The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What video games are you guys playing nowadays?

Go down 
+12
tuggernuts
Green_shoes
Ancient Rune
Abnormal Freak
Electroretard
Shrike
X-pert74
jeffnogo
After_The_Barrel_Roll
Hollow_Viscus
jthefrank
Loxx O)))
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

What video games are you guys playing nowadays? Empty
PostSubject: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Couldn't remember ever hearing about that game. Looked it up and I definitely remember seeing it, though.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:15 pm

jeffnogo wrote:
Yeah the KotOR was an amazing storyline/twist. Probably my favorite storyline/twist to this day is the one from Planescape: Torment. It's unfortunate how few people played that game, but considering that the few people that did play it will never forget it, it still comes up here and there in video game discussions.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just found out that there is going to be a "spiritual successor" to Planescape: Torment. "The game was successfully crowd-funded through Kickstarter in the first six hours of the 30 day project's launch, March 6, 2013. Torment: Tides of Numenera surpassed Project Eternity as the most funded videogame Kickstarter with a total of $4,188,927 pledged by 74,405 backers. The release date was initially set to December 2014 but later shifted to 2015." And nice, they're making an OS X edition. I'm set.
I got through the intro, then the game kept locking up
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:51 pm

jeffnogo wrote:

EDIT: Holy shit, I just found out that there is going to be a "spiritual successor" to Planescape: Torment. "The game was successfully crowd-funded through Kickstarter in the first six hours of the 30 day project's launch, March 6, 2013. Torment: Tides of Numenera surpassed Project Eternity as the most funded videogame Kickstarter with a total of $4,188,927 pledged by 74,405 backers. The release date was initially set to December 2014 but later shifted to 2015." And nice, they're making an OS X edition. I'm set.

Wasteland 2 is coming out too off of Kickstarter. That's like the real sequel to Fallout.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Ni no Kuni just went down to $40 on Amazon. Tempting, but I think I'd be better off jerking off onto a couple twenty dollar bills instead judging by the YouTube playthroughs.

I liked it a whole bunch for the first many hours. It's still good, but the game definitely has some problems.

jeffnogo wrote:

Yup. Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Any of you guys ever play through the two Baldur's Gate games? Been really dying to play those again
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:06 pm

Yeah, I haven't played through either of them in more than 10 years, but the first one is a good solid game that was a bit rough in a few spots, but worth playing at least once just for at least the storyline so you could get into part 2. Part 2 was a massive experience that was a fucking fantastic game with a great story line. Also, the first one has an Enhanced Edition that came out a couple months ago, which I haven't played, but it updates just about everything and put in it a lot of the things they did better in part 2. Also, they are saying that an Enhanced Edition for part 2 will come out sometime this year.

The only real downside to part 2 is that the storyline somewhat wraps up but leaves a lot for a part 3 that they started working on but never finished. However, the team working on the Enhanced Editions has said that if they sell well enough, they'll make a part 3.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:37 pm

I'm really looking forward to Wasteland 2. I should get around to finishing the first Wasteland at some point.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:44 pm

I just pretend that Dragon Age in BG3

...and that Dragon Age 2 is an un-related game...
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 pm

jthefrank wrote:
Any of you guys ever play through the two Baldur's Gate games? Been really dying to play those AGAIN

Reading comprehension fail. On my part, that is.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:36 am

Electroretard wrote:
Bioshock 1 is one of my favorite games ever, you guys are retards.

Infinite is also awesome, but the gameplay isn't as tight as 1. Sure, the rail combat shit is badass, but I hate only being able to carry two guns at a time.

I was super-annoyed at the two gun limit at first, but after a while it became much more engaging running around the map trying to find the tear with the appropriate gun.

I really think the gameplay is tight as hell, but if there's one thing I'd critique it for, it's that there are just too many god damn guns. It would have been enough with the founder setup exclusively, but there's massive gun inflation when they add the Vox repertoire. Especially when your funds are kinda limited and you want to upgrade just a few. You'll end up using like three or four, and then you have twice as many that are left unused. And to me they didn't have enough of their own character.

I much preferred the Bioshock 1/2 setup with a small set of guns with alternate ammo to diversify. That gave you more of an incentive to adapt to your situation. If they'd have given you two weapon slots, had two or three alternate ammos and 5-6 main guns, it'd have been kickass.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:38 pm

I usually keep the carbine and switch up my first weapon.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Yeah it took me a bit to realize that some of the guns were even different lol. Particularly the two machine guns.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:11 pm

I beatered Giana Sisters DS. That game was fucking FUUUUUUUUUUUUUN.

