The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classes for university next year

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

Classes for university next year Empty
PostSubject: Classes for university next year   Classes for university next year I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:15 am

Board is kind of dead so I'll post the courses I'm taking next year and you guys can rate them or whatever. I'm taking all math and stats, this is likely my last year at university for some time so I'm not doing anything I can't stand:

Semester 1

Introduction to NUmber Theory
Mathematical Proofs
Calculus 3
Euclidean Geometry
Introductory Stats for students with Calculus Background
Abstract Algebra 1

Semester 2:

Calculus 4
Applied statistics
Applications of Linear Algebra
Differential Geometry
Abstract Algebra 2

These are just what I'm registered for. I may wind up dropping both Abstract Algebra courses. Abstract Algebra 1 has Mathematical Proofs as a pre-requisite, so I may not be able to stay in that class. If I have to drop it, then Abstract Algebra 2 goes as well. However, if I can stay in, I'll be dropping Euclidean Geometry. Even if I can't stay in Abstract Algebra, I might drop Euclidean Geometry anyway becaause I don't really want more than 4 courses a semester (though if I can stay in it I will let it slide) and the only lecture for Euclidian Geometry starts at 8 am, so I can't see myself making many of those classes.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Classes for university next year   Classes for university next year I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:37 am

Well maths is not my strong point so i'll be avoiding it all costs when i sign up for uni soon. Hopefully i don't get a shit UAI.

That math works sounds interesting. I'm just not one for numbers.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Classes for university next year   Classes for university next year I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 3:05 am

I don't even know if I'm going back next semester, myself.

Why is this your last year?
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: Classes for university next year   Classes for university next year I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 3:13 am

I don't know 100% if it's my last year or not, it's about 70-30 right now, but there are a couple reasons. I've become fed up with the public education system and don't know if I'm willing to run myself into debt to do something I don't really enjoy doing that much anymore. I mean last year was...really really bad. I didn't work hardly at all in any of my courses (and still only got one B, the rest were A's, and I missed the A in that class by 2%) and I've just grown incredibly apathetic towards it. I'm thinking of going into auto mechanics next year, I've really felt doing something like that, working with my hands, fixing and creating shit. I don't know, education just hasn't appealed to me as much anymore.

I think another big thing was I went to university because out of high school I wanted to become a teacher. Now that vision has completely shattered and I'm really not in agreeance with public education in the slightest. There have been alot of things contributing to this decision.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Classes for university next year   Classes for university next year I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 3:29 am

Yeah... I've always thought that the education system here was bullshit. Pretty hard to get a job around here without one though, so...
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: Classes for university next year   Classes for university next year I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 3:30 am

depends on your education. If you simply pour 4 years into a BA and don't plan on teaching or becoming a lawyer or something you may as well say hello to a McJob.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Classes for university next year   Classes for university next year I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 3:31 am

Yeah, I guess I'm going into teaching. It's something I think I might enjoy. Better than fast food or a factory.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: Classes for university next year   Classes for university next year I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 3:32 am

yeah. If I get into mechanics and enjoy it, I hope to pair up with my buddy who does body work and opening our own shop. Though getting to be a BMW certified mechanic or something along those lines would be pretty sweet too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classes for university next year   Classes for university next year I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classes for university next year
Page 1 of 1