The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Academy Community Thread~

Go down 
+6
Cghost
Hollow_Viscus
X-pert74
Green_shoes
IAmHeavenSent
Loxx O)))
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:15 pm

I got back from Comic-Con yesterday. It was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 pm

What all did you get to see? Did you see James Rolfe?
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:04 am

James Rolfe was at Comic-Con?

EDIT: Here's my post copy&pasted from the Metal board's CT:

It was a lot of fun. I went all 5 days (including a couple hours during preview night, which is Wednesday), and it was cool. I took some cosplay pics, went to some panels, bought the Mega Man 9 and Resident Evil 5 soundtracks, and played some games that haven't been released yet.

Game-wise, I thing I first played Katamari Forever on the PS3. It was fun, like all Katamari is, but I already own Beautiful Katamari. I think one Katamari game is enough for me. After that I played 4 player co-op in Lost Planet on the 360, and it was kind of fun shooting up this huge monster, and going inside its mouth and stuff. I wish you could jump by pushing down on the right stick though, like with Crackdown. After that I went to Spyborgs, and I played through an entire level all on my own. No one else was coming over to play with me, so one of the Capcom staff members came over and set the second player to CPU so that I could finally have help while playing the game. I played a few levels of the game, including the first boss battle, and it wasn't bad, but really... it's not spectacular at all. I don't see myself ever buying it. It's just not a terrible game, that's all. I then played Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles on Saturday, after trying in vain on Thursday and Friday to get an appointment set up for me to play.

To clarify, unlike Capcom's other game demos, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles was in its own separate room inside Capcom's booth, and every group of two people was selected to play either the RE2 or Code Veronica X level for 15 minutes each. After Capcom's panel on Thursday, I went over at about 4PM and learned that the signup list had closed that day. I then went at around 10am or so on Friday, and found that it had already filled up. I then got to Comic-Con at 8AM on Saturday so I could finally have a chance, and I dashed straight to the Capcom booth when it opened up and managed to get a time in for 1:30PM that day.

So when I played Darkside Chronicles... it was really pretty disappointing. I knew I wouldn't like it, but still... why the **** does Capcom have to make another Resident Evil lightgun shooter? I can't compare it to Umbrella Chronicles since I haven't played it, but Darkside Chronicles felt very shallow. They try to take a cinematic approach with the game, which pretty much means the camera gets really shaky at times. It sucks because it feels more like watching a movie in first person rather than playing a game, yet at random points you'll have to point at the screen and press the b trigger a bunch in order to move on. I can't enjoy it as a movie or as a game, as a result. If it weren't for the fact that we could get an awesome Darkside Chronicles shirt for free after playing the demo, I wouldn't have gone to the trouble of playing it. But by the time I was able to play it, they had run out of Medium-size shirts so I had to take a Large instead >_> Oh well. Capcom is really ****ing up as far as the Wii is concerned.

Panel-wise, I went to Capcom's 2009 lineup (kind of cool), Computer gaming in Japan (which was technically all-ages, though most discussing concerned doujin games and some ecchi games), Legends of Batman (which had the only three living Batman artists from before the 1960s or so all together in the same room; it was rather boring and almost a third of the room walked out before the panel was over), Gaming-based entertainment (I forget the name, but it had people like Rocco from Mega64 and someone behind Red vs Blue, and others too like "Storm Dain"), and... I think that's it. I tried to get in the How to get in the Video Game Industry panel, but I was too late for it and it was already filled up.

Anime-wise... I did watch anime. Mainly on Sunday. I watched Mazinkaiser and Gurren Lagann on Saturday, and I didn't get too into either one. On Sunday though, I saw a bunch of shows I'd never seen before like Clannad, Urusei Yatsura, Lucky Star, Galaxy Angel, School Rumble, and World of Narue. It was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed most of those shows; Clannad and World of Narue in particular.

Cosplay-wise, I took pictures on my cell phone, which I haven't uploaded yet. I'll get around to uploading them later.

I also had some food which was good, from places like the Tilted Kilt and Roy's. If there are any other questions you guys might have about Comic-Con, feel free to ask.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also played a little bit of Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, which was fun. I quit early on though because I'm only in the second Ace Attorney game, and didn't want to see too much from later on in the series.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:57 am

Did you dress up Kurt?
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:09 am

No, I didn't Tongue I've thought a little about it, but I'm not sure I'd like having to pose for everyone all the time.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:18 am

I'm pretty sure you're the one who's supposed to ask to pose with other people not people pose with you.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Well, I'm off for a bit. I'll see you guys later tonight.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:51 pm

Ok baby. Kiss
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:01 pm

Putting cds on my computer is boring as hell now that no one is posting here or on boards I care about at IGN.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:12 pm

Are you ripping each individual cd to your computer?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Green_shoes wrote:
Are you ripping each individual cd to your computer?

I would imagine so. How else could he do it?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:25 pm

Yes. I downloaded EphPod to rip the cds off my iPod... but it said I could only do 100 songs with the trial version. Pfft... just make this shit easy for me.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:19 am

Connect your PC to your laptop and copy them over that way. If your PC has wireless capabilities you could create a network and copy the songs from your PC to your laptop that way.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:21 am

There is no music on that computer.

My cd drive is making unpleasant noises at this point while I'm trying to rip cds... I'm done for now and I'll let it rest.

9gb. Sad
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:39 am

How many gigs of music do you have?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:40 am

I don't know... I'm almost done with all the cds I've just got laying around my room... but my mac had over 20gb... and that was 2 years ago. I've gotten a lot more since then.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:44 am

20gb alone is a far amount of music.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:46 am

This computer has a 320gb harddrive. I intend to use up most of that on music.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:47 am

I only have 22.74gb worth of music. I'll eventually need to get an external hard drive as my mac will be out of memory soon.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:02 am

I'm bored... and watching myself on webcam.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:49 am

Boredom is a bitch. Lucky for me I have plenty of uni work/study that I can do if I choose to.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:01 am

I've got iTunes on shuffle... It just went from Anagnorisis (blackened death) to Fall Out Boy.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:26 am

I used to always use shuffle but I tend to listen to a whole cd now before changing to a different one. I mainly use shuffle with my iPod when I'm out and about so I don't have to pull it out and change the artists etc.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:57 am

Went out and had a few drinks with friends tonight. Was enjoyable since I only had to pay for two drinks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 25 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Academy Community Thread~
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next