Kurt, to answer your earlier inquiry, it does have elements similar to Mario but is quite different as well. The original Great Giana Sisters on Commodore 64, however... Yeah, straight-up Super Mario Bros. wannabe; the first ground and underground stages are almost identical to Mario 1.

The DS game is kind of a quasi-remake that changes the gameplay, has completely new levels (and some redesigned ones), and as a bonus there's one level that contains all 32 levels from the original '80s game, which you have to play in one stretch, lol. It's damn fun.

Seriously awesome platformer with great graphics and music. It's got an iOS/Android HD remake which is also coming out for the Ouya. I might check it out if I get an Ouya, although judging by the trailer the graphics just are nowhere near as good as the excellent pixel art on the DS version.

I'll have to pick up Twisted Dreams now. I see there's a physical PC release for ten bucks. THAT'S DA WAY TO GOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:33 pm

There were certain guns I focused on upgrading, like the carbine, machine gun, and handgun, but I still made use of almost every single gun, including the Vox Populi spinoff guns. Maybe it's because I played on Normal, but even non-upgraded guns I still found were useful, so I used all of them at least once or twice.

Ab, good to hear you enjoyed it Happy I should get it sometime. I could use more platformers for my DS.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:43 pm

I'm playing on hard and even normal games are still fine. I used the pistol for a good majority of the game. :p
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:24 pm

I beat Uncharted just now on Normal, with 31/60 treasures collected. The combat in this game really drags it down; it's cheaply difficult, repetitive, and clunky. It also unfortunately is what the majority of the game consists of. I liked the story though; it's very simple and standard, but the writing is pretty decent compared to many mainstream games. I like the characters, and am looking forward to seeing them again in the sequel. The exploration and platforming is nice, though a little too linear at times. It's a shame the game's balance is pretty much 85% combat, 15% other stuff.

The "Resident Evil" sections of the game I actually liked though. It's kind of funny how much more like the older Resident Evil games they are than anything Capcom has made in years; right down to the piano keys in the background music.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 5:57 am

I started playing Duke Nukem Forever on Steam; this game is so fucking bad, seriously. The writing is horrible; almost every single line is forced, sounding like it was written by someone who discovered /b/ last week. The gameplay itself is very linear and awkward, feeling like a random mishmash of half-baked ideas with no flow or pacing. Which makes sense because that's pretty much what it is.

If there's one positive thing I can say about it, it's that I still feel compelled to keep playing. It's so poorly conceived, I just have to see how much worse it can get :p This isn't a "so bad it's good" game though, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:39 am

The greatest joy I had playing the game was throwing that turd around.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 9:19 am

X-pert74 wrote:
I beat Uncharted just now on Normal, with 31/60 treasures collected. The combat in this game really drags it down; it's cheaply difficult, repetitive, and clunky. It also unfortunately is what the majority of the game consists of. I liked the story though; it's very simple and standard, but the writing is pretty decent compared to many mainstream games. I like the characters, and am looking forward to seeing them again in the sequel. The exploration and platforming is nice, though a little too linear at times. It's a shame the game's balance is pretty much 85% combat, 15% other stuff.

The "Resident Evil" sections of the game I actually liked though. It's kind of funny how much more like the older Resident Evil games they are than anything Capcom has made in years; right down to the piano keys in the background music.

I really dug the combat, but I can admit that it was a tad too repetitive. However, if you're yet to play U2 and U3, congrats, you've got about 20 hours of amazing gameplay ahead of you (and then three hours of meh at the end of U3).

Uncharted 2 is essentially everything that Uncharted could have been. It's a fricking amazing game.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:55 pm

i really want to play dungeon siege 1 and 2 but to get them i have to buy 3 off steam which I already have for ps3

found 1 and i think 2 is somewhere but will they run is the question
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 am

I didn't care for Dungeon Siege, and I consider Total Annihilation one of the greatest games in history
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:33 am

1 works fine still cant find 2
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:56 am

I really enjoyed the first two Dungeon Siege games. I wasn't much of a fan of the third title.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:38 am

I've only played the 3rd Dungeon Siege. It did what it needed to do. One of my friends pretty much just gave it to me for free. It's probably not worth a second play through, though.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:01 pm

Not selling Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 on their own is a pretty stupid thing. I don't like that stuff like Master Levels for Doom II is also only available as part of a package, rather than being available for individual purchase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What video games are you guys playing nowadays?
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next