The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Academy Community Thread~

Go down 
+6
roughdraft_zero
IAmHeavenSent
Hollow_Viscus
Loxx O)))
Cghost
Green_shoes
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Anybody ask you for anything stupid you didn't know how to make? Or were most the orders pretty basic?

Make good tips?
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:45 am

I only had a couple people come to the bar to ask me for something, and it was just a double caesar and a couple pints of beer. The oddest thing I had up were lemon drop, and I knew what they were but wasn't sure how we made them. Wound up not mattering because the waitress made them, though had I been half sober I proabbly could have figured it out.

As far as tips go, I didn't make any officially, but I did have 12 drinks at the bar and didn't pay for anything so I guess that works.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:34 pm

Sounds kinda strange. So I'm guessing you didn't get any tips cuz you were only momentarily filling in for somebody, like a lunch break or something, and didn't bother calculating out the tips? Or was it omething different?

And jesus christ, did you have those 12 drinks throughout the course of your shift, or that's what you eventually tallied up for yourself after hanging out afterwords? Even in my (most-)regular drinking days, I don't think I'd be able to consistently pour anything beyond a beer or a well drink if I had a dozen drinks in me.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:55 pm

I was just helping out, I didn't work a shift. There were only two epople on and they got slammed so I just jumped behind the bar because they needed a hand. I only worked for a couple hours, and like I said I wound up not paying my tab so that was basically like getting tipped.

And I was 6 or 7 deep when I started, I'd had 12 by the time I left.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Ah... my bass came in. It looks so nice. I'm having fun playing. This bass really does feel nice and sound nice.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:54 pm

Only two more exams left, which are next week. Holidays are going to be slow and long but I'll enjoy it all.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:05 pm

i have 4 papers due in the next 2 weeks. bleh.
then finals.

i'm ready for christmas! screw thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:07 pm

My last exam is Saturday morning. Following that we'll be partying it up for my friend's birthday.

I'm not really excited about Christmas this year. I haven't been excited about it for a long time now actually. Should be decent though. My brother is meant to be buying a case of beer and a bottle of Jagermeister for Christmas this year so I'll be on my merry way.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:09 am

exam on a saturday??? damn australia and its different ways. haha

i have exams the first week of december.

eh. christmas will probably be pretty messed up this year, as will thanksgiving. tommy (father) is getting married saturday. i'm not even sure where he's going to live, much less where we'd have something.

i'm looking forward to the break, and the music, and the weather, and the overall mood.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:11 am

I have exams on the 11th, 12th, 14th, and 17th of December.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:09 am

Our exams are in November but we don't attend uni at all during the month. Its pretty much the holidays already so showing up on a saturday isn't that bad.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:44 pm

I would have been having exams yesterday, and then also towards the middle of December. but instead I start my new job tomorrow. I've been doing laundry all day.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:59 pm

So... I've been working on songs. Yeah...
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:28 am

Songs for m1:35?

Bought my friend some books for his birthday. Now I just need to work out what booze to buy for the party.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:32 am

No. On real music projects. Projects that I never let people from this board hear because they're immature douchebags and just want to make some insult followed by "lol" because they're trying to be cool. And I want serious comments on my real musical endeavors.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:36 am

I attempt to make serious comments when you posted about m1:35. That music isn't really my style though so I'd rarely have something worthwhile to say as I don't know how things are meant to sound and whats good and whats not in that genre.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:37 am

Industrial and electronica are terrible. I do m1:35 simply because it's easy to do considering what software I have.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:38 am

Fair enough. What are you moving towards now?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:40 am

I've always written and recorded doom and sludge type music. With a little folk and pop thrown in.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:29 am

m1:35 wrote:
I've always written and recorded doom and sludge type music. With a little folk and pop thrown in.
I'd much rather hear that than m1:35 stuff.

And I don't know if you're talking about as a whole, but I don't think you get too many comments from us on that music at all, let alone immaturely negative (or whatever you wanna call it). I don't think I've ever said anything about it one way or the other at all (except for that up above).

[edit]: oh and lol

Last edited by roughdraft_zero on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lol)
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:20 am

I just watched a video recorded of my 10th birthday party. I was such a spoiled brat Neutral I'm so glad I've matured since then.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:30 am

What did Kurt get for his 10th birthday?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:36 am

a PS3
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:20 am

a complete copy of Contra III: The Alien Wars, a black-paper notebook with glittery pens, and a shitload of Pokemon toys and cards. Maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting too. I think I got A Bug's Life for the N64, but I don't remember if it was my tenth birthday party or another year.

I never realized how high pitched and squeaky my voice was at age 10. I also feel bad looking at my behavior back then. I blew out the candles for my cake, then started whining that I didn't think of a wish and I made my sister light the candles again so I could blow them out while making a wish this time. Then when I was opening my presents, I opened up the one containing Contra III and just remarked how "It's the third Contra" a couple times, and when someone asked me if I even had a Super Nintendo, I was offended by the fact he would even think of asking and I said "Of course I do! Angry". Then I didn't thank the person who gave me the present. My mom started telling me to give the person a big thank you, and after a few moments I finally said "...Thanks. Neutral" Doh! I'm amazed my family could put up with me back then.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:24 am

I had a pretty awesome night last night. Met JEremy Roenick, fired a gun for the first time, and decided to not do cocaine anymore (however this was after I'd already done it).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 34 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Academy Community Thread~
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next