The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lookie what I got in the mail today

Go down 
+3
Hollow_Viscus
After_The_Barrel_Roll
Loxx O)))
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Lookie what I got in the mail today Empty
PostSubject: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That would be:

Bloodgorge t-shirt
Dark Castle patches
2 Genital Evisceration cds (one colored, one black and white)
1 Natur (Stevie Floyd's ambient project) cassette

Could I have posted this in the Haul's? Yeah... but I didn't actually pay for anything except the cassette. Stevie also included some Dark Castle stickers and a button but I've got tons of those so I did not take a picture of those.

Coooool. Today was already a pretty sweet day.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 3:23 pm

I thought you weren't a fan of grind?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 3:37 pm

I'm not, why?
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:05 pm

bloodgorge and genital evisceration sound like grindcore band names
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:34 pm

I did Genital Evisceration years ago. It's all me. Someone else printed the cds out. And Genital Evisceration was really just made as a joke. The entire first cd was just made to talk shit about a user no one liked on the IGN metal board.
I did the drums and guitars for Bloodgorge.

And I guess maybe they could be considered grindcore but not exactly. Plus,

Loxx O))) wrote:
I didn't actually pay for anything except the cassette.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:45 pm

ahh okay
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:49 pm

I don't have anything to play cassette tapes on.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:06 pm

My car has one. I'll have to take the tape out that allows me to use my iPod in there. I've heard the Natur cd already, so I'm in no rush. I just thought it was cool and wanted one.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Why the fuck do people still have cassettes?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:38 am

I would still have a bunch if they weren't lost in a move I did several years back. And I'd also have even more in that (now lost) collection if my tape PLAYER didn't get busted in yet another move. I don't actually like them, by any means, I think they suck indeed, but there's nostalgia and also just some things you can only find on tape.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:44 pm

I just thought it was cool. Looks nice as well. It was more a novelty type thing for me. I'm not sure why she decided to do cassettes. It does have a different, and better mix, than the cd. So I am kind of glad I bought it for that reason as well.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:15 pm

I used to have a ton of tapes that were just copies of CDs to play in my mom's car. There were some that got really old like this Old Man's Child one that literally started getting this underground kvlt production because the tape was getting so shitty.

It was almost like it was a completely different album than the one on CD, and sometimes I liked it better.
Back to top Go down
Iangorge
VIP
Iangorge

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:56 am

Dunno if you read the small piece of paper inside the colored GE CD, but that's the second and last one (as far as the colored prints go). Also, those shirts are fucking awesome. Came out a lot better than I thought they would. Real slammin shit, bronado.

Speaking of BDGE, have you done anything with those EP copies? If you need any more, let me know and I'll send some more.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:39 am

Nah, it's cool.

BTW, we're not friends on facebook and my appearances at message boards is dwindling lately... but my stuff got fucked up that I was recording with. During one of the last Lance of Longinus sessions my pre-amp that I run through to go into my computer fell. It landed on top of a concrete weight... I've tried it several times but I get is static-y shit whenever I try to record.

I guess it works out... I recorded like 5 cds in as many months and was burnt out. Not sure when I'm going to get it replaced. I'm finishing up school which means more work... then I'll be gone for three months with no computer.
Back to top Go down
Iangorge
VIP
Iangorge

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:13 pm

"The candle that burns twice as fast..." lol

Well, the bright side is that I'll have more time to write stuff, so at least there's something good about that. I'll just hope that this doesn't turn into that 13-years-in-the-making Guns N' Roses album, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I got in the mail today   Lookie what I got in the mail today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lookie what I got in the mail today
Page 1 of 1