The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playstation 4

Go down 
+10
After_The_Barrel_Roll
Green_shoes
jthefrank
X-pert74
Abnormal Freak
Hollow_Viscus
Electroretard
roughdraft_zero
Loxx O)))
RespawnedDemon
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:39 pm

Discuss
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Don't give a fuck?
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:40 pm

It looks fucking sick dude!
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:59 pm

I thought you weren't looking at anything?
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:02 am

That's a real thing?
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:15 am

sure is a thing
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:28 am

I remember there were a few times where I strongly considered buying a PS3, or XBox 360 or Wii, but I just kept telling myself very quickly each time that it'd be a huge waste of money since I don't know or care a thing about video games anymore. I heard about and promptly ignored the WiiU (wtf is that by the way? An actual new next-gen console? Or is it just the Wii with a stupid add-on periphery, a la Sega CD or something?), and now there's the next Playstation (and they're actually still just calling it the next sequel? lol)? So now, it's official? I fucking skipped an entire "generation," and a recession-induced extended one at that?

Last edited by roughdraft_zero on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:29 am

Not interested in the games, social shit, or the touchbar controller. The specs are nice but it's just looking like a PC at this point.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:35 am

Give me deets. I don't wanna wade through newsfeeds. Are they blocking used games like rumors suggested? What does the touchpad do on that gay-looking DualShock 4? What kinda games are for it? Is The Last Guardian (i.e. the only Sony game that matters) coming out?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am

And yes, r_z, the Wii U is the start of the next gen, but its hardware is apparently only a tad bit more powerful than the PS3 and 360 but dated tech has always been Nintendo's thing/not their focus. (Hell, I still wish the PlayStation had been a Super NES add-on like it was supposed to be.)
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - this thread on Reddit sums up everything fairly well, it seems. I'm glad for it because there's no way I would have sat through the whole conference.

The new system sounds like it'll have pretty nice tech; 8gb of ram overall is neat. The most important thing though is what games it'll have available, and I somehow expect this to get a lot of current PC ports.

user "neuroSplicer" posted this:

"Price info and release date might have leaked:

2 versions, $429 & $529"

The Wii U is just $350 for the 32gb harddrive version, isn't it? These prices sound like Sony is going to lose a lot of money per console sold, but they expect the end result to be worth it. I'm not happy about the idea of the system keeping track of what you do, and auto-downloading stuff it thinks you might like; I hope they let you turn that feature off.

roughdraft, this system does seem like somewhat of a gamble considering the economy. The PS3 was saved by getting so many ports of 360-developed games, despite its rough start sales-wise, so I wonder if something similar will happen here.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:12 am

Here's the controller and wannabe kinect

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:23 am

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Give me deets. I don't wanna wade through newsfeeds. Are they blocking used games like rumors suggested? What does the touchpad do on that gay-looking DualShock 4? What kinda games are for it? Is The Last Guardian (i.e. the only Sony game that matters) coming out?

They didn't say anything about blocking used games. They didn't name a price or show the console. No games that you're interested in are for it. They showed

New Killzone game, new infamous game, a driving game called DriveClub. Some forgettable new IP with some robot looking thing. (those are the first party games)

They showed something new from the developer of braid. Showed Quantum Dream's skin shaders. Showed Capcom's new game engine. Square Enix showed a target render of what they'd like to make. Blizzard announced Diablo III for the PS3 and PS4. I forgot what activision showed. Ubisoft showed Sleeping Dogs which the developer later said was running on a PC.

The console has a bunch of social stuff built into it. It's like facebook / new myspace where you can watch your friends play, jump into their games, see what they buy, etc. You can share videos and screenshots.

You can play ps4 games on your vita screen like a Wii-U.

Cloud stuff sounded kinda interesting.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:28 am

Keeping track of everything you do in what way? I'm too lazy to even read that Reddit thread right now.

There are rumors that the next Microsoft system will have mandatory always-on Kinect, which is kinda Big Brotherly and weird 'cos they could potentially enforce shit like FBI warnings for "private viewing" of movies; they could make a limit for how many people can watch a single copy (maybe only one?) otherwise it's considered public, illegal exhibition or some gay shit. Dunno if they'd take it that far, but the tech means they could.

