have that wrong?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:37 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
Most of the people that talked to me that I know... yeah, they were nice. Do they ever act like that towards me outside of a church? No.

That's one problem I have with it. Everyone acts all prim and proper and puts on this act... but then they'll be a complete douche to you when you see them elsewhere. I'm not saying that's everyone... but it happens a lot around here. People just like to have the title of Christian or whatever and not actually live up to those standards. The religions themselves I've got no problem with. I don't believe it, but whatever. It's all these hypocrites that I've got the problem with. But this is all another argument.

Lotta churches are like that, sadly enough. The Christian message is lost to the United States masses.

Thankfully, at my church, the people aren't phony. They don't just act all, "Hihowareyawelcomeaboard!" They genuinely care about people and act out their faith like Christians ought to, outside of the church, serving the communities around them. I mean, sure, there probably are some douchebags and fakes...but those people are everywhere. Why they even bother to go to church, though, I don't understand. If I didn't earnestly follow Christianity, I wouldn't waste my time going to church. Being a "Christian" is such a cultural thing in this country; Christian in name only; a meaningless title.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:41 pm

agreed Abs
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:44 pm

Yeah, pretty much. A lot of people just adopt the title and go because it's what is expected of them. I don't really get it. They should actually step back and consider what that means and if they want to do it. I just really just don't understand these people that go and claim it's a part of their lives when they apparently don't give two shits about it. And that's really sad. There are people that just blindly go about it without taking anything into consideration... and me... I wanted to believe in something. I really did. I tried. I went to church and I tried to find some meaning or peace... but the more I looked into it the further I got away from it. And I don't know... those other douchebags go and they have peace in being a hypocrite about it. Ah, how do they do it? ha
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:56 pm

That's why I rarely go to church. Organized worship not only discourages me, but it also turns away "outsiders"... The hypocrisy drives me insane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Church tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church tomorrow   Church tomorrow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Church tomorrow
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next