The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do these things actually exist in the US?

Go down 
+9
TheDarkSasser
GROCERIES
Green_shoes
Hollow_Viscus
roughdraft_zero
tuggernuts
jeffnogo
Loxx O)))
Shrike
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Shrike

Shrike

Do these things actually exist in the US? Empty
PostSubject: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If so, where and why?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Paper bags? Yes. Every grocery store pretty much has them. They ask you "paper or plastic?"

And... just to carry groceries with? I think they're inconvenient since plastic bags have handles.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Some paper bags have handles as well. They're all over in the US, but I haven't seen any down in Chile now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 3:15 pm

We use paper bags as our trash bags at home.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Why wouldn't they?
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
And... just to carry groceries with? I think they're inconvenient since plastic bags have handles.

That's the point. I have never seen handle-less paper bags for groceries in Sweden except for like mushrooms or other by-the-pound veggies. But to carry entire batch of groceries home? Retarded.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:22 pm

We've had bags like that for as long as I can remember. Handles are somewhat of a new thing. I remember Trader Joe's being the first to put handles on their bags. Now stores are trying to get you to shy away from using plastic bags (and paper too I guess) buy having you use reusable bags which I use.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Stores down here are slowly getting rid of plastic bags. We have our new re-usable environmentally friendly bags that we can buy and use.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Green_shoes wrote:
Stores down here are slowly getting rid of plastic bags. We have our new re-usable environmentally friendly bags that we can buy and use.

Yeah they were supposed to put a ban on plastic bags here (locally) don't know if they ever did though. I like plastic bags though because I use them for trash bags.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Yes, I do exist.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkSasser

TheDarkSasser

Title : Proud Homosexual

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:15 pm

The placement of that gallon of milk is suspicious though.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Who the fuck buys a handful of spaghetti?
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:44 pm

haha and I'm accustomed to small plastic bags for fresh produce!
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 am

Paper bags are the ONLY way to bring a large stash of 0wned_x2 home. Handles are for pussies and they always rip (either the handles or the bottom of the bag if you've got a lot of weight in it), and double- or triple-bagging plastic is fucking stupid. Throw all that shit neatly into some paper bags, wheel your cart out to your car, and when you get home, carry the bags from the bottom, grabbing one or two per arm. Eeeeeeeeezzzyyyyyyyy.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:15 pm

^^^^

Good paper bag with handles > Bag without handles > Shitty bag with handles
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:00 am

I hate handle-less paper bags. But more than that I hate bags that have thin wire-like straps. Who the fuck though that would be a good idea? I already have to carry something heavy, and you want me to risk cutting my palms open while I'm at it?
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Coincidentally, ever since I went to WitTR in November, I always carry around my WitTR tote bag in my messenger bag (how meta) in case I need to bag something. Hipsteriffic, eh?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:30 pm

Bags are for ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffellows
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do these things actually exist in the US?   Do these things actually exist in the US? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do these things actually exist in the US?
Page 1 of 1