The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download

Go down 
+2
RespawnedDemon
Loxx O)))
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download Empty
PostSubject: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lance of Longinus Black, Vol. 1

1. Escape by Dawn
2. House Behind The Painted Veil
3. Pronouncing Doom
4. Broken Spirit

Total runtime is 38 minutes.

So, the cd is now available for purchase physically or digitally. Physical copies are $10. As you can see from the pictures, they are wrapped in parchment and sealed with black wax.

If anyone is interested in getting a physical copy, just send me a message via the board. Also, the physical copies are in limited supply.

For digital copies just go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] There you can download the tracks individually for free, if you wish. Or, you can buy the whole cd in a bundle for $5. The bundle comes with the art for a t-shirt design that's coming later and the lyrics in a text file. Not much, I know... but if you feel like supporting the option is there. It did cost me money to get these cds made so any donation is appreciated.

If you've got any other questions about the cd or whatever dealing with Lance of Longinus, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Congrats dude.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Grats. I'll maybe get one as soon as the 1st job picks back up.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:36 am

just dun listened to it.

First song I rocked out to hardcore. After that it was just playing and I kind of zoned out to it, which I think could maybe serve as a compliment since you're doomin. Thinks you got a pretty good knack for atmosphere.

I should listen again maybe when I'm less sick and more rested and can focus better.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:15 am

Thanks, RD.

Clint, if you ever want to support me and buy a copy I'll make sure there is one reserved for you. Tongue

Thanks r_z. You know, I really enjoyed writing the Lance of Longinus stuff and I enjoyed listening to it myself... but I've been really surprised by the positive feedback I've gotten from some of you guys. Everyone keeps saying that I'm really good at creating atmosphere and such and that's awesome. Tongue Also, I'm really glad that people are liking the black metal type stuff I wrote. Considering I was once a hater and now a convert, ha.

But really, I appreciate you guys checking out my stuff and giving me feedback. It does mean a lot.

And if you ever feel like giving it another go with some new opinions or thoughts on it, I'd love to hear it.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:46 pm

I SHALL NOT LISTEN UNTIL MY COPY COMES IN THE MAIL
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Hope you like it, brah.

My guess is you should get by Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:27 pm

BTW, Lance of Longinus is on Metal Archives. So if anyone wants to write a review or anything... Tongue I'd tell Kurt but my production values are too good for his liking... and he never posts here anymore.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 4:32 am

So, I had finally decided that the only labels I would try submitting to are Profound Lore and Southern Lord. I've sent emails to both of them asking about submissions so I'll see what happens. If neither of them want Lance of Longinus, I'll make do on my own.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:02 am

That's a very lofty and also very limiting requirement you've set up for yourself. I'm sure there's plenty of other smaller labels more likely to listen to and deal with you if those two aren't interested or responsive. Not that I don't think you could indeed make do on your own, but just that if a label is something you'd want, why it really has to be one of those two.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:28 am

Honestly, I'm not really concerned with being on a label. I wouldn't mind being associated with those two, though. I may change my mind in the future and submit to smaller labels. At the moment, though, it's not one of my big concerns. thanks for the confidence with lesser labels :p
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:43 am

Just got it in the mail today. Will give it a listen tomorrow. Looks great though, thanks dude.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:25 pm

Glad you like it. Sorry it took a bit longer to get it to you than I expected. Let me know what you think whenever you get around to listening to it.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:44 pm

Your silence means you hate it.

BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE IT STILL LOOKS FUCKING SWEET.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:45 pm

lol I listened to it once so far and it was mostly in the background. First song is great, the rest need more of my attention to provide full judgement.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:46 pm

I'll download it sometime this week hopefully. I just went on a huge downloading fest today so I have like 40 new albums to check out
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:50 pm

Same thing roughdraft said. Laugh Maybe I should drop some of the ambient-ness of it. Tongue I really think the way those songs are structured really causes you to zone out and not pay attention. With the first track it's this ambient stuff that just really floats around. Then you get this 30 second or so riff that brings you back and it's just a "oh, here it comes" kinda thing, you know? Then it just kicks in with something that is just so simple but awesome (if I do say so myself).

I really dig the first track, too. I'm going to try to do some more atmospheric/black metal-ish stuff. It's fun to write and play.

Cool, Chad. I dunno how much you'll like it. You should give your thoughts on it if you ever get around to it. Even if some of you guys hear and hate it I wanna know what you think.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download   Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Its not entirely that though, I was playing a game at the time and I always tune out music when I'm playing games.
Back to top Go down

Lance of Longinus - Black, Vol. 1 is now available for purchase and download
Page 1 of 1