The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN

Go down 
+9
possybending
GROCERIES
Electroretard
Abnormal Freak
tuggernuts
Cghost21
Hollow_Viscus
roughdraft_zero
Loxx O)))
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
Cghost21 wrote:
Loxx O))) wrote:
You like the new Metallica album. Your opinion is not valid.

Death Magnetic is a good album. Metallica is a metal band I can always listen to, so I have a higher opinion of it, but come on, you gotta admit it's solid (that is if you're listening to the tracks that got released that weren't compressed to shit)
...we're not talking about Death Magnetic.

oh I thought that's what you were referring to with that particular statement
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:59 pm

The View was way better than the first track. But it's still pretty damn jarring.

Lou Reed has made some pretty classic stuff, but his singing isn't exactly his strongest quality. This is very odd stuff. As for Metallica's contribution, I dunno. I was never a huge fan outside of the big singles, so to me this is pretty solid metalling. Nothing spectacular, but the riffs are pretty decent.

I think that whenever you discuss these behemoth metal bands, people tend to go into hyperbole on both the positive.

You rarely hear that Death Magnetic or St. Anger were "all right albums". Either they're brilliant or they're raping someone's childhood or something. Same thing with Iron Maiden's later albums.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP
possybending

Title : Inspecteur

Character sheet
Name: Possy
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:30 pm

CGhost, you liked Death Magnetic? Really?
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:45 pm

I thought Death Magnetic was decent at first, but then after more listens it got really really shitty.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:42 pm

I like Death Magnetic except for the last song.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:10 am

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Loxx O))) wrote:
I also listen to black metal. I'm sorry you don't know good music when you hear it. If you honestly think saying that someone listens to doom and sludge is a put down... we know your taste in music is fucking terrible. But we knew that anyway

I think RD's point was that your taste in music is even more limited than mine. :O
Abz gets me. I've been making a real effort to expand my musical taste lately.

Edit: By the way for the record I like Death Magnetic a lot. The Day That Never Comes kind of sucks though.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:31 am

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
You don't even listen to metal anymore. What kind of music do you have interest in these days? Silly

I do listen to metal. Aside from that though I've been listening to a lot of video game music, but in general I don't listen to a lot of music lately. When I do though it's either metal or video game music.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:29 pm

possybending wrote:
CGhost, you liked Death Magnetic? Really?

It's a good album, just so long as you get a version of the tracks before they were compressed and all that.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:36 pm

And how do you do that?
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:41 pm

There was a version up on youtube shortly after it came out. A buddy of mine sent them to me via msn but I've since lost them. I still like the album version, but it is grating to listen to
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:45 pm

If you search for something like "Guitar Hero Death Magnetic", you should find them. They sound so much better because Guitar Hero got the master tracks for the game and they remixed/mastered them.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:46 pm

yeah that's what they were, the guitar hero tracks
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Might give that a go. Now that you mention the Guitar Hero thing, I remember people talking about this back when it came out. I had since forgotten.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN   lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lol @ Dragon.Slayer defending the new Metallica shit on IGN
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3