The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Academy Community Thread~

Go down 
+15
RespawnedDemon
Ancient Rune
jthefrank
roughdraft_zero
Loxx O)))
Green_shoes
After_The_Barrel_Roll
IAmHeavenSent
Abnormal Freak
tuggernuts
Hollow_Viscus
X-pert74
Electroretard
jeffnogo
Cghost21
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:49 am

I guess I can't make fun. I didn't start driving till I was 26.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:06 pm

I don't know how to drive
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 2:15 pm

And people made fun of me for waiting until I was 16 to start learning how to drive. I guess I could have been worse.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:23 pm

I got my license at age 20, I believe. I haven't really driven since then though, since I don't have a car and my mom insists that she be in the car with me when I drive her's.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:29 pm

I've been driving since I was like 15 but I only drive my car like once a month.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 4:12 pm

I can't imagine a world without needing to drive somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Everything I need is within 5 miles of me. Why would I drive? The only time I drive anywhere is to go out of town, which I do about once a month.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 4:50 pm

jeffnogo wrote:
And people made fun of me for waiting until I was 16 to start learning how to drive.  I guess I could have been worse.
Same. Course I live in Montana where a car is something everyone needs/has. Lots of my friends in cities don't have cars
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:07 pm

I live near downtown now, about 5 miles away, and other shit around me (like grocery stores and shit) is way closer, but I'd still rather drive the 2 minutes than walk the 20+ minutes.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Off topic... but bros... this project with me and the guy from Cuntworm is going great, ha. He sent me back a rewrite of a riff I did... and this shit sounds like some old school Slipknot only darker and more metal, lol.

Iunno. But I dig it. I'm working on a song right now that's more straight up sludge, though.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Electroretard

Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:14 pm

tuggernuts wrote:
I live near downtown now, about 5 miles away, and other shit around me (like grocery stores and shit) is way closer, but I'd still rather drive the 2 minutes than walk the 20+ minutes.

Bikes, bro. Can actually be faster than driving sometimes because you can avoid traffic or go on places where cars can't go. Plus you don't have to find parking.

It takes me 10 minutes to drive to campus, but only 7 to bike there.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Whenever we go out to lunch together at work, I always take my bike and the old-folk go and get their cars. Every single time I'm waiting on them mofos. The difference is even more pronounced in a small town. I do take the car to do my grocery shopping, even though the store isn't too far off. It's a half-hour walk to the nearest supermarket, and carrying groceries while biking is a hassle. Especially in winter.

Thinking of getting one of those little carts you can attach to your bike though.

On the other hand that would kinda go against my recent 3 grand investment in a new car.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Bikes are for fags
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:23 pm

For groceries I just use a backpack and stuff everything in there. Works fine.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:08 pm

I commute 17ish miles to work. Between that and errands, I put 15-18k a year.
I like my cushy car I just got in APril though.

Has anyone talked to som lately? Some of you remember him.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:15 pm

I have him on steam but I don't talk to him really. :p
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Does he get on much?
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:23 pm

I haven't had a car in Chile for 2 years. I pretty much walk everywhere and take a bus/taxi for longer distance trips. It's not that bad because it never gets that cold or hot here so it's easy to walk year round, there are cheap buses and taxis everywhere, and most things are all pretty close by. Also, I don't have much time for exercise lately, but I'm still staying in decent shape with all of this walking.

But I still have a car back in the US that I'll get back to using when I return.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:39 am

Clinton70 wrote:
Does he get on much?

He's on it all the time. :p
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:19 am

I'm coming down with a cold. God damnit.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:29 am

My friend and I have been trying to help this girl at uni access her student email account as the university has changed their system. I have issues accessing it via Chrome so I got her to use Safari for it and we were trying to work out why she couldn't access it. Dumb arse didn't realise that where it said domain name was where you had to put your student ID number like you always do to access it. The only difference is that it isn't labelled as User Name. Christ some people are hopeless.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Is she hot at least?
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 3:18 pm

Am I the only fag here that likes The Smiths and Morrissey? Either way, my fiancee and I bought two tickets yesterday for the Morrissey show that was going to be here next week on Friday. And in my city as well, not only in the capital (8 hours away) like pretty much every band that has ever come to Chile. However, literally a couple hours after we bought our tickets Morrissey cancels the entire South American tour the day before it starts due to "food poisoning" that he and a couple people got. He say's he is going to reschedule the dates, but if he ever gets around to doing that we are going to long gone and back in the states.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 5:21 pm

jeffnogo wrote:
Am I the only fag here that likes The Smiths and Morrissey?  

I doubt it. I can't stand either though. And who cancels a whole tour because of food poisoning? Was the tour going to be 2 days long?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:04 pm

I like The Smiths a lot, but solo Morrissey only has his moments at best. Then consider how he's actually quite a mega douchebag, further evidenced by a lame silly excuse for cancelling a tour, and he continues to be just another old burnout no longer worth paying attention to anymore. For me at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 39 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Academy Community Thread~
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next