I'm not buying a restrictive system that invades my privacy in an uncomfortable way. I don't care about Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram knowing how much I like to poop or seeing some pics from my personal life, but when it comes to how I operate or play my games or does stupid shit like not allowing used games to be played (I reeeaaally hope neither Sony or MS do that), I just can't be bothered. It's no longer a console nor is it a PC; it's an anomaly that binds the user in chains.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 am

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Keeping track of everything you do in what way? I'm too lazy to even read that Reddit thread right now.

I said it's like facebook / new myspace. It will update all your friends on what you buy, what your'e playing, they can see you playing the game.

The console also predicts what you like so when you go to the store it automatically downloads the games before you buy the game.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:49 am

I'll buy one years after it comes out if the IPs are interesting
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:12 am

I guess that kinda social interaction ain't so bad, but I'm a loner and hate when notifications pop up online to tell you a friend's on. Turned all that shit off on my 360 day one. I'm a single player gamer; multiplayer lost its luster for me when the focus was drawn away from palling around in someone's living room with a buncha folks.

But automatically downloading games is dumb. I have a poor Internet connection and the assholes seem to cap my speed if I've been using a lot of bandwidth, so that would be a big dumb problem for me if it couldn't be disabled.

Oh well. I still don't care to pick up anything besides the Wii U and maybe the OUYA.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:47 am

Overall, I think it would be more practical for me to continue upgrading my PC rather than getting a PS4. I don't generally care for Sony's first party games anyways, so I don't see myself missing out on anything for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:46 am

It doesn't block used games according to this article: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:47 am

X-pert74 wrote:
Overall, I think it would be more practical for me to continue upgrading my PC rather than getting a PS4. I don't generally care for Sony's first party games anyways, so I don't see myself missing out on anything for the time being.

Pretty much. Consoles are turning into PCs anyway, except with gimmicky crap like the eye and kinect. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:55 am

The controller looks like shit. What the hell is the thing in the middle?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:57 am

It's a touchpad. Obviously a late-to-the-drawing-board, poorly-implemented one that's fugly as sin.

The OUYA's touchpad is way sexier.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:28 am

Sounds like something I would probably never use.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:56 am

I'm not going to bother reading any of you losers' replies.
THE NEGATIVES: That was the most embarassing and stupid thing I've ever watched. The music in that puzzle game made me not want to play the game. The fucking sculpting dream bullshit game made me cringe. Killzone is Killzone and Killzone is just another generic FPS like Resistance with oversized stupid ass looking guns aimed at 12 year old PS fanboys that just want something to brag about to halo fans because lol its so much more bleak and hardcore. Now they're trying too hard to be Bioshock Infinite which is already a game that is trying too hard. DIABLO III IS FUCKING DUMB and I don't even know why the fuck anyone would wait for the console release. Or spend 40-60 bucks on a dumbed down ARPG in the first place. Re-install Diablo II. Download Path of Exile. Ignore Blizzard for the rest of your life. Fuck blizzard. Fuck activision. Fuck crapcom. Fuck Squenix. This shit has gotten out of hand. "PLISS LUKA FOWAD TO UH E TREE" uhhh how about this. NO. I'm calling it now. E3 is NOT gonna be much better. Look forward to no Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement (not that I give a shit, but at least it will give square a chance to step the fuck away from ff xiv 2.0 and god damn iOS bullshit). No Last Guardian update or if there is it will reveal barely anything. No Persona 5 (I feel like this would be announced at a TGS anyways). Square used an old ass video which is just a tech demo using the newest unreal engine. Who the fuck makes a video or game or movie or ANYTHING for that matter that has dragons and ak47s together. THey didn't even show the console. E3 will have some stuff that makes me happy, but we all know ALL that what we really want at the big conferences will never happen. We will never see the Mother series cared about by NoA. We will get another stupid ass pikmin or stupid ass mario or another stupid ass wii music. We will never see a Final Fantasy VII remake. We will never see a Vagrant Story 2. The only good games they make will never be localized. I don't see 720 actually having any exclusives worth a damn. It's just going to be announcing big games before hand and saying they're exclusive when they really mean timed exclusive. Dark Souls II ends up being made into a next gen game and the ps3/360 versions will have dozens of technical issues or tons of content cut out because bandai namco will rush the release. Watch Dogs is Ass Creed: Deus Ex edition. Ass Creed is continuing on too. The new Infamous game's main character is lol so edgy xD. How can you have some extremely pro-libertarian well done intro to a game like fucking Infamous? Really? Am I the only one who expected a new IP? Bethesda will put out another fallout game that appeals more to FPS gamers or they will just skip Fallout and announce Dishonored 2. Half Life 3...maybe actually fucking gets a release date, but the catch is the game will revolve around hats you got from TF2. Eventually every game company admits everything was pre-rendered, everything was pre-recorded, everything was bullshit and not even running on the actual console. Lets bring up FF VII and how great it was. Lets bring up the classic RE games and how great they were. Lets then lie about the current status of the RE series by saying that the console hardware has brought a new level of terror to the RE games because we all know that's flatout wrong.

