The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?

Go down 
+6
Ancient Rune
tuggernuts
Shrike
Electroretard
roughdraft_zero
Loxx O)))
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is something I thought of that might look cool. Just a kind of symbol with the two L's facing each other and then the 'of' in the center. Really, just something to look nice.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And this one that's written out is pretty similar to the one I'm currently using, but with a bit more flare to it.

Leslie drew both of those. She's currently working on making a t-shirt with the designs on them to see how it turns out. After she's done with that, I'll get a paper with the drawings on them to scan and alter/spruce up. I know before it was said that the elegant type font looked nice but didn't exactly fit the style... but I'm just digging the way it looks.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:59 am

I like them both. Don't know if you're trying to decide if you should use one or the other, but you should use both.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:05 am

Both of them would be used. The first as just kind of a symbol/shorthand logo, the other would also be displayed on whatever to see the full name.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:26 am

I like the first one. First logo on the album sleeve, second on the spine.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:22 pm

I prefer the first one. Second one gives my Cursive Black Metal vibes, which isn't really representative of what LOL sounds like.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:45 pm

I personally don't like either of them, but I'm not a fan of that style of logo in general. I especially don't think it really fits the doom/sludge sound.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Yea stop with the hipster fonts
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:43 pm

You guys fuck with me and Lance will just be a hipster black metal band. Not Talking

Actually no... the new stuff I've been working on is very doomy. And heavy as fuuuuck. Tongue I just can't do the hipster black metal thing well.
Back to top Go down
khemchee
VIP
khemchee

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 2:21 pm

just finished the larger logo for the shirts.. woo.
should have them done by the end of the month. ill have to take pics, and have zachary post them. so far the one i am working on now looks quite nice, in my opinion..
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Yeah, any of you bros think you'd be interested in a t-shirt?

It's going to be that first logo on the upper center portion of the back with the second logo across the front. I think they'll be either tan or white shirts.
Back to top Go down
khemchee
VIP
khemchee

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 5:11 pm

What? gonna make me make more? haha..
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 5:11 pm

If people want to buy Lance of Longinus shirts? Yes.

I had to make each and every cd by hand.
Back to top Go down
khemchee
VIP
khemchee

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Youre lucky i love you..
Back to top Go down
khemchee
VIP
khemchee

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 5:54 pm

If people actually order shirts, i wanna figure out an easier way to do them.. it kinda sucks hand painting them.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Stencil.
Back to top Go down
khemchee
VIP
khemchee

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Thought about that.. but i dunno if i wanna make one.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Have them embroidered at Callaway golf. Flag
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:15 pm

khemchee wrote:
Thought about that.. but i dunno if i wanna make one.
Then do them all the slow way, then.
Back to top Go down
khemchee
VIP
khemchee

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:34 pm

I said i would figure it out.
Back to top Go down
khemchee
VIP
khemchee

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:14 pm

woo, just bought some more shirts. thinking i will work on them tonight and at least get the one i started on finished.. have a few ideas in my head.. i guess ill see how it looks when i try them out.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Nevermind. No new shirts. Despite her claims of being an artist, she fucking sucks at drawing anything. The shirt she showed me looked god awful. I tried to be nice about it by saying it looked a little rough and asked if she would do any more work to it. This pissed her off... so fuck it. No Lance of Longinus shirts.

I actually did post pictures of it saying it was just the first try... but she got all pissy so I took that down.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:49 pm

why the hell is she drawing on a shirt? The designs are decent, just fucking stencil them with spray paint or acrylic/fabric paint, or better yet silk screen if you have one. I'm not in the least bit artistically inclined and I've made dozens of shirts that way and it's almost impossible to fuck them up. They always come out decent if your design itself is good and you're not an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:56 pm

She had acrylic paint. And she got pissy at me for saying that they looked rough and asking if she was going to work on them anymore. That was rude to her. She said I could have been nicer.

Jesus fucking christ.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:03 pm

Wouldn't acrylic paint wash off?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:09 pm

According to her? No. But oh well. None of them are being done. Just a couple of shitty versions were done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?   Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Working on some new Lance of Longinus logos - opinions?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next