The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opinions again

Go down 
+2
RespawnedDemon
Loxx O)))
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Opinions again Empty
PostSubject: Opinions again   Opinions again I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:56 pm

Alright... So the packaging for the Lance of Longinus cd. I ordered parchment and have aged it myself, I've got burned discs that I'm painting with spray paint made specifically for plastics and it's one that I've read works well with cds, and finally, the parchment is sealed with wax. (They're in black cd sleeves as well, but that's not so special). Here is my question... considering the packaging, would you think it would be cool to have copies where everything was handwritten by myself? Or should I just use printed type.

I plan on doing both versions of the cd with the handwritten ones being in limited quantities. I'm just trying to judge how many of the handwritten ones to do. It's kind of time consuming as I'm using a bottle of ink and a feather quill. Fancy, I know. No real special reason, I just thought it would be a nifty idea. Anyway, yeah...

Handwritten copies: Cool idea? Or not so much?
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

Opinions again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions again   Opinions again I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Cool, but it sounds like too much work.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

Opinions again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions again   Opinions again I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:12 am

Do you mean "printed type" as in on a computer and printed out, or on an actual typewriter? Cuz I think hand-written and hand-typed are equally cool.

I'd say the whole hand-writing every one (how many copies are we talking here, by the way?) is cool but might not totally be worth your time, so making it for only a limited quantity might be a good idea. If your hand-writing you do isn't all that cool then it's probably not really worth it at all though, lol.

But really, if a band's putting in the effort to make music I find interesting and enjoyable, it's kind of just a really nice bonus to get cool artwork and packaging. I just like it when bands put in any effort to make packaging cool...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...well, maybe not "any" effort lol.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

Opinions again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions again   Opinions again I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:40 am

Yeah, my handwriting isn't that cool. I'm thinking of just having like 10 being handwritten and those will be given on request. No additional cost or anything. Just in case someone likes the novelty of it.

But I meant printed as in computer. Sorry... I really didn't know how I should phrase it when I was typing. And honestly, the printed ones look much better. Again, the handwritten is more novelty than anything.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

Opinions again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions again   Opinions again I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:41 am

That handwritten one was my first attempt, by the way... so yeah... it's pretty crappy looking. Tongue
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

Opinions again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions again   Opinions again I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:51 am

Yeah, stick with the printed one. The font looks close enough to hand written anyways.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

Opinions again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions again   Opinions again I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:58 am

Indeed.

Still need my wax before I can start selling. Ah...
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

Opinions again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions again   Opinions again I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:10 am

I likes 'em both, actually. But to break it down, I like the hand-written cover better and the typed inlet better. I'm sure that does tons to help you decide which route to go Tongue
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

Opinions again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions again   Opinions again I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:02 am

All handwritten. Don't be a nigger.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

Opinions again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions again   Opinions again I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:18 am

LET ME SLAP TOGETHER SOME WOODEN BOXES AND THIS SHIT WILL BE KVLT.

Tongue
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

Opinions again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions again   Opinions again I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:13 am

Exactly. Self taught carpentry nigga.

And by self taught, I mean dad taught.
Back to top Go down
NightTimeMirror

NightTimeMirror

Title : you know what time it is

Opinions again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions again   Opinions again I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:50 pm

and by dad taught, you mean you were molested
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opinions again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions again   Opinions again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions again
Page 1 of 1