everything sucks, everything will continue to suck, every great gaming company has lost its way entirely. We just have to hope that the consoles continues to have great THIRD PARTY games announced for it from all of the companies they didn't talk about tonight. I seriously will never care about any zeldas, any marios, any donkey kongs, any games geared towards 5 year olds or old gamers that did play these classic games at 5 years old. I had mario when I was young, the style of game is outdated plain and simple. The amount of time it takes them to make these games has to be far less than a year. What happened to Fable being good? What happened to Mass Effect being alright? What happened to Assassin's Creed being pretty okay? What happened to Splinter Cell being a stealth game? What happened to just about every game series and every game company? I didn't simply grow out of these games. The companies put in less effort. It became about money more than it is about quality. Game not finalized? Put it out anyway and give it a patch months later. Maybe... If you're on PS4 that is. Can't think of a good way to end the story for this game? Don't worry, we'll put out a sequel next year. Who ruined the gaming industry? The developers? Or the market? Not every game has to be geared towards casuals to be successful. Not every game has to be a shooter to be successful. Not every game has to be family friendly or trying HARD to be a "mature game for a mature audience". Gaming is going the way of movies. Everyone wants a new Michael Bay movie. Everyone thinks that introducing yoga and exercise into gaming is going to revolutionize gaming and improve the health of you fat lazy slobs who play games all day while eating pizza and potato chips daily. We don't show the games and let the games do the talking. We instead have these people WHO ARE JUST MARKETING YOU BS using the words "next level", "innovation", "immersion", "only capable on..." . This announcement was an eye opener. Maybe you all are at the point I'm at and have been there for a long time, but this is awful. I wasn't okay with the past e3 sony/nintendo/ms conferences, sure. But this has just taken it to a whole other level. I've heard this shit all before. I've seen absolutely nothing innovative. I've seen nothing that can't be achieved on PC.

Onto the POSITIVE: I like that if I were to buy a Vita it would be a good investment for the leaving of the room feature and continuing to play your game. Will this work on every game? I'm not too certain. It is a cool idea though. Most console games do however deserve to be played on a console. I don't know how controls will work. Does the vita have an R1,R2, L1, L2? Share button could potentially be good. As it is you do have to go through a bit to directly record the game you're playing on the console and you also have to go through a bit as far as streaming goes on consoles. This doesn't have an insane amount of potential or anything, but it just could be an easier way for people like me to share a clip of me teabagging another player. The bungie game looks like a mix of halo and star wars. It could be alright, but FPSes are not my thing in the first place. Counter Strike is about as far as I go when it comes to that genre. It seems to me like the purchase of the game would just be due to other friends having it and wanting to have a good time going through a game cooperatively. There could have been A WHOLE LOT MORE disappointments if they showed more ps move garbage, but luckily they didn't. Good on you sony. If the 720 has built in Kinect or something I'll be sure to just never buy another microsoft product again and maybe spend my hard earned money on the ps4 or the vita in a year's time or so. The CRAPcom game didn't look so crappy. It made me happy that there's a new IP. Not that I can really think of any game that they would announce. Street Fighter wouldn't make sense, RE wouldn't make sense, megaman won't show off any console's capabilities at all, and DMC is done. What is going on in the game though? It doesn't really give any hints about gameplay. Is this like Dragon's Dogma? Is this another attempt at a skyrim or Dark Souls competitor? The game clip gave me an almost Dragon's Lair vibe, but I think that style of gaming is 100% never happening ever again.

Last edited by After_The_Barrel_Roll on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playstation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation 4
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: