The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon

Go down 
+4
Hollow_Viscus
Loxx O)))
jeffnogo
roughdraft_zero
8 posters
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon Empty
PostSubject: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:55 pm

I found out that Louis C.K. booked some short notice dates this week at Cobb's in San Francisco, six sets in total, and prices were only $25.

AND

THE

BITCH

IS

completely sold out. FUCK.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Damn, that does suck. I was pretty lucky to get to see him this past fall.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:17 pm

There was speculation by my friend who works at the Sacramento Punchline (a sister club to Cobb's) and talked to the management that he would also possibly be making stops here at some point, likely also announced a week or less before the actual dates. I was like, "Great, but there's no way I'm gonna rely on that"...turns out now I have to rely on it. Obviously, it'd be cool for it to be more local and to have the possibility of getting in for free or at least getting a few drinks for free, but I still would have preferred to go with the for sure thing rather than just wait and hope.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:22 pm

So, he's still not confirmed for coming to the Sacramento Punchline, but in three Thursdays he's coming to...Stockton lol. At least it's the Bob Hope theater, just about the only place in Stockton that's cool and would make any sense. I found out about it almost two weeks ago, and at the time the tickets that were available were I think about 30 rows back, center. Not bad. But I've been waiting for people to commit one way or another, and we finally got a group figured out today, and the best tickets available were seven rows back...stage right in the balcony lol. Fuck it, bought four tickets. Don't know when he's ever gonna be in this area again.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:16 pm

He's a comedian. Not like you need to be up front for it. If you can hear the jokes, you're good.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:37 pm

But he wants to be drenched in his sex sweat.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:20 pm

I totally do.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:19 pm

The punchline was pretty nice when I went there. Never been to any other comedy clubs around here. No tix on stubhub? I would like to see him as well
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:12 pm

Which Punchline? The Sacramento one or the San Francisco one? I've been to both plenty, though more to the Sacramento one obviously. It's actually decent, for Sacramento at least. I just wish they got more worthwhile acts to come through. Though this Saturday I'm going to see Two Kids One Hall (Scott Thompson and Kevin McDonald), and my friend who's a bartender there is getting us in for free. I'm expecting that to be awesome. I saw Jim Breuer a couple weeks ago, also for free, and I liked that more than I thought I would. He was actually pretty funny.

Tickets on StubHub are the same or worse than what's still available on TicketMaster but the prices START at $40 more than face value. StubHub fucking makes no sense a lot of times.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:48 pm

SF one. I saw Marc Maron there. Never heard of either of those two. Jim Breuer has had some funny standup for sure. Not sure if a comedy show would be worth 40 $. I don't even go to many festivals that cost that much
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:40 am

Most my more expensive shows I've gone to ($40+) are comedy shows. Good music's cheap, good comedy's expensive.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:39 am

I still don't get paying money to go see a comedy show. I've seen live comedy, don't see a difference between that and watching it at home
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:42 am

For me the atmosphere helps. Comedians I normally wouldn't find funny I can laugh at because of the crowd. I dunno. The whole contagious laughter thing. So yeah. I can see why going to see comedy live is better.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:43 am

I guess that never really affected me.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Definitely funnier for me as well in person, but it doesn't seem like a big enough difference for me to spend over 20 bucks on a ticket. Maybe I'm just a cheapass when it comes to shows of any kind.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Louis C.K.'s like a top 5 comedian ever for me, and he doesn't come westward too terribly often, so I feel like I owe it to myself and to him to go.

And Chad, besides the live theater experience of the crowd, enjoying the company of your friends and the act of just going out and doing something fun, comedians do VERY different sets on the road than what they do for something that they know is going to end up on television. It's absolutely worth it.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:47 am

I wanna see Ron White. Louis is cool as shit but Ron is me. Except I can't do scotch..that's a 30 hour hangover to me. Still Ron is me or early (first 4 albums) Lewis Black.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:36 am

I saw Lewis Black in I think 2004. He was pretty good, though I was bummed/surprised that a good 30 minutes of his set was stuff I'd heard on tv or specials or comedy albums I'd heard before.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:25 am

Steve Hughes fucking rules too plus he also was the drummer for Nazxul

Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:45 am

But Nazis hate fags.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
He's a comedian. Not like you need to be up front for it. If you can hear the jokes, you're good.

For a lot of his jokes, though, a decent bit of the humor comes from his facial expressions.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:20 pm

yea and at least you even have a chance to see him i will never be able to see my favorite comic, he has been dead for 6 years
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon   The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The worst thing to ever happen, happened this afternoon
Page 1 of 1