The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K

Go down 
+2
tuggernuts
dcbesc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dcbesc

A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K Empty
PostSubject: A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K   A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:13 pm

He's hoping to get 1 gig of dedicated video memory, at least an i5 processor and as much ram as possible. I'm mainly trying to find out if you guys are loyal to a certain brand of PC. I was telling him to go with maybe a dell, or have a custom PC built by one of the more reputable companies that build customs.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K   A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for a good custom build kind of site. A friend of mine has bought a couple PCs from there and has loved each one.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K   A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Build.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K   A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:55 pm

build your own at newegg.
Back to top Go down
dcbesc

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K   A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:01 am

Thanks for the suggestion for ibuypower.com I'll let him know that could be an option.

As far as building -- if it were me I'd say yeah, but I really don't want to be responsible if he does something stupid and messes up a component and ends up having to troubleshoot the bitch to all hell. I've taken A+ Hardware/Software classes so I pretty much know how to build a pc though I've never done it and don't feel like being the scapegoat if something were to go wrong...
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K   A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:25 am

It's seriously easy as fuck. It's just plugging in obviously corresponding chords/slots/wires.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K   A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:24 am

build your own at newegg...or look around. I was originally going to do it all through newegg, but I ended up finding an already built computer for 800 bucks that had better specs than whatever 800 would get me from newegg
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K   A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:25 am

I also recommend looking at /g/'s chart for computer building on newegg
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K   A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:35 am

You can find some pretty good deals on Craigslist too if you're lucky and want to take the risk of that.
Back to top Go down
CnC6

CnC6

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K   A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Take a look at the Newegg daily deals; they usually have really nice prebuilt systems for around $600. I don't see any today, but keep an eye on it (link would be on the first page).
Back to top Go down
dcbesc

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K   A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 1:32 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I think my friend is buying something pre-built but I'm definitely planning on building my next system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K   A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A friend of mine is looking at buying a PC for around 1K
Page 1 of 1